Third Thread-Ask here the Recipes you want from Chitvish

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Re: recipe for kuzhi paniyaram

Dear Sango,

Please check out the thread 'Recipe index' (refer the following link) for any recipe you are in need of.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/668-check-here-the-recipes-index.html

Appam maker looks like a kadai and kuzhi paniyaram can't be prepared using that. We need a different kind of maker altogether, for paniyaram, which you can see in the following link.

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/10314-post114.html

You being a very new ILite I thought of giving you the links. Please, browse thru the site for a lot of entertainment and exposure :)

Chithumma(CV) is in the hospital. She will join us soon.

Hopefully, your question will be moved to a different thread namely,

http://www.indusladies.com/forums/ask-chitvish/62378-third-thread-ask-here-recipes.html

Hereafter, you may want to post your queries in that thread which is meant for getting our doubts cleared from her.

Love,

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. Santhoshi

Santhoshi New IL'ite

Kaju pista roll

hi Chitra amma,

Could you tell me how to prepare kaju pista roll? Also some Bengali and Maharastrian foods will be more welcome.

Sorry to trouble you.

Thanks to you:

I tried your mexican rice , tomato pappu and Kara kuzhambu. It really came out well. Thanks for the delicious recipes.

Santoshi.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2010
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear friends,
    I am happy to be back again, after my ‘surgical break’. [​IMG]
    The sutures have been removed today & consequently, my knee belt which made me feel suffocated & trapped, while mobile to a very limited extent, is also removed. Sadly, a big bandage continues still because there is still some dampness in that area. I am allowed to walk few steps at a time with a walker. So, mobility is still minimum and my pace is slow.[​IMG]. No complaints!
    It will take 4-6 weeks for me to be able to walk without using a walker. Since I will not be able to cook for some more time, I will continue in Ruby’s house till I am allowed to be on my own.
    One thing I realized now is, after a total knee replacement (human) support system is most essential, for some time. First few days, till sutures were removed this morning, I needed physical support even to get off the bed. I did have a special nurse with me for day and night separately. From today, I plan to have only for the night.
    I really wonder how people living alone in Western countries manage under such circumstances!
    Physiotherapy is now continued for me by a physiotherapist daily – it is the most painful part in post operative recuperation. But in Chennai, home care is also provided by the hospitals where we have our surgery. That is the biggest blessing; otherwise commuting on a daily basis would have been most difficult after this surgery. I will gradually be ‘taught’ to climb 2-3 steps, to get into a car etc gradually. [​IMG]
    Besides, both my children, living in Chennai has been the biggest blessing for me, in particular.
    Every day, in the morning, I tell myself
    Day by day, in every way, I am getting better, better and better.
    But, I believe strongly in auto suggestion & imagination is as strong as the will.
    I may not be posting new recipes for some time, but we will continue interaction.
    Last but not least, thanks for all your prayers, good wishes, messages, phone calls and enquiries. You have reconfirmed my thinking that my life revolves around IL, AT THIS STAGE OF MY LIFE.
    I love what I do
    And
    I do what I love.

Take care.
    Love,
    Chithra.

<!-- / message --><!--INFOLINKS_OFF--><!-- sig -->__________________

4. Pragadha

Pragadha Senior IL'ite

Happy to see u back after a long time. U will be alright mami within few weeks. Ur presence is enough for us. The recepies are secondary. never bother about these things now. Think, These days too will pass away. U are a gift to IL with such determination. I pray god for ur wellness.

5. mkpriya

mkpriya Senior IL'ite

dear aunty,
    hope u r well now.happy to have u back midst us.will pry for ur seepdy recovery.
    good luck to u

love
    priya

6. Chitvish

Dear Pragadha & Priya,
    thankyou bothfor your goodwill expressed in your posts!
    Love,
    Chithra

7. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra

i am so happy to see you back. Glad that your surgery went off well. I am sure it must have been a trying time for an active person like you. you will soon be able to walk and get back to action.

Wishign you speedy recovery

With Best Regards
    shubha

8. Chitvish

Dear Shubha,
    Thanks.
    The surgeon was here this evening & said, it will take minimum 2 months for the tissues to heal completly and aches to vanish!
    All that I need is patience!!:)
    Love,
    Chithra.

9. shree

shree Silver IL'ite

question about grinding in the grinder

dear maami,

am experiencing some problem while griding rice in my grinder i wanted to know if i have a solution for that. for making idli's i first grind the urad dhal along with the fenu greek seeds in teh grinder then take it out, pour little water in the empty grinder grind it for few min and take the water out. then i will put rice . the problem is the rice goes and sticks in the grinder as soon as it starts to grind and produces too much noise not all the rice sticks the corner ones and the center part. also i have to switch it off and scrap with my fingers by rotating the grinder manually. scrapping is little painful for my fingers.

1. upon some suggestion am using water after i remove the urad dhal and run it for some time and take the water out

2. also am adding enough water before i put the rice

3. i also soak it for adequate time.

4. i also leave a break of 20 min before i put the rice to rest the motor from over heating

5. initially i thought it is the rice until then i was using the long grain rice which has a sticky nature while making dosas so i changed the rice to normal one even then it sticks

my question is it the problem of the rice. or the grinder, or my method.

my i asked my mom she says it is b'cos of the fenugreek seeds. without fenugreek seeds the dosa's r not that great as i use the same batter for both idli and dosa.

i use the proportion of urad dhal 1 cup
    idli rice 2 cups
    sona masoori or the pacha arisi 1 cup
    rice flakes 1 cup
    fenugreek seeds 5 tspn
    adequate water

hope to get a solution for my problem. thanx in advance.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  10. DeeYo

DeeYo New IL'ite

Rice falls out of the vessel into the cooker

Hello Mrs. Chitra Vishwanathan,

I am facing a common problem everyday and i am fiddling with my pressure cooker. I searched for an answer all over the site but couldn't find even a discussion on the same. May be it happens only for unexperienced cookers :spin like me -

The messiest happening everymorning which omens a bad day for me -
    Rice falls out of the vessel into the cooker.

I tried all combinations -
    1. Little quantity of rice in the biggest vessel that could fit into my cooker.
    2. Less water than it actually demands, that is less that 1:2 ratio.
    3. Keeping the cooker in low flame throughout.
    4. Placing the whistle after the pressure peeps form the hole.
    5. Changing the washer of the pressure cooker.
    6. Replacing the gasket.
    7. And finally the same experiments with a new cooker.

Nothing yields and my experiment still continues.......

Please help me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.