1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Lets share our feelings - Season 5

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Traveller, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Again coming in after a few days… J

Tikka, Aarthi, AD,Poo - scrunching is where they apply mousse and gel in the hair (my hair us wavy) create nice curls, rather enhance the wavy hair to curls just by hand and kind of diffuse the air (This again is new to me too) by drying it using a diffuser. And this diffuser looks like a horn (seriously..LOL) that can be attached to our blow dryer. End result: Looks like curly hair.. But the thing is the best set scrunch stands for a day may be.

Aarthi, Fabulous picnic packing plan that you’ve given. where I live is one of the expensive places too. We took DD to a zoo last week and you won’t believe the entrance fee was $20.. Seriously… I felt the pinch..

Latha, How are you. Sending lots of health vibes

Nitha, How did your move go?

Uma, Is your MIL in now? Hope the boat sails smooth..LOL

Ramya, so true. We shouldn’t be depending on them for what we want to do. I second that completely. But see being a working parent, with no help around, it becomes unmanage-able at times, though I should appreciate myself for managing things pretty well, if not great.. but ok kinds atleast. Hugs to you dear.. Hope you have settled your case with your DH. And belated b’day wishes.

Sindhu, Glad to hear that P and V are doing great with grand pa and grand ma
    Poonam, That’s indeed a sweet bonding. Did you feel that Z was getting a little stressed before the camera?

Padmini, How’s LO doing now? Which hospital is that and how rude can people be? Looks like there is an epitome of senselessness there. Man.. I hate it when people do a 3 months couse and call them sister/nurse with no knowledge of even finding a vein to put an injection…

Vidhya, Hope Shibhu is doing good.

Rant-time – My laptop is down with virus.. now I’ve to take care of him/her LOL.. and DH throws a fit that it’s because of IndusLadies that the virus has spread. I tried my best to defend IL.. LOL.. So no computer at home for me until it gets fixed with a new OS... V is up with wake up for 2 hours everynight with itchy-scratchy session… A friend here asked us to try homeopathy. Seriously considering that now….

2. charuchitthra

charuchitthra Bronze IL'ite

oh nitha,

it sure takes sometime to get used to a new house and surroundings.

Had a good laugh at chinnu s V M confusion.

Kids are cute.

3. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

DS1 did the same and it went on for a long time ... probably months. Finally he got it right. Now DS2's turn, but he corrected it in a couple of days.

4. Traveller

Traveller Gold IL'ite

Nitha darling,

me complete tubelight. read Chinnu's attempt at seven in the evening and couldn't trace the joke at all. only now i understand:bonk aiyo i'm getting older and medieval:(((

update on my cough - it's on the last leg.. the phase where the kich-kich is gone but still you get those annoying dry coughs from nowhere!! so yay... i'll be fine soon:))

SS,

so you like Shreya in kandasamy-a??

now moms with potty-trained kids (i have one but not faced this situation with DS)... as you all know DD insists on visiting toilet after she has done the soo-soo job. i was so proud but now it's getting to the annoyance point:( now everytime after soo-soo she wants to change, not only diaper, but all her clothes:spin. when will she begin to know when soo-soo comes? is the time too far?

a word of warning after what i thought was a peaceful evening with both children playing without any scream, snatching... if ever your child wants to dress up for an airport game don't let them. seriously now i've all the winter accessories pulled out and piled in the middle of living room. i don't want to clean the mess. my boy puts on his sun glass, 2 caps, 2 pairs of gloves, several pairs of socks to look like a pilot:rant and today DD imitates him. creative they can be but not to the point of driving the mom to chottanikarai temple:(

tomorrow the pre-school takes the children on a castle trip to see the carriages. as usual pancake for the lunch box. i'm fed up of repeating but DS insists.

me hitting bed early with a hope of getting 8 hrs sleep with break. there's no way i'm destined to get uninterrupted sleep atleast for the next couple of years:(

5. aarthi7

aarthi7 Senior IL'ite

oh nitha,
    :biglaugh:biglaugh.that was hilarious..

s-s
    havent you installed an anti-virus software in your system?that is one job dh does religiously,i should say.

