1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Doubts abt Applying for H1

Discussion in 'Immigration Matters' started by nila1, May 9, 2006.

1. nila1

nila1 New IL'ite

I am thinking of applying for H1 visa, i am in h4 now. one indian company has accepted to apply it for me. if the quota is over by the time i apply when will i know abt it? will it be as soon as i applied?

If the quota is over then do i have to pay again for applying next yr? since i have to pay for all the expenses i just wanted to know abt it. or do i have to pay again for next yr?
    Thankyou

2. meghakapoor

meghakapoor New IL'ite

Hi Nila

I will suggest you to clear these doubts with the company who has accepted to apply H1 for you. And try to clear your doubts ASAP to avoid any risks this year.

Regards,

3. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hello Nila..

Your query seems quite serious to me. US immigration and how it works is quite complicated and it is better you address your question to your lawyer who is dealing with your H1 application or the relevant people at your work. Also, check out the following link as it answers many queries. Best of luck to you and as
    M Kapoor rightly says, do it ASAP :)

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/

Love and regards,
    Kamla

4. nila1

nila1 New IL'ite

Thankyou M Kapoor and Kamla. I will call them right away.

5. sonia

sonia Bronze IL'ite

applying for h1 visa

hi nila

as per my knowledge....

u can fill the applications for h1 visa for d yr 2007 this time.the quota is still avl.it will b filled near about august(can b earlier depending on how much applications ppl r filling).and they will not take ur application if there will b no quota.so u can know abt quota at d time of submitting application itself.

u have to attach all ur certificates etc.which must b attested by first class officer (by this they will know that ur certificates r original).then after processing they will send petition to ur employer or lawyer.but if they refused it then the money is non refundable.so,if u will go again for visa in d next yr then u have to pay again.

quota is near abt 65,000.which is for india,china etc.

one thing i would like to suggest....
    plz enquire abt d lawyer becoz sometime lawyers take money n everything from u n then they don't care(it happened wd my frnd).

hope it is helpful.

best of luck for ur visa.
    sonia

Last edited: May 10, 2006
  6. nila1

nila1 New IL'ite

Thankyou sooo much Sonia. The indian company looks good, few of my friends gave good reviews. so i am just praying to god.

7. sowmya

sowmya New IL'ite

give me some reference

even i want to apply which company is taking care of this/
    even i am ready to pay myself i just want to get it done in that company's name. give some reference companies who r doing this
    thanku
    sowmya