Ask here - The recipes you want from ChitVish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Priya Amarnath, Sep 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Yes, it is a good combination !

Any kalanda sadam will go well with raitha. So cook without rattling your head !
    Send lots of your goodwill through VJ - that is what i need from everyone of you ! Only that is making me a happy person !!
    Love & rgards,
    Chithra.

2. ARCHNA

ARCHNA New IL'ite

khaman dhokla

reciepe please !

3. Chitvish

Sorry Archna !

I am not able to find it ! I am sending a private message to Shakthi to direct you.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

4. SuBa

SuBa Senior IL'ite

A couple of questions!

Dear Mrs.C
    I have a few leftover seppankizhangu with me.If am correct it can used in sambhar or morkuzhambu right?Can you please tell me whether i have to pressure cook it first?How to use it?
    Secondly,i somehow missed your kara "red" chutney.That being my husband;s fave i want to defintely try it.Is this the same one they serve in hotels and kai endhi bavans?i saw bedagi chillies in the indian stores here.Since you have mentioned 15 nos am wondering if it will be really hot?

Love
    Suba.

5. Chitvish

Hello Suba !

Seppankizangu can be first cooked for just one whistle to make it partly soft. The cook it with any kuzambu.
    Bedagi 15 will be fine, not very hot. You can keep it in the fridge for more than a week - it matures well.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

6. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Manjal kumkumam

Dear Mrs Chithra,

Maybe this question should have been in spirituality. Can you teach us how to make manjal kumkumam at home? Both for archanai and for dabbing. We used to make it at home many years ago, just for the joy of it. Now it is all bought kumkumam all the way.

Thanks in advance
    love & regards
    Vidya

7. Chitvish

Vidya, please give me time !

My cousin Revathi Shankaran had given it in detail in Mangayar Malar about an year back. I am searching for it ! As soon as I get it, I shall post itin home-remadies.
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

meendum meendum nandrigal pala

Dear Chitvish,
    I am leaving for Trivandrum today and will be back on 12th. I made Corn oil mysorepak (am smitten by it) for giving to my cousin there. Today while I was making that, my hubby disturbed me and I took it off a little before time and again I got Sri Krishna Mysorepa. It is tasty, but I like the original version only. But I made it all right. Also I made Nellikkai pickle, got 100 marks for it from hubby. I also made masala kadalai (MW), was an instant hit. So taking off, after pleasing hubby,s tummy. Thank you for the wonderful recipes. My mother was also saying that she could not get the nellikai pickle right. I can pass over the 'perfect' recipe to her now. Also I am taking the thenkuzhal recipe.
    I shall visit the site from there also, very difficult to stay away even for a day.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

9. Chitvish

You said it right, Varloo !

It is now difficult to stay from I L even for a day !
    Thanks for all the feedbacks ! I saw your post in the MW thread also. So now you all have from me 3 recipes for our eternal favoutite mysorepak !You can choose your pick !
    I am very familiar with Trivandrum, since my mother comes from there. When you goto Pazavangadi Pillayar Kovil ,Anantha Padmanabhaswamy kovil & Thekkae theru Amman kovil, please think of me !
    Have a very good, enjoyable & safe trip !
    Love & regards,
    Chithra.

10. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Mrs C just one doubt

I saw your sweet vethakuzambu recipe just now,planning to make it tomorrow since everybody will be at home and have sweet potato. My question is this calls for C.M. Do you grind coconut and warm water and strain to get milk.Just let me know.

Thanks in advance,
    Love,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.