1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How to make my husband a good friend to me

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by priya1602, Oct 2, 2010.

1. priya1602

priya1602 New IL'ite

Hi indus ladies,
    I am new to married life and i want to be a good friend to my husband. i know it wont happen all of a sudden. Also we are living in joint family and sometimes i feel that i dont have privacy. How to manage this situation.Please help me out with your suggestion

2. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Think about it this way...

In school we were surrounded by so many other students (i.e. no privacy). Yet we were still able to make best friends with one or two special people.

Same way, it can be done in joint family too.

If you and dh spend time alone together outside the home, take that as an opportunity to build your friendship. I feel it is both the big and small life experiences that build a friendship, going through things together, sharing the happy times and sad. And those things only happen with time. Take every day as an opportunity to make happy memories, stand by your hubby, and show him that he can count on you. Slowly that will build a good bond between you two.

1 person likes this.
  3. deba19

deba19 New IL'ite

If your husband is accessible over the internet ie if he into chatting or mailing in his workplace, make use of it. Send him short and simple mesages through mails, write to him short romantic love letters and chat to him and make him long for u even when you r not around. But keep in mind do not expect too many long love mails back from him or don't complain if he doesn't always reply back to u or chat with u. That's coz most guys r not much into words( after marriage when it comes to wify and not gf), he may simply get closer to u emotionally & physically. Make him know the real you- ur emotions, feelings, dreams, fantasies etc and tell him more about u..things which cannot always be said but written.

1 person likes this.