poonam
    while that was sad that things didnt work well,i enjoyed your lines about the father -daughter bonding..its something special,truly.zoey is sucha cutie pie..so,homemade pizzas,huh?way to go ,girl.
    padmini,

poor LO ,hope he is doing better now.there is absolutely no ethics,no human values in most of the hospitals these days,,i was fuming reading about that lift rules..WTH.
    sending lots of helath vibes your way..

latha,
    :biglaugh,pretend games are always tough for us,isnt it..the weather is pathetic here too,i often look into the calendar to confirm if its really may:),no signs of summer yet..i hear you on the kitchen,thats one reason why i chose my current flat,it has an open kitchen and i dont feel congested,but again it might be hard with small kids around.
    so,whats up with the mango tart?is the plan still on

sindhu,
    thats so true about india.i didnt quite think on those lines until i came here,all BS sells here :rotfl,kudos to the marketing strategy used.

latha/sindhu,
    ireland is still a developing country and there is absolute daylight looting in everything from house rent to school fees to groceries.i have lived in london before ,never felt this high cost of living there.with the recent euro crash ,things are much more worse..

my cough is still troubling me a lot,specially during night,dh was kind enought to give me glasses of hot water every now and then y day night and worst part was my headache coupled with vomitting..i really hate this sick feeling,,hope all the sick mommies and LO's here get well soon.

:hiyato all the mommies out there..have a good night

Last edited: May 19, 2010
  6. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Pooh, anyway you tried the photo shoot, right. Daddy must have felt so protective of his little girl.

Padmini, don't give up - do lodge a formal complaint to the hospital management, make a copy of that and also complain in consumer court or the regulatory agency. Many times in India services providers behave as though we are asking for a favor. If everyone keeps quiet, how will things change? Hearing your story makes my blood boil.

Vidyaa, tough luck with the trip not going well. Maybe next time will be a better one.

Uma, is MIL going to permanently live with you? That is a toughie. Maybe you can slowly get back to work... On me-time I end up trading my sleep for me time. It is either before the family wakes up or after kids go to bed. Kids don't get up before 7:30 at the earliest and I try to be up at 5:30. So I have the house to myself. Even if I am loading the dishwasher, I do it listening to music, peek at IL occasionally, chek my mails, have my coffee peacefully and I'm so refreshed by the time everyone wakes up :) On weekends we catch a movie or some couple time after kids go to bed.

Aishu, clingy phase is a little difficult. I think it will improve once she is mobile. Can you put her in a mat next to you while you are doing dishes or laundry?

S-s, good luck with the PC reinstall. That sucks.

Nitha, enjoy the new place! Like Latha, I too am a tubelight, I had to read three-four times to gigure out what the joke was! I kept reading "Meven"....

Latha, don't get me started on creative pretend games...

Aarthi, hope you feel better soon!

7. Riyasmommy

Riyasmommy Silver IL'ite

Hi everyone, after 4 days of driving we are now in Colorado at Brian's parents house. Just made it here this evening. The dogs and Riya are thankfully good travelers - for Riya the DVD player and surprise goody bag full of toys and knick knacks is helping a lot. We stop every two hours to give the dogs their walks and I get to stretch. I am enjoying the road trip. We are going to be here for a couple days before driving onwards. My inlaws are going to follow us this time and come to California with us to help us unpack and get the house ready before the baby arrives. :)

You all take care and hopefully I'll catch up soon.

