1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Confused and upset with my hubby's behavior

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Nitz, Jul 29, 2010.

1. Nitz

Nitz New IL'ite

Hi Friends
    Im new to IL, i happened to read the posts her and thought share my situation to get some encouragement form you all. First of all pls bear with me for the long post im gonna write, coz i wanted to express my feelings from the beginning.

Mine was a love marriage, we were courting for nearly 5 years and then got married, though we were from the same community and caste and same religion we had little mis understandings with the money matters but all ended up well. But my parents were still not very happy with it. They left me with a heavy heart in my new place and left.

Th every next day of our wedding i was down with viral fever, i was so pathetic that couldn't get up from bed, my hubby was next to me and took good care of me. My parents toto he could be good.

During our courting days we used to fight a lot, but i was so much in love with him that everytime we fight i go and speak to him, asking sorry, even though it wasn't my fault. i Never felt that ego in me. He used t get angry for so many petty things like not pickign up the call, Going ot sleep early in the night, not ocming ot meet him, not messaging, and so many things, but i felt it he was quite possessive of me, and rather felt happy abt it, without knowing i was in an abusive reltionship(realizing only now :-( with tears)

He even got me a post paid connection and i wasn't exposed to using one before i made calls and the bill shooted up high, for which i was abused to the core. I then made sure i reduced the calls. Then only i realized he was very particular abt money.

After our wedding, i had little tift with in-laws, not much but very little, but i couldn't realize they were insulting, but did what all they said, but later onl i realized they were insulting me. BUt i tot ok let me leave it as they are his parents, i may change them with my love. And that was very true they changed a lot nw, they are too good to me. I have sis-in-law, such darlign she is, married and very pious, we share a very nice bond.

My father never allowed us to do any outside work, eveyrthign he took care, afetr wedding holding resposnsibiities was too much for me, but i started to learn it slowly.

Once i found a sms on his mobile from his colleague who is the HR, it was little personal, i don't remember now, but was angry i asked him, he said you have no rights to monitor me. He humiliates me sayignm your mind is filthy that's why u have these thoughts. I convinced myself and was moving on.

Then i conceived and We moved ot a rent house close by to our offices and my parents house. That place was my nightmare. Pregnant and bearing my hubby's tantrums. He used to get all messages from that girl and he even messages her thouhg they are official, mostly regarding salry hikes..blah blah, why shld she message even when at home, can't they speak those things in office.

One day when he was not at home i tot woud spy him, i opened his mail, it was left open so i had a look, he had been sending mails to one of his colleagues apart from that girl, saying give ur chat id, we shall over phone all those stuff, i was really upset, i was 6months then, i was quite fearig he would hit me.

The one day i got so upset and started shouting, for which he hit, it was a shock for me, i was totally shttered. That night when i came back from office i was so upset nd unknowingly i fainted down and hit my tummy, it was painful and i became totally unconcious. my hus ahd returned home and was knocking and ringing the bell bt i didn't open, i lying down, he was worried andd was abt to break teh door, later i could hear some one shouting, i couldn't get up either, wit h so much pain i tot will open, i opened th altch and immediately fell down, luckily he held me, he was so shocked to c me this way and immediately called my parents, i was panting for breathe, tears rolling down my cheeks, i could see tears in his eyes too. He said it was i whom he loved and she was his frd who helped him and nothign more than that. and i believed him.

AFter baby we movd to a new house we bought. I have one problem i keep forgetting things very soon. Especially our house loan, the tax, bill amt and get confused, so for eveything i use dot get nicely fromhim. he used ot take good care of me an dmy daughter, but when he gets angry he is liek a monster, he hits so hard and it is so painful. I tried to stop him, but all in vain. one day i got so angry that i shouted tellin i owuld call teh police if he does this. he became all teh more angry. it was on my mind to call teh police, but was scared if they would arrest him, we know about our chennai police na.

EVEry time he used ot say im good for nothing, useless. And he married me wihtout knowing all this, and im only interested in monitoring him, he says show all this monitiring work in other things. why only looking if im with other girls or not.

