1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestions

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by burningsoul, Apr 10, 2010.

1. burningsoul

burningsoul New IL'ite

Dear IL
    I dont know whether to post my problem in this forum or not..Anyway i'l tell you it in brief

I got married two years back .I belong to a middle class family ,daughter of a govt employee and and DH is from upper class business family.

Incompatabilities were there,in financial and appearance wise(still it is there) but we got married because of horoscope and to an extend becos of my job and its status ..

I was working as asst manager in a bank when i got married, and my FIL considered its a very good job and that led to the marraige.
    But as many of you know ,the banking jobs are tarnsferable in every 3-5 years. My DH was not knowing this when he got married. Nobody told him and we never intentionally hid it from him .we thought he may be knowing it and proceeded
    After marraige when he camme to know this , he become furious .
    Btw, my DH is a SWE , working in a MNC in a Bangalore.After marraige when i tried for a transfer to BGLR, it was very tough we had to try all the ways and my hubby got very angry with that, and finally i got tarnsfer . and i joined him in bangalore and there started my bad days.

By saying everybody chetaed him ,he tstarted torturing me mentally.. my work time is 9- 8 , 6 days a week . and i suffered a lot managing home and work and he made problems without any reasons or making big quarrels out of my small cooking mistakes everyday ,
    + dropped me ofc late intentionally +didnt help me in shopping and household chores ..and blaming me for all things
    , As i am from a small town , i couldnt adjust to the metro life initially so i depended on him for many things and above all totures he never helped me in that also ..

Atlast , fortunately or unfortuately he got a short term onsite proj abroad, he intended to take me with him but both parents didnt agree with that ,led to argumets +quarrels and finally he won and i resigned from my job and went with him..

and for the last two yeras i m jobless .. and i forgot to tell you . i am only a graduate and my subject of study is a "scope less" field in this era of IT and management etc... so i wont get job easily .

One more thing , our "husband - wife" relation is only in papers not in bedroom.. after i joined him in bangalore ,1-2 months after marraige , we never had a happy sex life.. only once in 3 -4 months when i get too much impatient and start cryig and quarrelling..i cry ot becos i need sex but by thnkng i lost my personal and professional life

I asked him several times ,wat his real problem is , he told different reasons at different times,like i dun look sexy, my clothes are not appealing , he cant hav sex after quarrel. if not all tehse, he will pretend to be sick , or involove too much in reading or browsing..
    he had told me do not disturb him after dinner becos he want to learn more photography. still it is going on...and my in laws and parents are aware of the situation going on in between us .. they tried their way but futile..

Now my recent problem is , i had applied for another bank job when i was in india 6 months back,now we are in USA, and aftercoming here my husband's behaviour has changed a lot .. but not in bedroom..
    so iam happy 60% ..and i cleraed this bank eax m and i got interview call..Both the parents are forcing me to attend the interview.. when i ask him about going bak for attending the inteviw its bettr to get divorce and leave him than joining the job in my native place . if i get that job imay be posted in my native place only, and there is no transfer possibilities.he says he want both of us stay together. but i thnk ther should be some meaning in staying together like kids having pleasant and satisfied relationship, not 100% but atleast 50%.when i ask him about having kids , he says no.. we dun want kids..they are responsibilty..

My DH is a kid in house responsibilities and both of us know that he cant survive without me.. he admits it partially ,but not fully bcos of EGO..The only thing he does by his own are bathing , shaving and eating .apart from this he needs me..inclduing torturing!!!
    Above all these, i love him ,and i dunt want to cause him harm and more than this i du want to be a burden to my old parents..

so im asking you ladies wat should i do whetehr to attend the interview or not ..Is it a 2nd chance given to me by God to esacpe from this useeless life .

i thnk my DH finds only an unpaid servant + companion /room mate in me , not a wife .or is he utilising me ??

Dear ladies i need suggestion from all of u...pls help me

2. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Leave BOTH PARENTS aside.. MAKE YOUR OWN DECISIONS !

Once you are married, it is always about the 2 of you. If he wants to be with you, he is genuine and being honest !

Do not give decision making to your inlaws or your parents. You both married as adults and not as children, isnt ?

When your marriage looks 60% happy from being 0% happy, do you want to jeorpardise it ? Dont do that. If you could make it happen to 60%.. it is not too long that you get it to 99% !! :)

Dont lose hope.. Stand up for yourself when he tortures you about ANYTHING ! I repeat- anything ! Tell him enough is enough. He needs to grow up and stop talking nonsense about what he ' assumed ' before marriage and feels cheated. He is being silly. Being an educated guy himself, he needs to do his homework before getting married to a bank employee ! Period, If he didnt, it is HIS fault and not yours !

