Where can I find these items in Chennai?

Discussion in 'Shopping & Restaurants' started by Vidya24, Nov 10, 2005.

1. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Lots of thanks to vandhana & varloo..

Hey guys,

Have decided my mind to do shopping this time only in Naidu hall. Thanks for yr suggestions..

Rgds

2. AGR

AGR Bronze IL'ite

Re:Shree Krishna Collections

Hi

If its not too late..........u can check out in the Shree Krishna Collections, which is just behind Panangal Park...........the collections are damn good and the prices are also affordable.........its a new store.opened on the same day as that of Saravana Stores.........you can have variety and quality..............if possible check it out...............

3. nirupama

nirupama New IL'ite

Handicraft items show @ Poompuhar

Hi Ladies,

Going through this thread quickly, I understand some of you like Ami & Vidya24 are in look out for handicraft items.

If you guys have someone in Chennai, you can ask them to visit Poompuhar. There is this handicraft items show going on since Tamil New Year's day till April 23rd. Sorry, I was not able to give this info. earlier, just got to the site today and thought of posting this info.

More details about the handicraft items show check this link...

http://www.hindu.com/2006/04/16/stories/2006041614740200.htm

Hope this info. is of some help to some of you here!

Niru

4. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks Nirupama & AGR..

Hi friends,

One more favor-where can I find onam collection (paavadai)for small girls(ven pattu color with golden zari) in Chennai? Last time, found some in virugambakkam small shops, but, now, dont even remember the name.

It will be of great help if you know from Vadapalani or virugambakkam or from T.nagar shops like naidu hall etc.

Rgds.

5. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ami

I saw yr post looking for dresses for yr 3 yr old. Did u check out the Cinderella and Snow White pavadais from RmKV? They are beautiful.

When u get the name of the shop that sells Kerala style pavadais, pls let me also know. They are awfully expensive in kerala and I need to buy two.

Happy shopping!
    V

6. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Thanks for yr reply..

Hi vidya,

During last Diwali, saw the craze for snow white paavadais and my hub felt that it does not look very rich at all for the price and hence, did not bother to buy.

If you are familiar with virugambakkam market, then, on the same road, keep walking. Before Chinmaya nagar or sai nagar ends, found those shops which is very small..Can u tell me when the onam festival is or is it already done?

Will ask my folks and let you know the shops name, if they know..meanwhile, hoping to get some answers from here too..

Rgds.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Onam is only coming

Dear Ami,
    Onam is celebrated in Aug-Sep only.
    With warm wishes,
    Varloo

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Kachapparam

Dear Vidhya,
    I send you a pvt message on Kachapparam making. Did you get it?
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

9. Vidya24

Vidya24 Gold IL'ite

Hi Ami,

Onam is on Sept 5, 2006. It is also Hayagreevar Avatra Dinam. Mrs CV has posted the sweet Hayagreeva which is one of the naivedyams on that day.

Thanks for info on Kerala style pavadais. Just last month, my husband tried to buy them in Kerala in the famous Karalkada shop. They are so frightfully expensive in Kerala.

I'll be sure to try the shops u have mentioned in Chennai.

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

All "SWINGERS", please note

An exhibition is being organised at the C P Art centre, Eldams Road, Alwarpet from April 28th to May 1st. It is of antique furniture. You can get swings, pooja mandapams, artistic beams and coloumns bsides many other things. Aadhi Arts, 571, Anna Saalai near Congress Building, Teynampet is organising the exhibition. You can try at the showroom also, if not able to go to the show. I hope you get what you dreamt of.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo