1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Starting solids: 4-6 months

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by sonu_627, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

mitsviki ,
    As Poonam said, wait for somemore days...I started ragi for LO when he was 4+ months and it worked well for him. But unfortunately he has got diarrhea for the past 13 days and i stopped giving him ragi...now he is on Roastedgram+rice kanji and it is really working well...but dont use it now on ur LO. Try apple/sweet potato puree....my LO liked it at 4.5 months...

2. sonasanju

sonasanju Silver IL'ite

Hello Ladies!!

My LO is now nearing 6 months .
    I started with Ragi kanji at 4 months(Ragi dry roasted and powdered+ add Jaggery and hot water..stir till the mixture becomes semi solid and add ghee )..LO was happy eating that.
    Then from the 5th month onwards I am giving him Cow's milk after BM in the morning.
    Later after 1 hour I give him 1 cup tomato juice(Pureed and strained adding little sugar)
    Then After 1.5 hrs, ragi kanji and BM after giving bath.
    After he wakes up Rice and Dal Khichdi (Pureed in Mixer with little salt)
    Then in the evening either veg soup(carrots,cabbage, tomato, potato pressure cooked and pureed with little salt) or banana milk shake 1 cup.
    And in the night around say 8:30pm 1 cup cow's milk
    and during bedtime BM again.

I started making one new addition to his diet daily, to keep a watch on his digestion. Once I understood that watever I am giving him, suits him..I made the above diet plan..

but Interesting thing is now since I started giving him food with little salt he is completely ignoring the ragi..since its sweet :)
    and the expression he gives while drinking Tomato juice (as it will be a little sour) is mindblowing :)

Cheers
    Sona

3. deepdev2002

deepdev2002 New IL'ite

hello ladies, My daughter is 5.5 months, i started giving her some rice cereal mixed in formula when she turned 5 months, i continued that for 10 days but she doen't seem to like it. She will just close her mouth tight and cry out of frustration. But she showed all cues of being ready for solids. So i gave her some BeechNut brand sweet potato after 10 days of starting with rice cereal, she seem to like it very much.
    Any suggestions how i can get her to eat the rice cereal?

Appreciate any help i could get :)

Cheers
    Deepika

4. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

hey deepika in addition theres a thread on first foods, do chk! will he helpful :)

6. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Hi Poonam,

Can i start rice cereal for Sanju. My Paed is asking me to wait till he completes 6 months. But my milk is not sufficient and nhe dislikes Nan1.

Regards

Rani

7. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Rani, I would suggest go for purees, veggie or fruit, check out first foods thread :)

8. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Pon. I just saw went thro' that thread.

9. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

yup rani give him stage one veggie n fruits one at a time... the first food thread has everything described. also chk the link above i posted here, i hv mentioned wat all can be given

Last edited: Jun 29, 2010
  10. vidhyarohini

vidhyarohini New IL'ite

Hi all experienced moms,
    I am a new mom and my son Gowtham is 3 1/2 months old. He takes BM alone all the whole day. Sometimes my secretion is getting low. In those times, I give Lactogen stage 1. But my Paed is asking me to continue on BM itself. What shall i give now at this stage? Suggest me with some ideas.

Thanks