Do some odd jobs here.. since you have banking eperience from India.. see what courses will help you here to do something on the same lines .. Things will work out soon.. do not get upset and be as cheerful as possible !

You say, your hubby is a kiddo.. treat him like one and snub when he throws unnecessary tantrums .. Tell him , when he means LIVING TOGETER in marriage, it means, you need to LIVE AS HUSBAND AND WIFE !
    Intimacy included .. Period. No begging and crying from your side for intimacy.. It is nonsense. You both will live according to each others' personality. Not just you and he brims in glory !

Another thing, it was very wrong on both your parents' to have stpped you from joining your husband when he got a project abroad. How could they ? WHy did they get you both married then ? TO live here and there ?
    For the sake of both of you, keep parents' decisions as suggestions only. DO not let interferenaces get too too much that, it ruins your own thinking ! WHoever, it may come from.

Take care

3. burningsoul

burningsoul New IL'ite

Dear preethi..
    My in laws and parents are too supportive., not even a single problem from my in laws in thises two yeras..im happy .. sometimes i thnk i love my DH only bcos i like his parents very much..

one more thing : my hubby is into implmenataion , so he travles a lot.. but not more than 6 months in a country.. we'l be in US only till ened of this year.Next year may be in another country..thats why the parents did not agree with resigning my job..

I hav tried all the ways talking with him about having kid and normal life: but he will make/direct it into a quarrel .and ends up in 2-3 days silence..:spin so i gave up that idea long back ..i tried differnt ways , like by talking indirectly .. but atalst he will conclude it as i need only sex.. im lust , and i dun need true love ..:bonk..!! we are not lovers to understand the meaning of true love and our life is not a romantic book or poem . life is life..
    when he syas i dun need true love, i dun undestand when in our 2 yars journey he expreesed true love to me.. many times he has threatend me saying the "divorce " word..
    he takes me to everywhere bcos he is an introvert and dun make friends easily so he needs a companion always,, and a cook to serve him, as he doesn't like food from outside ..

im really afraid if he has any problem sexually , i mean any disorder..but i hav no courage to ask him that, once when his father asked him this( they know our problem via my mother)he said nothing .. and behaved as if everything is going normal...
    :drowning.. i dun undertand how to bring my life to normal :drowning

4. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Does he get 'partially' close to you - he himself initiating or do you initiate most of the times? (Kissing, hugging, cuddling) etc.
    Or does he totally just treat you like friend without any touch-contact?

Do you know if he has any medical condition that may be hindering him?

5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

Girl, ( dont want to address you with your username.. )

When I say, keep yours and his parents out of decision making.. doesnt mean, cut ties or be insensitive to them..

It a'int true that when there is undue interferance only then we need to keep decision making to ourselves.. It is always better to keep it to ourselves..

As i said earlier, you need to be stern around this time.. He cannot use the divorce word so loosely ! If he did, you could take it seriously. Period.

You must ask yourself, what you want ? Let us say, you leave now to get back to the nice career that is awaiting you, you know quite well your marriage will be in jeorpardy.. No parents can help then, Girl ! Everyone can talk, talk and talk but what happens will be brunt by you and your husband. Can you handle the 60 % happiness in your marriage disappearing as well ? If yes, and you are done with all trials in your relationship, then go ahead and follow your mind and heart !

But, if you are going back just to escape from this tantrum and mess and assume, that over time hubby will miss you and come behind runnin, then you must also digest the fact that is it a risk. Hope you understand what I say.

You cannot live as a DIL forever ( however much you like his parents ) and not be a wife.. Dont mess it up.

If the next time, he tells you are more to lust than love, ask him to define love ! Say, just because he feels you are no love and full of lust, you cannot change !! He must be glad that you still desire for him after his attitude of turning you down.

Now, he cannot play the fool with your emotions.. Do not get scared when you talk to him ! Marriage is about intimacy as well. He doesnt understand it, then it is his problem. You need to know wether he will get any intimate to you at all ? If his answer is NO.. then tell him.. you have other plans. You will mostly go back and can live a long distance relationship rather than be in with him perosnally and listen to all his silly thoughts !

You have been listening all this while and now CAN HE ?

You need to move on else..

See, when I say, all this, it should be a talk between mature adults ie., you and your hubby. Taking support from parents and siblings or inlaws is all good. But, the decision needs to be yours.

Take a risk, go back.. live a peaceful life for a while and make a calm decision keeping in mind your hubby's behaviour. If he tells you to divorce him before leaving, say, everything is not UPTO him ! You will decide wether you need to divorce him or not. You will get back.

