Shopping places - Chennai

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by ushasriram, Sep 1, 2009.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Try Mochi in P.bazaar for footwears..Bit expensive but worth the cost..One more branch is in City centre..If you go to City centre guess you can combine more hopping ideas..Like jeans, kurtis etc since Lifestyle is there ..Happy shopping :thumbsup

2. pallavi_dev

pallavi_dev New IL'ite

There is a shop in Alwarpet named Kobbler you will get very good footwear interms of both quality and designs. If you are looking for cheaper ones you can try Bollywood shoes in Cisons complex in Egmore.

For western clothes I would suggest Lifestyle or Globus.

Good luck with your shopping:)

3. Classy

Classy New IL'ite

Shopping guide for Chennai - short visit

Hi,
    Am visiting chennai for a month from US. I will be having around 2 weeks only for shopping and hence would like to get some suggestions on which are the good places for buying good dresses, fancy jewellery, gold jewellery. I live close to Anna nagar and am wondering if I need to go all the way to T Nagar or can get things around anna nagar too. I am looking for high end good ones since I may not visit for another few years. Here are what am looking for

Boutiques for designer kind of dresses, sarees.
    Good tailors
    Gold and diamond jewellery
    childress dress - designer or ready made.

Please suggest any good boutiques that you are aware of or have tried. Is RMKV the choice for sarees? Thanks.

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Re: Shopping guide for Chennai - short visit

Hi,
    There are many shops in Anna Nagar where you can shop for designer sarees, Divais one of them. ANd there is Nalli and Rasi for silk saree shopping. I have bought some good sarees from Rasi, you get all varieties there. There is a good tailor for blouse at the Chintamani. The shop name is Sarada Textiles and it is location is - while you go from Anna Nagar Rountana, go straight at the Chintamani signal. Take the first right and the shop is there on the left. The tailot there stitches blouses well and as per our instructions. They take around 20 days to deliver, please request them to give early because you have not much time.
    There is a tailor at the Blue Star, Shringar, who does a good job with salwar also. Even Sarada people stitich salwar. There is a boutique on the road adjustant to the Saravana Bhavan Hotel.
    Even Rasi has costume jewellery, may ba a bit costly. Or else, I can give you the number of a person who is dealing in costume jewellery. You can ask her to bring the lot home and buy too.

5. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Though lot many shopping areas are there in and around chennai..the experience we get in T.nagar is worth it..so try to make a trip there too if time permits

"Boutiques for designer kind of dresses, sarees." - As varloo said Diva is good in collections but the quality isnt that worth..so dont spend much. There are many boutiques in shanti colony like varanalyam and stuff all are awesome.likewise Waves in shanthi colony is too good for ready-mades(sawlars,tops and kurtis)

Purasaiwalkam is very near to annanagar - you can check "Kay" opposite to tank pillayar temple for desinger wear..excellent place....also give a try in varsidhi

"Gold and diamond jewellery" - GRT and Tanishq are the best in town. Your luck GRT has opened a new branch in purasaiwalkam near abirami mega mall....shop there else go to main building in T.nagar.

tanishq has a new branch near RMKV..fantastic collectiosn but the making charges are high

For diamonds tanishq,bapalal(cathedral road) and Kirtilal(cp.ramasamy road-alwapet) are the best..GRT is good but teh above three has good quality

"RMKV" is a good place fo sarees..but nalli and kumaran are the top 2 ..quality is great in those too ..RMKV has all latest and trendy collections

6. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

For kids you can SKC-- they have a branch in purasaiwalkam(opposite to Textile india)and T.nagar(near RMKV/panagal park)

Textile india purasaiwalkam too is a good place...

If you go to T.nagar chjeck RMKV and Pothys for kids dresses

7. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

C,

Dheivamae:bowdown:bowdown:bowdownThanks a million:thumbsup

8. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Why RG :roll:

9. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Collection of useful info in place.:thumbsup

10. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Oh OK..ungalukku theriyadhadha(you are used to them yar)