Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Nitha. Remember make double the amount of rajma masala & have it one day with basmathi!! Worth all the effort taken to make it.
    Oh, tomato pappu is a blessing-dish from Andhra!!:biggrin2:
    Love,
    Chithra

2. Chitvish

Dear Saras,
    Thanks a ton!! A third theeyal is yet to be tried with a ready recipe!
    South southie amuses you so much???Are both of us not the same unlike Chennaites??
    love,
    Chithra.

3. Chitvish

Hi Shubha,mine is not Indian make definitely. So, likely to be Chinese make - I do not know. Do go ahead & buy it.
    Love,
    Chithra.

4. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

this weekend has been a long weekend for us.. we took off on friday to spend the day with kids. weather is sooo good not too hot not too cold, i have a long list of fbs

fri - tomato rice - it was my kid's field (sports) day so we packed a picnic lunch for all of us.

sat - schezwan noodles - went on a picnic for strawberry picking.. noodles was so tasty even when just warm

sat dinner - freezer maavu dosai with sambar, coc chutney

sun - lunch - ennai kathrika kozhambu - sembu fry

no links - feeling super lazy today. wanted to share with you.. happy mother's day to you chitramma - you are a super mom for all of us ILites. my DH gave me the gift of time , yes he gave me 3 hrs to use for myself during which he would take care of the kids. he also said that i could use it anytime this week. i thought that was the best gift of all.

thx and luvs
    shyamals.

5. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

dear chithumma, a big slab of milk chocolate was sitting in the fridge ...and i HAD to use it.made chocolate nutties.....OMG how delicious, my first ever cookie and such a big hit.i am making them over and over and over again.now look what ur recipes do to me-just broadening my waistline:rotfl

btw i tried a small chocolate cake , using waitrose cocoa, what a refreshing difference it was!very yum!
    i am rounding up so fast, made chocolate cake 2ce already,and now these sinful nutties:hide:

6. NISHA BALAJI

NISHA BALAJI Senior IL'ite

dearest ma....

sorry for being so ooooo out of touch..
    Lots of things happening at my end ....

ok now to the FBs, made rasa vadai...was too good...my DH finished it all...

today i made aloo mutter...the grinding of the spices fresh gives a different taste and aroma too
    loved it...

luv
    Nisha

7. shubhavasudevan

shubhavasudevan Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitra

Happy Mother's day Wishes to you. Just now I finished baking peanut cookies. They have come out very well. I had some peanut butter left- smooth and crunchy. I used both and added maida and sugar and proceeded the way you have given. I didnot add any extra butter or nuts. It has turned out very well.

While in MadrasI tried Dumroot Halwa. Firsttime I made with pressure cooker but the taste was ras even after frying. So I tried the next time by frying in ghee first and then M.W. and procced they way you had written. It came out very well and was very much liked by all.

thank you so much for all your efforts and hard work.

with Best Regards
    shubha

8. sundaribhaskar

sundaribhaskar Bronze IL'ite

hi madam,

made butter biscuit. It turned out very well and kept it in the convection as per the time given. it was golden crisp delicious. The next day also it was good. The second day it became soggy had just two pieces left. it was in air tight box wondering what was wrong may be must have baked for 5 minutes more or because of sugar powder dusting....

thanks

Sundari bhaskar

9. Chitvish

Dear S-s,
    Thanks for all FBs.
    Noodles, in fact, mature on keeping & taste better.
    Your strawberry picking makes me feel like:rantat the Chennai agni nakshatram!!
    Your last para made me feel as though i belong to a totally different 'era' altogether!!
    Since we were not working, our only actvity was 'bringing up family'!
    Thank God for N & his thoughtfulness!:)
    Love,
    Chithra.

10. Chitvish

Dear pooh, you are a chocolate pooh now!!
    It looks as though you are passionate about baking. Good; but do have mercy on other threads of mine also!
    Lovely to receive FBs from you like 'good old times'!:biggrin2:
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.