How long will the baby use the crib?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 30, 2007.

1. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

cribs!!!!

Hi ladies

I have lots of confusion in buying cribs, car seat and stroller ESPECIALLY CRIBS. In case of crib, i just want to know the type of material( wood, mica etc) so that even if the baby jumps it should not break..

Also i went for a seminar on convertible crib, its babee tenda product and i ordered it too, but feel unsatisfied b'cos i felt its too costly, also i googled abt it, some say its worth, some doesnt agree with it.

So u ladies, pls suggest me a best crib, so that i can cancel this order which i made already, i need to cancel it by tuesday.

Pls tell me the brand name and the nature of the product material...

Awaiting for ur replies.

Thanks

2. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Re: cribs!!!!

Dear Sandhya,

Too many choices lead to confusion is it not?? Well I don't have any experience with the brand you are talking about. But here is what i did for both my kids:

For the first 6 months, i used a bassinet. It is like a cradle , but really very light weight and easy to move around. Also I think as baby, they slept well in in as it is small enough to keep them snug and warm . I feel a crib at this stage is just too big .

After six month, i got the convertible crib for them. One that converts from crib to toddler bed. This was good since i could remove one side and then attach it to my bed. In that sense they were sleeping alone at the same time sleeping in the same room ( not same bed).

So why not try looking into a bassinet? You can buy a good one for under 100 bucks. ( not sure though i have been out of the baby scene for long now).

As for car seat and stroller. The best for you till one year is the combi car seat stroller. After, one year we have change anyway to the bigger car seat.

Hope this helps

Vandhana

3. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Dear vandhana

Thanks for the reply... I can get bassinet but the problem is my house is too small to accomodate everything, so i thought of going directly to crib.. what do u feel about it?

And now i think stroller and car seat is not a problem, i think graco travel system is good enough.. i need ur suggestions in this too..

The only thing is crib, i too thought of getting convertible crib, but could u give me the brand name u got and the price details , is the price is ionclusive of mattress or u got crib separate and mattress separate??

thanks

4. Varasenthil

Varasenthil New IL'ite

Hi Sandhya,

As I m using crib for my son, hope i can give u some ideas . I have bought Simplicity brand . Its good and i m using still now.
    U can get good quality of cribs in Walmart too. Now cribs r available with some conversions as toddler bed after 1 year or so U have to buy matress and crib bedding set seperately. Altogether it may come around 150 to 175.
    As u are concerned about space, u can go for buying crib which is an one time investment too. U have options to connect toys with that crib too which ur baby will like and enjoy at every stage.

luv
    vara

5. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

One Suggestion

Whenever u buy a babies stuff double check whether it is a recalled one.
    Once you bought that item(Crib or play yard or travel system) do register that item by going to their website so if there is a recall of the product u bought they will let you know immediately.

Cheers
    -Dhivya

6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

thanks srini and vara for ur suggestions. Yes we do browse for stuffs that has been recalled.

7. momtobe

momtobe New IL'ite

Hello ladies,

We are in the process of buying a crib for our baby. I would like to know how long the baby generally requires the crib.... one year, two years, 3 or 4...we plan to decide the sturdiness and expense of the crib based on this useful information. This is my first child hence the query. Thanks in advance!

8. Aadhusmom

Aadhusmom Gold IL'ite

9. geeta_sathish

geeta_sathish Senior IL'ite

Hi Momtobe,

Why don't you check out the convertible crib models?

These can be used as cribs for a few years, and then when needed they can be conveted into toddler beds once the baby becomes too big for the crib..

I am thinking of buying this model only to save some space and money.

All the best. Take care.

10. mommytobe

mommytobe New IL'ite

Help...which Model Of Crib

hello ladies,

I am so confussed..I only know that i have lost of space and rooms..but i plan to keep the baby in my room atleast 1.5-2 yrs..I plan to buy a CONVERTIBLE CRIB, but there are so many types, designs, models, websites, places to buy from that I am lost since last 3 days.

Need help. If you can all list down your favorite ones or what you have bought and from where that would help. By this i dont mean convertible or standard, that i have already decided..convertible works fro me..BUT THE MILLION DOLLAR QUESTION WHICH DESIGN ?? WHICH ONE ?? BRAND ?? MODEL ?? i am okay with spending max 400$.

I think this poll will help me view what everybody there has bought.

Thanks,
    Shweta