1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

how to quit smoking?any remedy?

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by keerthinathan24, Mar 17, 2010.

1. keerthinathan24

keerthinathan24 Bronze IL'ite

hai friends....

iam feeling a lot for this.., cant share with my parents also.. my hubby is a perfect gentle man.. but the pblm is ,he got addicted to smoking since 6 to 7 years...(daily atleast 7 cigars to my knowledge) iam more worried about his health now... no pblm right now ,,, but still can u guys pls share here any remedy to make him forget smoking?...

even i heard about electronic cigar can somehow helpout.. is it available in dubai market?... pls suggest.....

-ur krithi

2. nmtkar123

nmtkar123 Senior IL'ite

hi Krithi
    my hubby decided to quit smoking few months ago due to the growing expense and health concern. he has started using e-ciggarette which is now avail in the USA i dont know if its avail where u r. check it out online. it uses a plastic real looking cigarette so the quitter
    can still get the satisfaction of holding one in his hand and to his mouth and it uses water vapor instead of nicotine smoke. it has battery in it and has a filter, comes with a bottle of nicotine with diff strengths and u use a couple of drops in the e cig and still smoke without the harmful stuff and ecpense and u can slowly reduce the strength let me know how it works out

3. keerthinathan24

keerthinathan24 Bronze IL'ite

hai ...

i heard about this ecigar.. but on hearing ur words,iam quite satisfied and getting confidence.. let me try out this.... first of all let me check out its availability in dubai.. thanks dear.. i will keep in touch with u after getting it...

-krithi

4. Arunadhri

Arunadhri Bronze IL'ite

I used to smoke 200/day.
    I quit cold turkey 43 years back and never smoked again.
    The only workable way to quit smoking is to quit. Period.
    Only yesterday I got an email from an American Medical Journal that the USFDA has just issued a warning against the use of the electronic cigarette. It seems that it is not as innocent as it is touted to be.

5. nmtkar123

nmtkar123 Senior IL'ite

hi krithi
    u can check out this site signaturevapor.com based in usa and see if it helps

6. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

In USA the people I know have used the nicotine patch.

7. nmtkar123

nmtkar123 Senior IL'ite

ya there r lot of methods available here if one is willing to quit

8. froggremlin

froggremlin New IL'ite

Hi,
    My friend have been smoking for 12 years. As of today this will be 16 days without a cigarette. People only quit when they are ready. No amount of logic will cause a person to quit. As of right now I am angry with my parents, society, our government for treating smokers like third class citizens, and myself for being hooked. Wearing the patch and chewing a lot of gum is helping .

9. brunocharles

brunocharles New IL'ite

I tried to quit smoking by any means known. The latter worked for me was the book. The easiest way to quit smoking by Allen Carr. Anyway, I had no withdrawals, and carried it, believe it or not, no desire on my part. This man saved my life.