We just now moved ot US. He did all this for us, coz i said i love to visit abroad. And now im here typing this post. The very next day our landing here, i found one mail from his sent items, (his mail box was opened) I saw one mail he has clicked some pics of that girl i said (the HR girl) in his car, she is sittingin teh seat next to the drivers seat. He has sent it to her with the title "my sweethearts photos" this was in 2006, (but we were in love with eachother then - we were engaged then.) i was so broken again, i called up him immeidately and shouted at him, i shouldve atleast waited form himt o ocme hoem and shout. so this aggravated our prob, he got back home and hit me, he siad the first day in office u do this to me, u ungrateful creature. he says he wrote it just as addressing a frd, do we address a frd as sweet heart, he has never addressed me that way still now. I wasn't convinced, but have to act as if to believe him. If i were in chennai i culd atleats leave the house and be with my parents for soemtime.

i even saw one mail a conversation with a school girl to have sex in the car, the name was liek sujjaina jain, i was so shocked, but i could see it was not his style of writing, but yet too i was not happy, i scolded him, but he said it wasn't him and his frds were using his id for this. Then one day i sw in his google search bar abt "****ing a school girl"
    "are school girls interested in 31 plus male" i was confirmed it must be him and fought with him, he got evenmore angry, hit me badly, hurt my jaws, he says, u have no other work monitoring me, u ungrateful creature i brough tu to US, spent so much for u and kid, and u say these things to me, he said he was just seeing how can his frd do tis and was browsing if it was really true that 31 year olds can be interested in school girls.

I have to act as if i believd him, i feel like running to India, feel so cheated with him. but how can i, we came just now, What will happen if everyone comes to know we have problems here.

Long time back, my mom-in-law once told me that in his bills after speakign to me in the nights there was another number after my calls, she asked me if i had another number, when i saw that, it was the same HR girl. I asked him, he said he was speakign to her to discuss abt hikes, salary same blah blah.

but does anyone keep speakign abt the same things every day??!!

We don't have any intimate togetehrness with eachother, i don't liek to also. I feel cannot trust him, and don't liek ihm touching me too.

H says u use your brain to spy me, why don't you use it for else other things to help me arrange the insurance, the tv connection, telephone, to buy furniture. He says u don't do anything for me.

So now im learning everything slowly, with 2year old daughter now, and new place im in the slow learnign phase, i don;t want to be insulted liek this anymore. Im a MSc graduate i was working in chennai, resigned job before ocming here. I was so talented in painting, crafting, cooking, designing. All his talks pulls down my confidence. i want to regain them all.

Im so ocnfused , should i trust him or not? is he really attarcted towards girls? will he be true to me forever? does he really love me?

I love him a lot, but i feel cheated and abused.
    He does so many thigns for me and my kid, but when he gets angry he is a monster, he beats me to the core.

shoudl i not ask anythign abt these grils things to him?? have i not got any rights?
    i someitmes feel like commiting suicide, but my daughter is there, how can i leave her.
    i feel if i die also, he will marry again and lead his life. who knows.
    That HR girl is now in india, she is married now, guess she doesn't talk to him now.

I feel so upset, lack of confidence, hate myself, i feel i lack so many things, depressed to the core, i want to prove to him im not a good for nothing girl, i too have potentials, but i don't know how to go abt it.
    First i need to apply for Ead and find job, learn to drive a car.

I only keep praying, i at times get so angry with God, for leaving me this way.

Please help me to get out of this mess,

Thanks for your patience to read this post.

Love
    Nitz

2. ram85

ram85 Junior IL'ite

Nitz, It seems you are in confusion whether your husband really loves you or having affairs. You need to pacify yourself first and rather than having heavy discussion with him, try to discuss the issue and clear it off. Ofcourse, what he is doing is also to some extent not correct (like beating, abusing, etc). Dont get panic or dont think abt suicide etc. It seems, he is okay except abt the affairs (need to be proven). You also, make yourself clear and be bold and help him in daily activities. So that he too will understand your confidence level and talent. Then hopefully he might behave in positive manner.
    Never and ever think about suicide stuff. Only timid people, who cannot fight in their life will think in that way. Fight for your life in a positive side. But do not give up or raise arguments.
    Have faith on god and try to make yourself confident enough to face any situation and try to keep your married life happy.
    Hope my words make sense. If not, Sorry.
    Hope you feel better.
    Om Sai ram.

3. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

You are still confused if your husband is right or wrong. In that case, why don't you hire someone officially and spy him? Get some solid proofs if he is at fault.

And NO NO to physical abuse. It will have a very bad effect on your daughter too.

If hes not really at fault, then you are on the right path. Keep working towards your goal. Become something and gain your self-respect and confidence.

4. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Nitz

First of all I am baffled with the kind of things you wrote and inspite of all that you keep consoling yourself stating he did all this for you and the kid, he loves you guys, he takes care of you, he had tears in his eyes...

So for a while can we look at from other angle???

This stuff that he is doing..i.e controlling you, beating you, beating you inspite of you being pregnant (which is the most hidious thing any man can do), having talks with girls and giving some excuses, why would his friend use his id and put it on his name?? do you think any man would say yes to all this (am sure our male members would confirm this...)No one would say yes, if someone asks let me use your id to send sexual messgs to another girl...If your husband had let someone else use it why is he still accessing those mails??

