I'm pregnant!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by sanravi_1970, Sep 26, 2007.

1. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Re: worried - shifting apartment during pregnancy - okay ??

Savanna,

I moved to a new place when I was almost 25 weeks..

I guess, the logic behind the whole Dont move could be..
    The mommy getting strained
    She doing too much work
    The new place and her time to adjust there
    Also the dust and stuff while packing stuff in the old house.

I dont see any other logic as to why a pregnant lady shouldnt move from one place to another.

Nothing will go wrong if you move house. It is just a myth.

Just dont strain yourself, that is all.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  2. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Re: worried - shifting apartment during pregnancy - okay ??

I moved to new place just before I found out that I was preggers. I was really scared as I was helping dH with the move, lifting heavy stuff, running up & down the stairs, cleaning all cupboards / appliances with bleach etc. etc.
    I was initially worried because of the work I did @ around 4 weeks of pregnancy, but everything was/is fine and I am in my 6th month now :)

Dont worry too much, just start TTC...things will fall into place. And if you are pregnant while moving, good excuse to make dH do all the work...lol!!!

3. SurekhaKrishna

SurekhaKrishna Bronze IL'ite

Re: best position to sit while pregnant

shilpa,
    How many weeks pregnant are you now?
    My experience is I could not even bend to the floor level during initial 4-5 months.
    So I have to sit on couch or bed only.Before my pregnancy, i used to lie down on floor watching TV in whatever position I want:biglaugh.
    As the old couch was not comfortable enough only for me(DH had no problem with old couch),We have replaced them with brand new set(because of my constant nagging i think:rotfl).Thanks to my wonderful DH :kiss.

4. Ums

Ums Senior IL'ite

Is smear test safe during pregnancey?

Hello folks,
    I am in my 33<SUP>rd</SUP> week now. I had regular spotting mebbe a drop or two throughout my pregnancy. My gynec did internals for me today and suggested smear teat as she found some growth near the cervix.
    Is smear test safe during pregnancy? I googled and most of the sites did not give me any positive answers.
    Gynec has asked to take B complex tab for 30 days and has also given cansoft vaginal tablet to be inserted before sleep.
    Has anyone taken up smear test during pregnancy? What is the smear test procedure? Will it be painful? This will not affect the LO inside right? I am worried to the core!!
    Looking forward for your inputs!!

Uma

Last edited: Apr 17, 2010
  5. RenukaVimal

RenukaVimal Senior IL'ite

Re: What is mother's instinct telling you ?

Right from the time we got to know we were having twins, both my DH's and my instincts told us it would be a boy and a girl...and we were right!

6. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

RenukaVimal
    word twins sounds so sweet
    and i could imagine what it must be when you know you are having a boy and a girl at same time
    glad to know in your case mothers instinct came true :thumbsup

7. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

I think my insticts also came true.I wont disclose the gender right now.But I also dreamt of the reports in which they mentioned the gender of the baby.And yes in my 20th week scan before the dr. could tell,she asked me what do u think you are carrying & I told her my baby's gender.
    I wish I have 2 kids -1boy & 1girl.I am thankful that I am blessed with this oppoutunity of motherhood. :)

8. september

september Bronze IL'ite

my first pregnancy .... everyone in the world except the ultrasound said that it would be a boy ....

but i had a little cutie pie angel ..... and really love her a lot , as i had always wanted at least one girl child ( a mommy child .... uff ...don't you smell possessiveness ..).

9. september

september Bronze IL'ite

Re: Is smear test safe during pregnancey?

a smear test during pregnancy might be safe , but is usually avoided by doctors unless really necessary.... and is done after pregnancy

anyways get a second opinion from other doctors regarding this .

10. september

september Bronze IL'ite

Re: best position to sit while pregnant

i was instructed not keep my legs crossed while sitting ..... dont know if there is any logic behind this

sitting on the floor is really difficult and dont think it is advisable also .
    even if i have to sit on the floor , i need to keep a small cushion underneath to avoid severe backache .