1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Healing power of Prayer!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by anukarsha, Jul 22, 2010.

1. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Hi Friends!
    In my family, we are all very fond of reading. Wherever we go, we mostly end up shopping books of different cultures, topics n all. So once I got this book titled-“The Prayer of the Frog”. The title was a bit off beat, so I decided to go for it. And believe me friends, it turned out to be a great book, a great guide. Yesterday, while reading it again, I came across an incident which I would love to share with you all.
    There were Jews of a small town waiting for their spiritual guru to arrive. They all had many questions in their minds to be asked to him. They were waiting anxiously for the guru as this was quite a rare event for them. And finally Guru arrived. He was quite calm and kept smiling all the time. He could feel the tension among the devotees. He didn’t utter a word. He just looked through their eyes; started humming something nice. They all started humming with him. He sang, they too joined him, he danced, and they too did the same. They were all engrossed in it so much that they forgot about the questions, they had prepared for him. They were all so involved, so absorbed in it as if they were all one, mingled with the supreme power. This dance went on for almost an hour or so. It drained all that tension and their inner being was also in utter peace. Then the Guru spoke with a deep voice-“I trust I’ve answered all your questions!”
    This reminds me of another incident. Those who’ve watched Hindi film-“Jodha-Akbar” would get it right friends. There was a Sufi song played after Jodha Bai and Emperor Akbar get married. How every culture has some ritual or the other after the wedding takes place in our household, Akbar arranged for a Sufi evening. The Sufi singers sing songs that are close to their God. Akbar was quite a spiritual person. He gets so involved in it that by the end of it, he just gets up from his place and starts dancing with those singers. He looks awesome, so much into his God’s land that it fills us with a great feeling of oneness with God.
    Such is the power of Prayers my dear friends that you really forget, who you are, where you come from. You just get drenched in it.
    Regs J

2. monifa13

monifa13 Bronze IL'ite

I fully agree with you anukarsha, I have felt this many times...

3. LLavanya

LLavanya Gold IL'ite

Cute story and Thanks for sharing.

4. shalinimehak

shalinimehak New IL'ite

beautiful thought and we all believe in it

5. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear monifa for your feedback.cheers-anu:)

6. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear lavanya for your reply.cheers-anu:)

7. anukarsha

anukarsha Gold IL'ite

Thanks dear shalini for your feedback.cheers-anu:)

8. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Hi

Honestly this is true, forget ourselves and involve in

9. luckybychance

luckybychance Senior IL'ite

very nice thought. i liked it

10. ganges

ganges Gold IL'ite

Dear Anukarsha,

I too agree with you. There is nothing to mach with prayers. It makes you light, calm and purify. With such state of mind you can achieve anything. No wonder any part of world any caste , religion and any god, this prayer is the common one. It definitely is having the healing power.

ganges