Seems like your husband is a big time abuser and Liar. He might be into some emotional affair with this lady (because if a married man keeps photos of another girl other than his wife/mom/sis/daughter its sure something to doubt about...)

So STOP givign reasons that your dad did everything for you before marriage, you never stepped out of the house...so what does that say?? that you are incapable of living your own life?? that you are still a daddys girl??? now you are a mom so GROWUP.

Also whatever the reason is your husband came to US, I dont see any thing that shows that you wanted to come abroad so he came...if he had no chance of coming here, still would he be interested to come with his own money??? like for a vacation??Even if it happens, just a question..IF a man beats you up black and blue and ensures he fulfills all your wishes..can we really call it as LOVE?? is it LOVE? I just hate to use that word LOVE...because in the name of LOVE what allnonsense is happening you can read your post for yourself.

GIVE HIM A STRONG WARNING. CALL 911 next time..Let him face hte repercussions. Also callup your inlaws as you said they are in good talking terms, tell them that their son is having some talks iwth other girls and he says its office work , but you saw photos of that girl in his computer and you dont like all this and that when you took up the issue with him, he started beating you etc...See whats their reaction , if they tell you to adjust etc, keep quiet and see how things go...might be they would tell their son at the background to watch out what he is doing...If things still dont come back on track, give him a warning once if he beats you stating, you kept quiet all this while, but next time he beats you , you will call 911 and that you wont take all this anymore..and that you are not warning him this is goign to be final decision and that you would go back to India and your husband would be locked up here. Seehow he reacts..if he still beats you up, call 911. Yes seems like he missed the chennai cops, so he would get the right treatment from CA cops.

The more you take this you would end up like a punching bag..nothing more than that..If you keep saying what will others think, it wont help, what if tomorrow something happens to you??? woudl those others take care of your kid?? will your husband be ready to take care of your kid all by himself? am sure he would plan to get remarried and your kid would go through nonsense with a step mom. So why make your kid suffer in all this?? Toughen up STOP giving excuses and STOP finding reasons to avoid taking action. Its going to be very scary the moment you stand up against all this...as standing up is new to you..but the moment you stand up and the nonsense around you stops..you would find lot of confidence to move forward in your life. the decision is yours...

Also please read many such experiences shared by our friends here on this forum http://www.indusladies.com/forums/life-without-spouse/ might be you would know how things start exactly like what you have experienced..and where they end up...i.e 10 yrs , 20 yrs still same treatment no change..and by that time you would be feeling weak, physically and mentally and lost all self confidence so you cant even step out and start a new life...so think about whats going on! Dont know sometimes I dont understand what is the use of getting educated, we rather be uneducated like in olden days and do nothing..rather than being educated, working, financially independant and still take crap and beatings from men :( really sad to hear how women make excuses to just stay married (doesnt matter whatever is the fear).

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  5. ram85

ram85 Junior IL'ite

As SriVidya Said,
    1. No Male person will allow other friends to use his id especially for sex talks.
    That too, if he reallly dont know that his friends used his id, he could have deleted them long back. But he did not. So, here we can doubt him.
    2. You were telling LOVE. Srividya's argument or statement is perfectly correct.
    No person ever treat his wife (like beating ) who is giving birth to his child. If he really loves you, he could never do that.
    3. You need to find reasons to take any action. As a girl, its no where written that you need to face all the atrocities created by a man (in this case, your husband).
    First approach your in-laws ..(i dont think it will work, since if he know this, he will beat you again).
    Call 911 and take some action against him
    These kind of guys need to be treated well, then only they will change.
    If he dont change, you have to be brave enough to take care of yourself.

Think carefully and take a proper decision.

Om Sairam

6. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

The straight answer to your question is no, he does not love you. He may love his idea of his love for you, that’s about it. No fundamentally decent chap would beat his wife – not even once. It’s simply not done. You must learn to face this. To say “oh, he beat me five times in June, but only three times this month, so things must be improving …” is to be blind to the truth about his nature. The guy’s a fraud. Look at it this way. How often does he lose his temper and get angry with his boss or his clients? Never, right? Why not? Because even if his boss were to treat him shabbily, your not very dear husband knows that trying to attack his boss would not be a smart career move. After all, the statement “punched boss and single-handedly destroyed Bank of America account for Wipro” is not exactly a resume builder, is it? So, even when he feels ticked off at his boss, there’s a circuit in his brain that keeps him aware of the consequences. That same circuit needs to kick-in in his interactions with you, no matter how many times you forget to pay the electricity bill or whatever. It does not kick-in because he values you less. It's irrelevant whether he is willing to admit it or not. You need to face this and face it now. You must judge him by his actions not his words.

