March 2011 Due Date Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by Vandanaa, Jul 29, 2010.

1. shipps

shipps Junior IL'ite

Hey Deepa,

Congrats on ur pregnancy..
    Same here even for me nausea is less but even i sleep a lot..

Regards,
    Shilpa

2. Uma Shakthi

Uma Shakthi Senior IL'ite

3. apsbask

apsbask Junior IL'ite

Congrats to all March Mommies!!!

My due date is 27th of March and I am ten weeks pregnant now.

My nausea has reduced a great deal except when I brush my teeth, cook(I cannot stand the smell of something frying) and when my Dh lights incense sticks! My tiredness has come down compared to the previous weeks but I have absolutely no motivation to do anything. Dh got fed up of me cooking all this horrible dishes and throwing up everytime I cook something so nowadays he does 99% percent of the cooking. I thought that would reduce my tiredness but I was wrong because DH uses so many utensils to make one dish that I have to wash everthing twice before he even finishes cooking. I have to keep all the ingredients out, cut veggies, clean up all the mess he made and again clean the plates and utensils before going to bed!

I begged him to let me cook but now since he has started enjoying the joys of cooking he doen't stop and has started to come up with crazy combinations which actually taste great but plays a havoc on my digestion. By the end of the day I become so mad at him that I get palpitations and end up sleeping at 1 or 2 after it comes down. I know I am ranting and that it is a long post but it feels good to pour out my frustration somewhere. I feel bad that he works so much all day and comes home and cooks but at the same time I feel that if he just washes the dishes instead of cooking it would be much more helpful to me. He hates washing dishes :(

I have to ask...do all pregnant ladies feel so demotivated to just do something as simple as brush their teeth, eat breakfast, take bath? What do I do to make myself more interested to do all these things?

Kudos to all the moms who go to work when you are pregnant and all the housewives who clean the dishes and do the laundry regularly.

4. khushi123

khushi123 New IL'ite

Welcome APSBASK to March 2011 due date club. Wish you a safe, healthy and joyful 9 months of pregnancy and may you get alot of support during this time.

Its ok to rant and I can understand how you are feeling - tired, demotivated and lathargic all the time. But remember your body is working 24 hrs round the clock, nurturing and making the tiny little bubba inside you and this causes tiredness, fatigue, sleepiness and causes mood swings as well. First trimester is the hardest as your body mechanism gets doubled and takes all your energy.

Its good that your DH is helping you cook and if he wants to clean - let him clean the dishes as well. Regarding tiredness, I used to sleep for 12- 14 hrs a day and going to work was horrible for me... and travelling was making me tired as well and I wasn't able to stand the smell of cooking RICE / DAAL or any tadka...so my DH started helping me in cooking the dishes, i just used to sit in the chair and instruct him what to do, and we both used to help each other.... But my DH gave me time to sleep and was making breakfast as well. So tell your DH todo the dishes as well... esp any large utensils.

Don;t get demotivated, it will subside once first trimester is over and you will regain the energy and will rejuvinate again.
    Just enjoy the golden time of your life.
    If you want, you can get a maid to clean the dishes, washing clothes and cleaning home - it will help you alot.

Eat healthy like fresh fruits, juices and less spicy food. Plus don't eat junk food and oilyb food as oily food trigerrs nausea and morning sickness And take care of yourself and be happy. If you have more trouble, consult your doctor.
    . I am from Jan 2011 due date clubs, if you have any questions you can post here and we will clear your doubts
    cheers,
    khushi xxx

5. chitraraaj

chitraraaj Senior IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    My due date is March 7th. and its my second pregnancy.I wish all the moms a happy pregnancy journey.!! :)

Hi apsbask,

I feel the same as u feel. I too feel bad to brush teeth, take bath. Infact i will waste most of the time in thinking how i can get up from the sofa and have bath. Ths is happening everyday when i start to office.Me and my Dh are working in the same company.We travel by bike and no other option :spinFortunately my mom is here to help me. Before i used to help my mom but now a days am not doing anything.:hide: My Dh used to kid me that i always lying down when am in home. As soon as i return from office i will have oats water and wash my face and lay down. I feel myself guilty that am not at all doing any help to my mom.Dont know when i will recover.
    Why am saying this is i felt the same during my first pregnancy. So nothing to worry. we will alright as months passes away.

Your Dh helps you in cooking..Thats we should appreciate. One u can do.. u can instruct him to use less utensils,instead of using necessarily. Stay out of the smell that you dislike.Have lot of fluids (juice /water) and fruits. Add proteins in your diet. have sprouts if possible.if u r a non-vegetarian have eggs (possibly 3-4 per week)!! Enjoy dear.

Cheers,
    Chitra

6. Anug

Anug New IL'ite

Hi Im Anu,

Nice to know all March 2011 mommies. Im pregnant with second baby now, my due date is mar 25th. My first baby is 20 months old now. I never had vomititng with my first one, this time it is horrible. That too my sickness starts after NOOn. With toddler its very difficult for me to do every household chores. DH helps me, but cooking wise, he order food from outside..that makes me crazy, he spends too much on restaurants. Also when I about to vomit, Im having severe headache plus foot pain. My gosh, Im counting days to go to second trimster. Hopefully its gets slowdown eventually if I enter into 2nd trimster.
    Let me know ladies, your experience and how you are tackling things, esp if you have toddler at home.

Regards
    Anu

7. shipps

shipps Junior IL'ite

Hello all March 2011 mommies,

Hope everybody is doing gr888.
    Loads of wishes for all those who hd joined recently.
    Next week i hv Dr appointment n scan as i will be in 13th week.Got to know frm my friend that they usually measure BPD,HC,FL,AC and foetal body weight.
    I just know the abbrevations bt plz can anybody throw light on this like what would be the ideal measurements for all this and what are normal measurements.

Regards,
    Shilpa

8. BharathiRajesh

BharathiRajesh New IL'ite

Dear all,

Me too have my due date for second baby on March 5th. Do not know whether the baby will come in Feb. itself. Hv my next check -up next week end.

Wishes to all of you,

With Best Regards,

Bharathi.R

9. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

Dear All

Nice to see many ladies sailing in the same boat.
    my DD is march 8th 2011. and this is my 2nd pregnancy..first boy is 5 year old. First trimister was really hard and had bleeding one time and was on complete bed-rest for one month. joined work from last 2 weeks..and now I feel much better and energetic.

Pls keep posting more often and lets help each other in going thru this wonderful journey.

Jaishree

10. BharathiRajesh

BharathiRajesh New IL'ite

Dear all,

Me too feeling so tired travelling from Mylapore to Thoraipakkam.
    Coming by share auto only - no other way from Thiruvanmiyur or tidel park. 4 months completed and praying God to run on the balance months smoothly.

Cooking itself is a great task for me now. Continuously standing and cooking in the morning without eating anything makes me so tired. But joint family and no other way many days. What can we take in mornings by 6.30 or 7 am ? Can anybody suggest me?

I hv a child of 4 yrs and this is my second one.

Regards,

Bharathi.R