1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What about my family?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by spatel, Jun 29, 2010.

1. spatel

spatel New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,
    So last night me and my DH had an argument (nothing new). It almost went as far as us going our seperate ways because we argue all the time. We are both stubburn and admit it.

This time it was about our plans to go visit my sister and her newborn. We had made plans to go a few months ago, but then we found out his friends wife is having a baby shower the same weekend on Sunday. One thing i want to point out first is that when my sister had her baby shower he said men dont go to baby showers which is partly true but it was my sisters. Now that his friend is having a baby shower the same weekend he says we have to be back early from my sisters (flight back from NY) on Sunday to attend the baby shower. I told him i thought men dont go to baby showers and he tells me all his boys are going. He always makes an excuss about having to visit my family. I had booked my ticket yesterday and was going with or without him and he got mad, he then made me cancel my ticket because i didnt book it to make it back for the baby shower.

Last weekend i went to visit my aunt that was visiting her son about and hour and a half from our house, i asked him if he wanted to come and he said he is going out with the boys. So i went alone, i left on a Sat and returned on Sunday night. When i got home everyone seemed to be in a mood. I said hi to my mother in law and she said oh your here is this the time to come. I said i was visiting with family not out on the town with my girlfriends. She said well your a married women now. What can i do if my aunt is in town and my husband doesnt want to ever visit with my family.

Also when me and DH had our argument he said something about me being a married women and i was like that is where he is getting it from. I believe his mom is putting all these things into his head so we fight.

And to top it all off he tells me i always do things on my own and we dont act like a married couple. I do everything with his family because they all stay in the same town, but when i want to go visit my family he never wants to come. And non of them live in the same town.

I am very close to my family and always have been the one they can always count on and be there to help them, now being married is making it hard because he wants me to take part in all his family fuctions and doesnt want anything to do with my family which i am not going to have.

I hate my life............

2. Foundlove

Foundlove Gold IL'ite

Dear ,
    these things happen in a marriage. First of all talk to him calmly and get him on your side. Also set priorities like
    • If a plan is made with anyone may it be friends or family both have to go through it and no partiality.
    • No accusing and blaming each other.
    Also I do understand that you love your family and miss them but this is not a contest. Don't try to one - up each other. That will lead to fight and problems.

Try to balance visitations to both family and friends. If you are newly married...try to concentrate on each other...friends and family come second.

hope this helps.
    FL

3. ushkrish

ushkrish New IL'ite

hi
    think in this way. you are one up on him in the sense that you are able to move with people whether it is yours or your dh's friends or relatives, whereas he is able to move only with his own circle. if he is unable to widen his circle it is his trouble and not yours. you are at best trying to make it wider but he is not co-operating. so now atleast you wont' hate life for dh not widening up his circle.
    good day
    usha

4. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Does anyone remind him he is a married man now and can't be going out with "Boys" so many times that too whenever his wife plans something.:idea