1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Did your DH/DW sweep you off your feet Today?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by mstrue, Apr 27, 2010.

1. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

This is THE HARDEST thing for any guy to do.
    I faint. Someone pls sprinkle the customary Goly-soda on my face!

[​IMG]

2. devotee

devotee Senior IL'ite

yes coolphani... we never fight over remote.. cool na...

Spiderman1, please wake up... :)

3. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Thanks C!! I like your userid so much. :)
    That is so sweet! :)

4. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Like as usual, I was doing something for my DH, very trivial in my mind.. but all of a sudden he said,
    "I think you will be the only wife doing this to her husband in the whole world!" :)

Obviously I was so happy.. yet I said,
    "How do you know? There might be some".
    read: Fishing for compliments. :biglaugh

He said, "May be. But to do it happily matters. That way you are the only one"

PS:
    If you think I accidentally missed what was that 'something'..
    feel free to ask me when I am back from cloud nine.

My answer would be: "No that was not an accident". :rotfl

5. contented

contented Senior IL'ite

Oh True,

Now you have me all curious. Please come down fast from cloud nine and share with us what you were doing for your DH... :)

6. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Oh sure thing, C! :) Will do as soon as I get down the ladder. :rotfl
    [​IMG]
    And many thanks for sharing my joy. :)

Last edited: Aug 15, 2010
  7. indianguy2010

indianguy2010 IL Hall of Fame

I request the more male members of this forum, to share their experiences in this context. Men, come on.......!

Let me share my own.

My wife is a great sweet lover. On one day, we (me , my son and she) were going out, with a list of things to do..............paanipuri eating (son), buying some stationaries for him, buy some urgent groceries and veg for the next day and so on. While we were going , she said, "There is a peculiar sweet made in Gujarat and Rajastan, on the beginning of Teej (Teej is a festival, celebrated in North India, welcoming the onset of monsoon, every year). That sweet looks like south Indian (we are basically Tamilians settled in Gujarat) aappam in look and tastes great. There is one shop in this road end, which is popular for that sweet. I will eat a piece of that sweet, at that shop "

After saying so, she was eagerly looking for that shop. But, when we reached there, there was too much of crowd and my son said, we are running late, Our son said, he has to finish his homework , so we have to reach home in time.

so, my wife chose to say, "it is okay, let us not go to sweet shop now. we will see it on some other day"

A few days passed away. Every one forgot it.

I was coming via that road , yesterday, afternoon, for some other work, alone. The other day's incident came to my mind.

I stopped my vehicle at the shop. Asked two pieces of that Teej festival sweet ( I do not know the name of it), by showing it in the showcase. Getting the parcel , I reached home.

Seeing the sweet packet, she was surprised. She opened and was doubly surprised to see her favourite sweet inside it, "how did you remember it ? even I have forgot it, after that day", she said.

I told, "your pleasure is a priority for me, because you are special to me always". Saying this I hugged her and kissed on her forehead.

It took, two full minutes for her, to release me from that hug. She left me, only after our son prompted us saying, "enough ! enough ! too much of pyaar (love) makes the home get inundated....! Stop ammaa !"

The sentence, she spoke, by looking into my eyes, after releasing the hug was, "It means a lot to a woman, xxxxx(my name)"

Guys, honestly, I never knew, how important these little surprises are to women for the first five years of our married life.

In year 2003, I read a similar incident from a mens' web site, www.askmen.com ( a men's discussion, website similar to indusladies.com). I read a thread there, where one wife, was earnestly explaining to all male members, to understand why and how such little acts of displays of love ,are so importnat to wives, to feel connected.

From then on, I have tried to do such things, whenever possible.( may not be frequently, but, surely whenever possible)

I repeat...............the male members of this forum, to come to this thread, and share something similar you did to your wives.............Come on, men....! This time, I want to hear from other men...!

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  8. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Nice one IndianGuy2010 - thats excellent :thumbsup
    BTW - I agree with your son on that statement however, he is right :) Just kidding :)

Last edited: Aug 16, 2010
  9. Divine84

Divine84 Junior IL'ite

I guess my Hubby learns from urs............this is his kinda dialogue when i worry/fuss over the billion things which dont actually need fussing over.......... :)

This is a lovely lovely thread......... :)

Makes me miss my hubby even more :(

10. SupSam

SupSam Senior IL'ite

Hi again,

DH is not as such an expressive man but yes a li'll more romantic for me...lolz... Yesterday night...for the first time in 10 years, DH, who's very lazy at expressing other than hugging or singing a few words at times, he is not at all those love cards kind of man...yesterday for the first time, at 11.30 - 12- 1 at night, he mailed me complete songs which I read in my inbox today in office and I was dumbstruck and surprised and felt like a newly wed !!!

The songs where-

chalo...tumko leke chale hum un fizaon mei...jaha meetha nasha hai taaron ki chhanv mei....

aur aahista kijiye baatein..dhdkane koi sun raha hoga...raaz ki saari baat sun lege...

tu bin bataye mujhe le chal kahin...jaha tu le jae meri manzil wahin....

They were complete songs..GHOSH!!! I asked him what..happened to you...All he said I was so happy to have been in our own house after so much struggle and with you in my arms !! His words sweeped me off my feet.

PS - we have just shifted to our own house 15 days back.

Supriya.