October 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Active2010, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hi all.

Posting here after a very long time, hope all you gals are doing good.

My EDD got changed from 31st to 18th!! The LO's on the bigger side, weighs more than 3.2 kgs. So like Kanthi i also don't have much hopes of a normal delivery.

Also the fluid is increased and thus my overall weight has reached 75kgs :hide:

So far no signs of labor other than occasional cramping and discharge.

Hope everything goes well.

Good luck gals. May God be with you all.

2. anamica245

anamica245 New IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja

Congrats on the baby ...So its true baby boy arrives sooner :) Post ur birth story soon ...

Hi Godschild

On wat basis r the doctors deciding the due date ..am in ninth month and my doctor has nt recommended a scan ...like 1 week behind ur date ...Should we request the doctor for a scan ...I asked my doctor if the baby has turned ...She told me the baby will turn only when it is ready to deliver :( but i see lot of people updating their LO has moved down ...Any ideas people

3. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hi anamica.
    The doc suggested for a scan as she felt the baby was huge. She wanted to assess the weight. Based on the baby's growth my due date got changed. Even my baby hasn't moved down :-(
    lets hope for the best.

4. vm10

vm10 Senior IL'ite

Hey Cindhu, Congratulations!!!!! [​IMG] Do post your birth story when you get time.. what have you named the baby? [​IMG]

Wow, now everyone is really on the fast track! Hasnt it been an amazing journey so far for everyone...

So far its been good for me.. I went into PPD (Post Partum Depression) for 2 weeks after the baby's birth.. basically I was crying all the time! I was reacting badly to everything. Seems this is normal after delivery when there are a lot of hormonal changes as well as the mother needs to get adjusted to the baby, lack of sleep etc. Anyway it wore off after 2 weeks.

I am getting to know the baby better now. I can now predict from the way he cries whether he is hungry or plain angry :) .. He wakes by exactly around 1.30 AM daily for his feed and keeps sucking for 1 1/2 hrs and then it takes another 1 1/2 hrs to get him back to sleep :rotflAnd now he also recognizes the touch of ppl holding him.

Stay Healthy ladies.. just a couple of weeks at the maximum.

Cheerio,
    Vidya

5. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

Hi Preety,

Sorry to hear about your internal examination, I guessed internal examinations at this time would be uncomfortable but never thought it would be painful. Hope you don't need another one dear.

All the best Carnatica, hoping to hear the good news and the birth story soon. Thanks for the suggestion about leg cramps. I haven't had it after that day, so hopefully it will never come again.

Divya, best of luck to you too! Hope everyone has a less painful delivery.

Thanks for your kind words sweetheart. No leg cramps after that, so I hope it won't return. But I will definitely try these if they do come back. I'm packing my labor bag today, after that just have to wait for mom's arrival and ofcourse the LOs. Haven't had any major BH contractions so far, it just comes and goes for a few min that too some days only. Also colostrum has stopped leaking, I don't know if its ok or bad.

Haven't heard from Daisymom for a few weeks now. I hope Daisymom would be holding her baby in her arms just like Cindhu. She will pop in one day letting us all know about her good news. Hearty congratulations Cindhu!!! Hope you and your little boy are fine. Do let us know how everything went when you find time.

Kanthi and Godschild,

Don't worry girls and lets hope for the best for you and the baby. I wish you both will have normal deliveries, all the best.

6. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

Hi Anamica,

Initially doctors decide the due date based on your last menstrual period date and gestational age of the fetus, which can be found via an ultrasound. Don't worry if your doc hasn't asked for a scan, she knows the best for you. I had only 2 scans so far and I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. I declined the 7th month scan as I didn't want to expose my baby to ultrasound too much. And my midwife was absolutely ok with it. As far as everything is going good, you don't even need a scan. If the doctor feels she needs to check the baby's weight or for any other reason she might ask for a scan. Baby will turn head down anytime normally before 37 weeks but it might not drop down into the pelvis early. It can even happen just before delivery it seems. My baby is head down and I feel it has moved down a little but my midwife said it still needs to move down further and head is not fixed yet.

Yeah it has been amazing so far and I'm really glad I found a very nice bunch of friends here on Indusladies to share the different experiences of this wonderful journey. Sorry to hear about your PPD but good it went away in 2 weeks. It's great that you are understanding the baby's signals so early. Enjoy every moment with your LO.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2010
  7. PinksAndBlues

PinksAndBlues Senior IL'ite

Hi October Mommies
    I am from Feb2011 club and just dropped by to wish you all a happy , healthy and safe delivery. Good luck to all of you :cheers

Godschild, I saw your previous msg since it was first on the page. Please dont lose hopes for a normal delivery. My baby was 3.6 kgs when he was born yet my doctor kept on insisting till the end that I would have a normal delivery..and I definitely had one. So here's wishing you all the good luck , your due date is so near!! :thumbsup

8. rajiswork

rajiswork Senior IL'ite

hi cindhu congrats !!!:) happy mother hood.

and to all other oct moms , wish u all a safe and " painless" delivery.
    do keep updating with ur birth stories. here.

tc raji

9. SanPrasad

SanPrasad New IL'ite

Dear Friends

Happy News... I have delievered a Baby boy on Oct 2nd... his name is Akshay Prasad.. It's a normal delivery, but those are unforgettable experience will let u know my delivery story later....

All the best and wishes to the mommies waiting to see their Lo...

Congrats Cindhu... take care...

Take care

10. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hello Pinks&Blues,

Thanks for those comforting words. :)

Congrats dear!!! :cheers
    Hugs and kisses to lil Akshay... :kiss
    Take care and recover soon.