Career Woes...Queries regarding jobsearch in Singapore!

Discussion in 'Indians in Singapore' started by jeyshree, Apr 3, 2007.

1. AbhiSing

AbhiSing Gold IL'ite

Re: Opportunities in Singapore for one who hane done BAMS from India

Hi
    BAMS and degrees in Alternative medicines are not recognised to registr with Ministry of Health, Singapore.

You may want to do Masters in Public health/Health Administration from a reputed University. That also does not warrant a position here.

You can doo some reserach executive

You have to have atleast 2 years experience, with Valid PR status or the least dependent pass.

Canditates will be shortlisted, only if they hold Pink/blue ICs in most of the healthcare establishments here.(This is my own experientce) All the best.

PS: This thread will be merged with the already existing thread about jobs in 2 days time. thank you for understanding.

2. hitesh

hitesh New IL'ite

Re: Teaching jobs

hi sasi,
    i too trying for a job in singapore. if u knw any details .plz share with me

3. malarmouly

malarmouly New IL'ite

hi dears,
    Many of u mite have read my previous posts,just to make u remember. I was a s/w engr in india with 2 yrs of exp. After coming here for 9 months i was searching for a s/w job.but i dint get any interview calls.So planned to shift my career to HR and did my Graduate dip in HRM in MDIS singapore. But still i m not getting any calls. Though in ads thy say freshers are welcome, thy prefer only experienced and if at all they take a fresher it has become a standard criteria - Shld know mandarin. I m feeling so bad tat thy need my hubbys service here and y not me??? i have also heard same things from many of my friends, though thy r MBA grads, thy r working as a cashier.. Y the situation is like this here??? Is thr any step to stop this treatment by singapore companies?? To be frank i had tonnes and tonnes of hope abt s'pore and now i m fed up staying here :drowning . Hope many ppl will agree to this issue.

Rgds,
    Malar.

4. sreejaashok

sreejaashok New IL'ite

Dear Nisha

Am planning to shift to S'pore from India soon , would love to get in touch with you ...

regards

5. Mission

Mission New IL'ite

Need an advice on getting back to work in IT field

Dear All Friends out there,

I am Shilly and I live in Singapore (for the time being as my husband works here) .I feel so happy to have found this site and it has become a solace.I just googled out to get some tips on getting back to work after a break and found this wonderful site.
    I would like to be an active member in this site.

I need some good advice on how to get back to work in IT field after a break of 2 years.
    I have 7 years of experience in the field of Microsoft technology with Big MNCs,have worked in India,US and in Singapore.Now I have taken 2 years break to have our little one and take care of the baby.I have searched for job with my exp for the last 2 and half month but response was so poor that I couldnt get any interview call except one.I feel I am stuck.

I am looking for some suggestions on what kind of certification would be good for me to take up at this point of time so that I can better position myself and be confident and look for a better job which can give me satisfaction both at work and at home...(I mean,working as a developer in Singapore is a real hard one as work hours are too long and stressful and hardly get time to be at home ..minimum 12 hrs of work is expected here )

Please advice me.

Thanks in advance!!

Shilly

6. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Re: Need an advice on getting back to work in IT field

Shilly,
    Being into Software for 7 years, do you feel certifications really helpful to get a job??? Atleast I dont think so.
    May be you need to change you CV by highlighting your skills,projects and Visa Status. BEing a mother of a 2years baby, you can't stretch at office as your demands at home also need to be fulfilled.
    Post your CV in Naukri,monster,chetana etc......no doubt within few days you will recieve loads of calls.
    One tip - Try to update yoru CV in those sites on every sunday evening...so that your CV stood first for the consultants on monday morning.

All the very best.

7. Mission

Mission New IL'ite

Thank you so much,Priya for your reply and tips.surely will check it out.
    I am thinking of certification only because of the technology advancement that have happend in these 2 yrs of time..and to update me with the latest technology...just having a thought on it as i am not able to decide on one as of now.

8. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Shilly not at all. It's very easy to find a job in SG that too in IT field. No matter what break u have taken. I'm into QA, i've taken break off sev times and i happily land at a job when i want to. The same with all my friends....All the best...Do keep searching.
    Of course working hrs are vast

9. n_mumtaz

n_mumtaz New IL'ite

Hi,

I have been going through this thread for very long and I have applied for jobs in Singapore for past several months still no results. I am almost fed up looking for jobs in Singapore. I always loved to settle in Singapore now I feel its like the sour grapes which Fox tries to reach upto says no those are sour grapes and walks away!:rant:rant

Thanks,
    Mumtaz.N

10. shrutidunwoody

shrutidunwoody Bronze IL'ite

Move from US to Singapore..

Hello Ladies,
    Is there anyone who has moved from US to SG, or is planning to do so? I wanted to know how to go about getting a job in SG. My husband has over 8 years of experience in the IT industry, and has been here since 02'. We checked several job sites, but most of them were asking for SG citizens as a must. So I thought of putting this post to find the appropriate channel and get some guidance or a starting point on how to proceed. Any information in this regard is highly appreciated. Thanks..