1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Etihaad airlines and pickles

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by skalluri, Sep 16, 2010.

1. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

After hearing devasting news of detaining Indian for carrying poppy seeds when travelling through Gulf country, I am now scared of getting pickles from India. Anybody brought the pickles travelling in Etihad airlines. Last time I even brought Millet(whole Ragi) in Air India, this time I am scared of bringing them in Etihaad.

any views on this?
    Sujatha.

2. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Hi Sujatha..

Never heard of this.. Can you please tell us what happened, so that we too can be cautious?

Thanks,

Indu..

3. skalluri

skalluri Gold IL'ite

4. desiprincess

desiprincess Senior IL'ite

This is not new news.. poppy seeds have always been banned in Gulf countries... I had traveled to Gulf countries a lot when I was young, about 20 yrs ago.. and it was a known fact not to bring Khas Khas.. back then the punishment was not soo severe though. Too bad people don't listen and follow the rules...

5. writeme

writeme Silver IL'ite

Oh.. but my ignorance!! i wasn't aware of this :-( I thought there wasn't any restrictions for gulf countries. I've seen people carrying lots of food to middle east, including cooked non-veg food.. Thanks Sujatha and desi princess for the info..