Need Advice!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by life_voyage, Sep 19, 2010.

1. life_voyage

life_voyage Senior IL'ite

Hello All,

I'm now 4 weeks pregnant. I did a home pregnancy test and it came back positive. Though Im thrilled, Im concerned on when to see a doctor. My MIL and SIL say that I should visit the doc only after 6 weeks, but before I conceived since the past 3 months I have been iron deficient and have been taking supplements. I dont think i have recovered from it since im still experiencing deficiency symptoms. Now im concerned if this will affect my future baby-to-be.
    Should i go to the doc right now? or wait till im 6 weeks like my mil and sil says?

Also does anyone know good gynaec near secunderabad? Im new to this place. Plz help!

Thanx in advance,
    Tan

2. ashishu

ashishu New IL'ite

congrats dear on the good news.
    in my opinion since your already anaemic i would suggest you meet an ob/gny soon tell her that the test was positive and that you were/are anemic. she would giude you further.
    i meet my gyn before i started trying for a baby for a routine checkup, she put me on folic acid and iron supplements 3 months before i actually conceived.
    choose a friendly gyn as that is more import than a busy, overworked doctor.
    do meet the doc soon.
    congrats again.:)

3. priyapraveendvs

priyapraveendvs Bronze IL'ite

hi i do not know any gyneacs at secunderabad but, i can give you very good doctors at vidyanagar, almost shankarmatt.

top most experienced doctor HEGDE.she is well experienced doctor.works in andhra mahila hospital and even she have her own big very big hospital

2, manjula even she have good hospital she travels too.

3. lalitha saraswathi i forgot where she ewxcatly works

4. aruna.

she works in nims and ams hospital
    take care .

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear life-voyage
    Congrats, I dont know doctors at Secundrabad but I would like you to see this very good article for moms-tobe
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/im-pregnant/108552-pregnancy-lifetime-beautiful-journey-first.html

VjBunny

5. sabithag

sabithag Senior IL'ite

Hi,

i would suggest to see the doctor instead of waiting till 6 weeks. It's always good to visit the doctor immediately after knowing the good news.

thanks,
    sabitha.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2010
  6. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

hi lifevoyage,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy.
    I would suggest, just wait and watch till you turned 6+ weeks and then consult a gynic.
    In which area in sec'bad exactly you are looking for gynics??There are very good hospitals in and around secunderabad and hyderabad.
    Dr.Fernandez hospital in Abids,Rainbow hospitals in Banjara hills and Vikram puri, Swapna Nursing home in Begumpet,Narmada in Narmada nursing home they are well famous for handling critical pregnancies aswell.

7. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Sooner the better.Take Folic acid in the mean while.That has to be taken in the first 100 days of pregnancy.

8. life_voyage

Thanx a ton everyone! :)

@priya-mommy: Im put up near rail nilayam in sec. Which one is near and good as well? I m interested in a competent gynaec coz i'm a hiatus hernia patient.. my gastroenterologist thinks i might have a complicated pregnancy coz of this. Should i still wait till six weeks with the normal supplements? wont it affect the baby? i read in few articles that first 3 months baby needs more iron and folic acid than anything else and the last time i checked my iron stores were running veryyyy low. thats the main reason im this concerned.. sorry if im bothering you again, only im double checking just in case..

luv,
    Tan

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Tan,
    I think Vikram Puri rainbow is near to you. Putup an appointment after 6+ weeks and take proper medication. Be positive towards pregnancy and within few months your bundle of joy will be in your hands.

10. life_voyage

i checked this one out.. they said they have only paediatricians coming there... everythig related to pregnancy is taken care of only in banjara hills. :(