1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

AN AURA OF BLISS.......for our family

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by goldc, May 25, 2010.

1. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Everyday is a gift from God,we all know,well dont we mark some days quite special to us.Many an occasion for us to rejoice,celebrate,think over again and again.....sometimes we feel life is wonderful albeit the upheavels we face, we tend to indulge in duality of this life.I too have my part to dwell into the world of happiness by the divine grace.

As usual the routine,week starts with much pampering and head along to foresee the hectic chores.By evening of the day i go to pick my son from school.I see from far unusually he was bright and bouncing.As anyone would have guessed it right ,as parents our spending spree is liberal for our children.Especially after they return from school their wishes are granted ,we tend to move down motivated, looking at their drained energy. Presuming another spending spree in the offing i check my bag for money.Either we land in Mcdonalds ,a coffee shop,or at supermarket.Million reasons my son would emphasize,he's too tired for the day or work pressure at school,lunch wasn't enough,or he has a great deal with his course work,although initially i deny them, somehow i fall prey to his wishes.Iam weak and spenthrift when it comes to spending for children . Sometimes i would be unable to decide at their wants as whether it is a necessity,a comfort or a luxury.They nudge me ,so much work demanding in to be finished in time, many times i fail to think and just to finish up the issue without much forethought.With all these crazy thoughts rambling my mind i await for my son.
    A glance at my watch i get worried , not even a day i have frowned at my children when they home from school, i always greet them with a smile.My son reached ,he was in smiling,hugged me saying he has great news to announce........he said his head teacher,principal, teachers congratulated him for obtaining overall high scores in UK in financial studies.A momentous moment for our family, i thanked God for his blessings.I remember him telling me about this subject which was quite difficult and need critical thinking with application of knowledge .An award was given to him with his name embossed,with a certificate which was published in the news paper here with his photo.He is attending one of the best schools here so the competition not only from his classmates but also all over was fairly demanding.Further my son was invited for a ifs chairman of Uk dinner meet at the London Guildhall.Meetings and parties are hosted at this hall only by dignitaries and sometimes the queen too hosts ,i read so. An invitation presented with my son's name in it for a black -tie dinner meet,which was attended by 200 dignitaries.I wa thrilled to see my son in a tuxedo,he looked magnificient for the occasion.He seemed to be the only Indian at the dinner meet.The chairman was polite greeting my son and did the photoshoots with him.It is still fresh in my mind to be preserved for years to come,this glorious occasion.
    We have many incidents in life ,some are too dear to you, to be mulled over.Is all our action reaction of the past.......
    I feel.......... life is an echo give the world the best you have then the best will come back to you.
    A nice feeling,people all around with good wishes conveying and at this juncture i need to put this as a excellant happening showered on our family by God.

2. Pavithra55

Pavithra55 Gold IL'ite

hi dear. you have absolutely right many moments we treasure and keep reminding about it. very happy that your is got such a great marks and glory to your family. my hearty wishes dear

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Goldie

Welcome to snippets. So atlast wrote here. Expecting more from you. EQ has not seen it I think, otherwise should would have been the first to comment.

Congratulations to your son, you and your husband must be so proud of your son and being the only Indian to receive this honour is really a pleasure. All the best to your son always.

love
    viji

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Goldilocks:)
    Welcome to the world of snippets.
    It was really nice to read about your son. What is your son's age..... I know as a parent we feel so proud when the kids are reaching to hold some stars of their lives. You feel your son's achievement is yours.
    Congrats to you and your son, give my hugs to him.
    I can see the excitement and happiness of a mother in this post of yours towards your kid. Indeed an excellent happening in the family showered by the Lord.

Last edited: May 25, 2010
  5. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Hi lovely Pavithra

Thank you for the wishes and concern.

:cheers

6. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Dear PM VIJI

glad to know that you could find time and glance my writing,Thank you very much for the warm welcome and ardent wishes.Time was a constraint some how i made it up today.Hope at times i could feed in here with some of my musings.Thank you PM.

7. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Hi Aruna delite

Nice of you to read this and give a fast feed back.Thank you Delite for your warm wishes,iam glowing by your warmth dear.My big bear hugs to you.Yes iam elated ,feelig honoured by this achievement.He is seventeen yrs now.

8. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sona :biggrin2:,

Oh you are a mom to a teenager! And what a proud mom you must be now.
    As I read your post, I too felt the pride of knowing sona, the mom of that brilliant lad. My congrats to you and him.

Wishing him many more such laurels and expecting you to share those moments of excitement and happiness with all of us :cheers.

Bye

9. goldc

goldc Senior IL'ite

Hi Saras

Indeed nice of you to read and give a feed back, i am elated at your wishes and musings dear,thank you.Do i sound like a teenager .....or a mom Saras (impact from son and his friends)

10. csailaja

csailaja Senior IL'ite

hello goldc,

Hearty congratulations to you and your family.

Radhika.