I understand that you have lived a very sheltered life - nothing wrong with that. Now, that needs to change. The US is a great place to learn to be independent and reinvent yourself. You said that you gave up the idea of doing yourself in because you have a two year old daughter. Now extend that thought and your horizons a bit more – you need to be strong, you need to be confident, you need to be independent, you need to grow in every way imaginable because you have two year old daughter. Most of all, you need to get out – now, before he has a chance to really hurt you.

Love often makes us more vulnerable, not less. It can be sustained only if we are held gently by those whom we love. Otherwise someone you love can still be very bad for you.

7. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Nitz,

Your story is horrifying. I really fear for you and your daughter. Your husband sounds like an absolute monster. And you sound like a very sweet woman with a lot of love and forgiveness in you.

Women like you deserve so much better than men like him. Girls like your daughter deserve a better father. He should feel lucky to have you. Instead he does all this to you.

Please call 911 next time. Or better yet, leave this loser and go back to your parents place. How can you work on the marriage even, when every day with him is a risk to your life?

Please think about it. For you and your daughter's sake. A BIG HUG TO BOTH OF YOU. Will pray for your safety.

8. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Nitz, the more I read your story the more I am convinced that he brought you to US so that he has a better access to 'girls'. I really don't think its love which has made him bring you and your daughter. Like others suggested, you should call 911 immediately next time he lays a finger on you aggressively.

See Nitz, right now you daughter is only 2 but she knows the tension in home. Kids get affected very deeply seeing your husband hitting you. She will have life long impact on her future relationships.
    You and your daughter deserve better. Talk about this to your parents and most importantly HIS parents. See what they say. I am fairly sure that they would send flight tickets to get you back.

Edit: I see you are in Sunnyvale. Here is the link for support groups in Sunnyvale for battered women.

Moderators, Please, I know its against the policy to post external links but Nitz really needs this because of the domestic violence she is into with a 2 year old daughter.

http://www.supportnetwork.org/.

They are in Sunnyvale. This helps women and families suffering domestic violence by providing a residential shelter, counseling, legal advocacy and other critical services at no or very little cost. Their number is 1.800.572.2782 (toll free). Don't copy the number but make sure you remember it in your heart. They work 24/7. I am giving this information for you just in case you chicken out in calling 911, you can contact them and talk to them about your issue. If your parents are sending a ticket for you to return home, you can take shelter here until help arrives. Its completely confidential.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  9. ram85

ram85 Junior IL'ite

Nitz,
    I think Rakhii's suggestion is good. Think carefully and make a good step. It will be good for your daughter's future also.
    Om Sairam

10. Nitz

Nitz New IL'ite

Dear friends, Thanks so much for your timely suggestions. I was so happy that you all considered my prob and gave suggestions.

As you all have said, to take the first step, i spoke to my paents -i-law this morning. My m-i-l is a very bold person and very practical too. She asked me not to panic first and take care of my daughter. so that she is not influenced by this. SHe said, my hubby wasn't this aggressive before, and used to be a very family loving person, and ws puzzled, she said to be patient and not develop any quarrel, when he is in a good mood, asked me to open up with ths issue, but not to fight, but to know what is in his mind. And ask him to speak practical and the truth. She again and again insisted not to be angry and show it on him, but try to find out the things in a more polite way. But i haven't doen this with him before, i used to only fight, was it becos of that he gets even more provoked.
    She said, no man has the rights to hit his wife,. She assured me that things will get staright and asked me not to come to any conclusion. she said if he tries to hit me, tell him that you'll call his parents and my parents and inform them. MAybe he would subside, if not try to take the phone and threaten you'll call 911.

Thye said they will try to join us here within a couple of months, so that they can see evrything whats happening and speak to him personally.

She told me this thing, that my hubby fought with them to get married to me. They had chosen another girl, but he said that he loved me so dearly and cannot leave me like that, she believes me so much and i shouldn't break her trust and im sole responsible for it. she felt so upset of this issue happening, and asked me why i didn't inform her before abt this, they could have solved everything in india before leaving to US.

I felt so emotional, was this my hubby, why did he change this way.hy should he hide s many things to me and why these chats with other girls?

SO i have decided to talk to him this evening, when he is back form off.
    I was prayign so much, to give me the courage.

I want to clear this up.

Thanks to one and all once again. will keep you all updated.

Feeling ok today.

Love
    Nitz