For this long he has been seeing the meek you and not breaking his attitude.. Take a U-turn and show him, you can get weird too !

Sometimes it works.. I pray it does for you !

Take care..

6. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

It looks he is emotionally dependent on you, when you say he is introvert, so it wont be easy seperating either.

Sexually, something is not right, a Man needs it , it has to come from somewhere, he cannot say he is not interested in kids , he committed you, and he has to see your interest too, he treats you like slave it seems. you taking a job would be saying good bye to marriage, but going to native you have to see if its worth, also he wont change until you keep living with him, that also is true, because he would feel you have no way to go, your going can trigger a wake up call too, you say he has changed 60% that means he is capable of changing and realising.. But how are you going to get sexual satisfaction is still a big question , minus which your life will never be normal with him come what may..

7. Tridev

Tridev Silver IL'ite

Perfectly said, one has to be prepared of consequences and then do take such steps, one has to say, I am doing this and am prepared for what happens, worst is if both say that thing, then there is no scope of reconciliation and relation will end....When one person keeps asking divorce the intention may be to instill fear or to bring change in behavior but the same person needs to be prepared that if the other party accepts and says yes I am willing for divorce then the person proposing should not get bounched back.

8. burningsoul

burningsoul New IL'ite

YES sptderman.. all these happens..sometimes he initiates or sometimes i..but he will not allow it to go further. and he doesnt allow me for a lip to lip kiss .(im sorry to say this in open):hide:.. when i am aroused he says.." no....enough.. go and sleep" ..that makes me very angry..

I dont know anythng like a medical condition ...he says he is perfectly alrite ...then wat hinders him i dun knw....

9. SriVidya75

SriVidya75 Platinum IL'ite

Dear

Do you and your husband had ever spoke about what are your goals and interests in life? do you both know what do you want out of this marriage? where do you both see each other down the line?

I disagree if someone says yes husband is like a kid:bonk, we have to train him or persuade him to learn etc..etc..Everyone is an adult when they get married, moreover atleast a man should know what they want to do in marriage i.e do they want to have kids, settle down in life, where in India / US? plan for retirement? taking care of assets etc...In your case your husband doesnt like it if you work or earn money, he made you quit your job, but when it comes to him accepting his responsibility towards his wife and marriage, he acts irresponsible and starts behaivng like a kid this doesnt sound like a good situation at all...

I understand its a tricky situation for you:hide:..if you run away from all this messy situation and go n work in India he may not come back or be intouch with you persuading you to be back in marriage...so did you think of separation? will you be willing to separate then?

why do you want to live in a marriage:spin where the husband doesnt respect his wife and doesnt even know the value of marriage or a companion? he doesnt want the same things as you do...

Its going to be truly surprising...if he comes around...and yes its going to be a happy ending...

However I would also ask you to think :ideaabout what are the things you want in marriage? where do you see yourself down the line? what are your plans for your life? once you figure out these....sit with your husband ask him the same questions...is he having any clue or plan as to what he wants to do with his life?? when does he want kids? where does he want to settle down? India/US? does he ever let you work? would he support you if you want to work in US? what if you guys have to move back to India would he be interested in you working? List your questions, just discuss one at a time...and see what are his responses...

Remember every married couple should have atleast some outline plan on their future...We may not list the date and time..but atleast we should know where we stand now and where we want to go..or else if he is clueless on all this, he wouldnt know why he got married in first place and these fights keep lingering around all the time and there is some struggle for power...which is unknown...

My suggestion would be know what you want? see whether he is on the same page as yours or atleast interested in your ideas / thoughts or if he has a plan for himself and his future and does he see you both in his future plans...this would talk alot about where is your marriage heading.

10. chaand

chaand New IL'ite

I have seen exactly exactly exactly similar situation like urs in one of my friend's life. Look I have a view that if a girl has some intimacy problem then no man on earth wud accept her...and after bearing the problem for a little time...he will start reacting. ..so why not same be with a woman....we also have desires..and specially sex is also an undeniable part of married life. I would suggest u to sit one day and finally ask ur husband one more and final time that what is the problem here...why can't we have a normal married life ?? why are we not intimate?? and be soft while asking...so that he doesn't get reason to fly away the question in a quarrel. And ask him if u really love me then tell me the problem..after all I am ur wife and if there is a medical problem then we'll find some doctor to help us out...but atleast tell me. Because u know this is a problem which u cannot bear all ur life and the more years are passing the more years of ur life u will be wasting. And finally if again he doesn't tell u the problem then I would suggest u to take the matter to parental level. My friend's husband did the same and he didn't accept his medical problem till last moment as he had a huge ego.