Children Costume business from home

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by Costumes, Jun 27, 2010.

Should I go ahead with my costumes on hire business from home

Poll closed Aug 26, 2010.
  1. YES

47.4%
  2. NO

36.8%
  3. MAYBE

15.8%
  1. Costumes

Costumes New IL'ite

Dear Friends,

I have been a stay at home mom for 3 years now. My son is 3 years old and has started school.
    I finally have the freedom to do something worthwhile. I have no intentions of going back to a regular job. I am planning to start a costume business from home. My costumes will be made by me and will be given on daily rental for costume parties, school functions, themed birthday celebrations etc.
    I want to know if there is anybody else doing the same. I also want your reaction on the feasibility of this idea.:confused2:

Thank you for your support

Sunita

2. sofiz

sofiz Senior IL'ite

It's always good to be able to earn something on your own. I suggest you go ahead with your venture. However, broaden your scope of activities so that you'll have a wider range of customers. Maybe you could think of selling costumes too. Another realm you can think of is taloring special dresses for children - maybe party wear. Keep thinking, trying new thing until you find what works best for you and your surroundings (I mean possible customers). Dont be discouraged by no support from people around. It's not easy to make a business flourish. Remember to make adifference by your efforts. Innovate and offer the best service. Best of luck.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  3. Anamlodi

Anamlodi New IL'ite

Definitely it is a very good idea :):) even with the help of this you can use your prestigious time as well as can earn some money.It will also helps you to be more confident,strong and earning woman.You can also contribute financially in your family.With the help of this you can also improve your communication skills and also get lots of new friends.Who knows one day,you'll be proceeding towards small scale industry also.
    All the best dear :)

Thanks,
    Anam Lodi

4. Costumes

Costumes New IL'ite

Dear Sofiz,

Thank you for your support.
    I wanted to know how does the concept sound “Costumes available on rent for your child”.
    Do you look out for costumes on rent for your children for birthday parties, fancy dress competitions, stage shows, show and tell, children’s tea parties, etc.
    I also intend to have a website with all the costumes on display and plan on having a pickup and drop facility for convenience sake (for all the busy bees).
    In the future if my costumes are well appreciated and is in demand I do intend to sell them through ebay.
    I also plan on teaching how to make costumes through my portal as well as conduct classes at home more so for children during their holidays. I want to instill the love for sewing in children so they can grow up wearing home made clothes.
    I am at a stage where I am starting out from scratch. If there is anybody who wants to go the same way let me know and I will share everything I know about this line. Also I intend to keep posting my daily trials and tribulations here for your support.

Thank you,
    Sunita ( Costume wali)

5. Costumes

Costumes New IL'ite

Dear Anam

Thank you for your kind words.
    One day I do intend to become big and employ a couple of dozen people (only women btw).
    Let see how far I go…..July 01 2010 is the first day of my new beginning.

Wish me luck all of you!!!!!!!!!!

Regards,
    Sunita

6. nothing2looz

nothing2looz Junior IL'ite

Its a great Idea.
    Go for it.

Cheers to u and ur venture....Ms.Costumer

Santy:thumbsup