August 2010 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by lalisiva, Jan 20, 2010.

1. cukz

cukz New IL'ite

Thanks DecLadyDueAug, I am hoping for the same too.

newmum thanks for the support, nice to see that you can see the injustice here too. Unfortunately my hubby will not understand the situation is tough, he is his dad's puppet. he is considerate and loving as long as there is no conflict of interest between his dad's interest and mine.However, talking to him is my only option, so will do so after meeting the gynecologist. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Hansika , I can see that you understand and you really had to put up with a lot...so hugs right back at ya! I am trying meditation and trying to be peaceful, till the time to confront comes. Hope I have the strength to speak what I have to without breaking down or losing my temper:shaking:
    :thankyou2: to all of you for the care you show.

2. deepanair

deepanair Senior IL'ite

Hi cukz,

I am from the Oct, 10 club and just happened to stumble across your posts. It's indeed unfortunate that your in laws are giving you such a tough time! But be positive, you have a wonderful life growing inside you, am sure life would be so much better in a couple of months time. In the meantime don't let people around you get to your nerves just try ignoring them for the time being. The more you think about how insensitive they are , the more its going to affect you. Try taking up some interesting hobbies- or pursue a new one. What about the neighbors there, is there anyone you could talk to? Try being firm and assertive in your demands.As a pregnant woman your in laws should know what you are going through and if you don't then I think you should make it clear without being overtly impolite. I know its easy said than done, but do take care of yourself and try watching some good old mallu comedy flicks:)

Deepa

3. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Hansika,
    Its common in thord trimester. Dont panic.Talk to your Gync. But eat well.Last month i have gained only 1 kg. Before month I gained lot.

4. Godschild

Godschild Silver IL'ite

Hi Cukz,

Just want to let you know that am sailing in the same boat as you.
    My Dh's a mamma's boy and my MIL runs the house in her terms.
    I had a tough time when my DH was not around.
    She used to team up with my SIL and used to harass me in all indirect ways.
    On complaining to DH, she cried and created a scene and made me look like the culprit. DH never accompanies me to my check ups or scan.
    But you know what, i don't let these ppl ruin my day. It's my first pregnancy and i should enjoy it and only think of my LO.

Set this as your top most priority and never deviate from this.
    This is the best phase of our lives.
    Why fret about the bad ones now?

With best wishes and prayers.

5. cukz

cukz New IL'ite

Thank you so much Deepa and Godschild. Posts like your's give me strength and help me to set my priorities right. No Deepa, this family does not mingle with the neighbors and they are culturally very different(I don't want to sound snobbish but the neighbors are the uneducated sort) and it will be difficult for me to communicate with them. I have taken up new hobbies....posting on IL is one of them:) I am a writer by profession, so am attempting my first novel, to give me some purpose in life. Yes, I will try to be firm when the time comes.
    Godschild you have been through a lot and here is a huge hug from me. You are right, the child in me is more important than any of this nonsense, so I will try to stay cheerful.
    Best wishes to all of you

6. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

did any one of you get a black line on your tummy. I don't know if its linea nigra or not because as far as i know linea nigra seems to come up from the pubic bone towards the navel.
    and mine seems to be across the waist. like a thick band. i don't even tie my chudidar bottoms at that level. at home i wear nighties only. any clues
    hansika

7. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi hansika,

I have a thick line (linea nigra) as well as a mild black line in the bottom(across) as you said. My friends said it is common among few :hide:

8. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

I have Linea nigra or vertical line. Its common in pregnancy. dnt worry.

9. lalisiva

lalisiva Bronze IL'ite

Hi Haniska, I got dark line (linea nigra) from the pubic bone to the belly button. Also the area around my nipples got darker too, i asked gyn about this she said " this darkness does fade once your body settles down after childbirth.

Can anyone recognize the baby's head pushed against your tummy? mine does. so does others can see my tummy bulging on one side. it's round like a orange shape then it goes back inside :)

Has anyone started packing for hospital bag? My mind is only focusing on what cute outfit to bring baby home in lol.. I need a 'guide' so I don't forget anything important. please share your tips?

Last edited: Jun 2, 2010
  10. simply_doubtful

simply_doubtful Gold IL'ite

Lalitha
    sometimes when i lie on my left side i can feel the baby's head. once i had a dream that i caught my lil one's leg in my hand while still in my tummy.:rotfl
    hansika