Hi ILs, pls help with house warming in Pune

Discussion in 'Pune' started by sarika03, Jul 11, 2010.

1. sarika03

sarika03 New IL'ite

Hi IL friends,

We will be shifting to pune into our new house in wakad. Could you pls help with house warming ceremony? Basically would like to know
    1. Are there any recommended service of particular priest with reasonable charges?
    2. All our guests are from outside pune so how do i arrange for their stay over and any important tips i need to keep in mind.
    3. Are there any recommended catering service for a mix of North Indian and Marathi food.
    4. Avg expenditure is could be looking at for around 50-60 people.

Since we plan to hold puja with in week of landing in India :spin so i am really tight on time and want to outsource as much as possible.

Will really appreciate if some of you could share your experiences so that the house warming is a success.:thumbsup

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Dear Sarika,

House warming can be arranged in a weeks time. Getting a priest and caterer will not be that difficult. If you want i can connect you to my priest and caterer. My caterer is pure veg and he will not serve non-veg food...he is famous with the gujju and the marwadi crowd here.

Do you want to arrange for a stay for your outstation guests?? Also, when are you planning the house warming and what sort of puja you want to have etc. etc.

Don't worry things will be taken care of.

Roopa.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  3. sarika03

sarika03 New IL'ite

Hi Roopa

Thanks for your help.
    I have sent friend's request. Once you accept then we can discuss the details.
    I am looking at vastu shanti puja and veg food only. It will not be possible to accomodate all the guests in my apartment so do you know of someplace in Wakad itself. All are our close family members so i want them to be as near to us as possible.

Right now the quote that i have from one priest is 9K and he will bring all the materials + a gold Ganesh Statue. He mentioned 4 priests will accompany him. Is that ok?
    Regards
    Sarika