Raj

8. Padminiramesh

Padminiramesh Senior IL'ite

Hello Mommies,

Chennai is SUPER cool today, but it also gave cold, cough to DS...poor LO is getting one after the other, he just got recovered from his dehydration and not this cold follows...LO is too much cranky these days, he is jumping from the rocker, even seat belt is not helping us...he doesnt even want to be on floor even for a single minute, he screams within a fraction of seconds...dont know how MIL is going to manage him in my absense...already she started complaining, that she cannot handle him if he is going to be like this....you know what, LO is actually very very smart and good boy, he just listens to whatever i say and he follows it...but everybody started using that trump card and he is so cranky now...another issue now is MIL always wants LO to be with her, she wants to feed him, rock him and even at night she wants LO to sleep with her...she says she will bring the kid to my room, whenever he cries for milk at night, what is this? DH is completely against this, but he is not opening his mouth...but sterday, somewhere i got the strength to tell FIL that i want LO to sleep with me, i told him that if he gets the routine of sleeping with you, then he will not come to us when we go to office and we will not have time to spend with him...FIL is very clear LO should always be with Mom...but MIL is not understanding this...FIL every now and then pass a comment in public that Mom is a best person for a kid and he insists me on spending more time with LO...i could see red face with MIL, she immeditely says that Mom is needed only for milk and what is the big difference between granma and mom...my cosisters are already warning me on not to leave LO too much to MIL, they had very nice experience because of that and they both are living seperately...ha if i talk about my MIL, pages are not just enough....so many things are here to handle...she always complains that she is the only person working in the house along with taking care of the kid (ofcourse now i am here)...i am suggesting her for a maid, but she is not so so ready for that...no body can adjust with her...ladies this is really breaking my head...
    Initially me and DH use to go to office together in his car, he drops me on the way and picks me up the same or i come on my own...but now looks like our office is going to be on extremes and we cannot travel together...commutation to my office is going to be a prb, DH is asking me to take a driver and took anothehr car, intially MIL was ok with that, but all of the sudden she is not ok on that, she says its all waste of petrol and driver salary...now another prb in my head...

Pavarun,
    We have already wrote a complaint in the hospital complaint book, but it is useless...the best thing is shouold avoid going thr further...

aarthi,

Thanks...even i am suffering with severe cold cough....healthy wibes to you...recover soon...

smart_soul,
    It is the Child trust hosp in chennai...i think me and DH can be a better nurse/sister than those people...very poor service..

Traveller,

You are right, unfortunately we dont have any ethics here...no body cares too much about people, they just look a patient as some object, which is really irritating us...the way they put the IV, i was on tears, the poor lil boy was screaming like anything, i know it would be painful, but thr is way to do it right...you can be soft when u r doing that to a 6 months baby...ohh my god, if this is happening for pppl like us who alteast knows the basic of science, just imagine what will happen to those who are from lower class...pathetic...

9. arthidiva

arthidiva Silver IL'ite

Everytime I type a reply, my pc conks off or my windows shutsdown..

chennai is not only super cool.. is super windy and becoming dangerous for people out of homes.. It took almost 2 hours for me to reach office today and already I want to leave as these winds look scary.. I am picturising a car flying so need to get out asap and reach home safe.. those of you who are out of home in chennai.. be safe and get back home early.. looks like this weather is going to last until tomorrow.

10. shrukri

shrukri New IL'ite

Sindhu gr8 you can trade ur slp for me time. I'm a very lazy person and have the habit of sleeping a lot. Can nvr think of that...Here either DD1 or 2 takes turns to wake up till 11 or 12 midnight and with DD2 i have to wake up for BF, so i am up only by 8.00 these days. I must somehow change DD1's sleep schedule...........And job i too thought of just doing that, but I don't want to do that. With first one my mom was here for 6 mo and i never did much other than BFing her, DH time was also flex and he used to take care. Now with 2 i'm the only one doing everything and i'm experiencing so much joy inspite of all the struggle. I love this and can't part with it for anything or anyone. Yes Sindhu i've made up my mind to stay home the max, atleast till LO is 8mo +. Either I have to walk out or MIL will be packed off. I'm pretty sure she can't live peacefully anywhere and will not be satisfied with whatever DH or I do. So let's see what happens...........
    Latha i thought i'm the one but feel sorry to hear you too have such inlaws. DH does support me(never give up to his sis or anyone) but when it comes to his mom, i have nothing to say, I'll have to face all tears. Now more sympathy as FIL's no more.
    I think it's time to stop MIL rants....as it's never ending...................
    Latha I tried to take rest here and there as I'm a SAHM now. It does help, but the house seems unorganised and i've been doing in bits. But that's fine i feel fresh and that's more imp now......:thumbsup
    DD1 and 2 are getting along well, 1 keeps talking so much and the lil one responds with oooo and ahhhh.....so cute to watch. DD1 is also a bit show off, giving her too many instructions don't do this and that.......

Last edited: May 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.