1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Can a HOUSEWIFE be inspiration/role model to others??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by abc00, Sep 25, 2010.

1. keshavkutts

keshavkutts Senior IL'ite

Wow.......the first word i thought after reading your post. Very inspirational. Although I have already started following some of your foot steps it sure made me feel a lot better after reading your post....you have expressed it so well.......sure you have made my day. Already Iam feeling rejuvenated :)

Once again thanks.........wish our IL'ites (especially H4) get a chance to read your post. :thumbsup

sindmani likes this.
  2. rpriya2004

rpriya2004 New IL'ite

Hi

wonderful inspirational thoughts

i loved to read it

i am a house wife, and i am proud of it

keep up the positive attitude

priya

sindmani likes this.
  3. priyaluvsbaby

priyaluvsbaby New IL'ite

defenitely yes !! My mom who is a housewife is such an inspiration to me...her dedication and spirituality have always made me think if will I ever get her qualities.......amazing !!

sindmani likes this.
  4. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Well said Preethi!!!:thumbsup We are happy to have you back:cheers.
    It is funny that people think going for vacations or going to India when we want etc means life is easy:rotfl.

ABC00,
    A very beautifully written thread. Great going:thumbsup

In my opinion, Yes - we can be inspirational. It is not like house wives sit at home all day in their pyjamas, watch TV, eat,sleep and nap or gossip. There is a lot to do in life to keep us busy. We just need to be in the right direction with positive vibes. I am a housewife right now and there's so much to do. I plan the vacations, maintain social communication,I take care of bills, I do the grocery shopping, I cook up a yummy meal for hubby,maintain the house and so much more - this keeps me so busy!!!
    Either working or not-working, we should be beautiful people who should have the capability to inspire others. Unfortunately, some ppl measure us based on our earning capacity/position and we can never sound inspirational to such people, well, but who cares:thumbsup ?

Keep the positive vibes coming...take care

sindmani likes this.
  5. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

Kamla,

The insulting/picking on goes either way. I have gone through severe insult episodes from the stay-at-homes(H4s) or the EAD beneficiaries . At one point I almost lost my self-confidence. There is nothing wrong in trying to achieve something- it can be as minor as getting a GC all by yourself as a primary applicant. Moreover I have no clue why they think all F1s resort to stupid unethical stuff just to pay tuition. Whatever we do we should be answerable to our conscience and All that matters is self-satisfaction.

However the humiliation I faced was always from the women - at least majority of the times. I don't know if they were/are jealous or some other reason. The H4s I have come across have no clue what their pros are and just spit venom whenever they come across F1s/H1s like me. However I have never degraded/insulted/abused/embarrassed or even compared with them on any aspect. Each lifestyle has it's own pros/cons.
    When I came across a couple of my DH's male friends who were temporarily on H4s/F1s..I noticed they get along pretty well with the other male friends who are working. I just got get it I thought woman were supposed to be more of a "live and let live" kind who don't care much about the social status, professional status etc of their counterparts and get along with everyone equally. I was proved wrong:bonk

6. coolphani

coolphani Bronze IL'ite

To me in my current situation at least "MY" ( notice I said my life- am not generalizing )Life is comparatively easy when I can go on a unlimited vacation and don't have to worry about the stampings , project lay-offs while on vacation, bills to be paid on your own etc. Again it's how you look at it and that's the price I pay for having and keeping a job. H4s can always say it's not as rosy as it looks etc etc. I don't deny that. I just gave my perspective and I never said "life is easy" for the H4s.
    Just a FYI: I do go on vacation once in two months for a week or 2 usually within the country.

Neha,
    Just to add: I plan all the vacations and share all the expenses with my DH, I cook almost everyday, I clean the Apt too,I take care of my own and look into our joint bills, manage my savings, volunteer in a local temple for which I have a fixed schedule and yes of course I do grocery shopping too on the weekends and since I don't have enough time on the weekdays we travel/party on the weekends with mutual friends ...It's not that working women just exclusively get in the pay checks and find an excuse to sit at home the rest of the time doing nothing. To me You sound so.No offense

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
  7. indhu_17

indhu_17 Senior IL'ite

Hi Dear,

Very Inspiring Post!!

Being a successful housewife is one of the toughest job in the world and glad to know that you have managed it well.

What is best is how u had the courage and determination to sort out your life and realise that "Our happiness lies within us". :thumbsup

Great way to go and Wish ya all the Best to Keep Rocking!!

Love,
    Indhu

8. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Coolphani,
    I understand your hurt but I also think you need to cooldown now and try to forget/ignore it as this will affect you for those who insulted you were inferior to you and to make-up for their inferiority have insulted you if you let it hurt you and go defensive then they seem to have won by hurting you and getting you to react. So just ignore them. There is a wise saying in kannada "Does dogs bark ever ruin Devaloka?"Do you ever respond to dogs bark and analyse why its barking? Apply this theory to their talk. I know how mean some women can be but try to forget yaar.

VJBunny

9. arabhi

arabhi New IL'ite

dear abc very well said.i am also a homemaker.am professionally qualified and was working till marriage.after marriage hubby whose mother was working was of the opinion that i should quit.firstly because of my irregular timings and secondly because he wanted to move from that city.he firmly believes kids need their mother at home.he says he was brought up by maids!!i am a person who is not overly ambitious.i am easily happy with what i have.so gave up the job without a thought.
    everyone known objected ,ridiculed etcetc.i think only person known to me who supported this decision was my hubby!!!this is a 14 yearold story and thanks to my wonderful hubby i have not regretted it for even a single moment.no my money your money , no asking what u r doing whole day why dont u do that or why dont u do this .frankly i feel if my husband had in anyway made me feel inefficient or useless i would have gone running for a job.so i feel it is each person's experience which makes her prefer either of the two options.
    anyways agreeing with abc 100%.

10. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

This is for your husband. :bowdown