1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Oops

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Jul 1, 2010.

1. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena
    Thanks for this wonderful post you have encouraged all the ladies here to speak less when something goes wrong:biglaugh:biglaugh
    Instead on explaing around why it happened or why did your forget just say Ooops...hahahaha

I pity those old writers who use spend hours together to put in or discover a new words to be written:hide: it would have been so easy na for them if they too had used Ooops:biglaugh

Last edited: Jul 2, 2010
  2. sujanags

sujanags Gold IL'ite

Meena,

Hilarious one...I think you should keep a game now that to count the occurrence of "oops" throughout this snippet. Everyone's reply has a "Oops" attached.. so let us see who finds the count correctly :)

3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

Thank you dear K2S.

// :rotfl:rotflYou are on a roll here Meena!//

With all this rolling, you would think that I would shed a pound or two but alas, the powers above are determined to keep me chubby. shakehead

//She taught me that day what an Oops button was on a computer keyboard. It is the BACKSPACE key!!!........//

Totally priceless!

4. meenasankaran

@ Mindi: Thank you, my friend. Once you start using this miracle word, your vocal chords will be forever indebted to you, trust me. :)

@ Aruna: Thank you.:) I am happy that you were able to enjoy the humor in this post.

@ Sujanags: Welcome and thank you for your comment. :) If you agree to be the moderator, let the 'Oops' counting game begin! :cheers

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meena

Oops, you missed to give reply to my fb

love
    viji

6. meenasankaran

My dear Viji aunty,

I am very very sorry for the oversight. A very big 'Oops' for not replying to your Fb. :bonk:bonk:bonk That is the sound of me boinking myself on the head. :)

I am glad that you enjoyed my post and found it hilarious.

Did you have company for your walk today?

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Hey Meena...

Help...we at FP nominations are under a 'meenattack'!! :biglaugh

Your posts are invading our nomination forum and for once, we need not complain!

"Ooops" made me laugh. I think it is a brilliant post. Loved the way you took pity on the bard for his 'lack of vocabulary'...apt ones at that. Well, your concern was misplaced dear gal, if anyone had to be pitied for the late appearance of our 'oops', it is us. Imagine all those hours we poured over the troublesome Shakespeare to get that required note on our English papers when one simple 'oops' could have saved us the tears!

L, Kamla

8. meenasankaran

Kamlaji,

Welcome and thank you for taking the 'meenattack' in stride. What can I say in way of apology except that I am simply having fun here at IL? :):)

//"Ooops" made me laugh." //

I need no better compliment. I write to tickle/coerce a smile or (if I am lucky) a chuckle from my readers. If you are laughing, that is even better. Sort of like a big juicy cherry on top of an already fabulous bowl of ice cream. :)

9. jaishvats

jaishvats Bronze IL'ite

10. Remanambiar

Remanambiar New IL'ite

Hey Meena
    Oops i really forgot what i was supposed tosay .Okay got it ...what a lovely post .I use oops a million times and have got berated for it .But you have opened my eyes toview it with a new look .Thanks .Ill go for the long winded explanations which may drive the listener away :)

Love
    Rema