Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. Nitheka

Nitheka New IL'ite

Re: Pregnant ... share what do you eat/ate today...

Hi I lites

i am 18 weeks of pregnant and this is my second baby still doesn't feel any movement ..so much worried.......

regards
    nitheka

2. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Hi gals,

Sorry wasn't regular to this thread :hide:

A glass of milk and few dates in the morning

Today i had idli and mango sambar for breakfast...My friend brings me breakfast daily without fail.@home my in-laws dont mind about breakfast, they have bread or opt for brunch,which i cannot imagine @ all...my friend is takig care of me @ work place.she is more than a sister to me .Her MIL cooks @ her home,she is too a generous lady...decides the side-dish for breakfast as per my taste..coz these days i'm unable eat few dishes..lucky isn't it..touchwood

few almonds and peanuts(chikki sweet) around 11-11.30

today brinjal-drumstick curry with tomato rasam for rice

sure would be hungry around 4'o clock so planning to have some juice

buttermilk/curd around 6-6.30

chappathi or dosa for dinner with some simple side-dish

3. TinaRamy

TinaRamy New IL'ite

Hi Cindhuja..looks like a yummy diet..im hungry after readin ur post..:bonk

4. TinaRamy

TinaRamy New IL'ite

Hi Sangeeta
    How are u and how is ur pregnancy going..regarding healthy ready made things i would not b able to help as im not aware wht they sell in the stores at ur place..but try cutting up carrots and keep them in ur fridge..keep alot of fruits around u..so tht when hungry u can just have them right then and there..have sandwiches..so wht u can do is buy some pasturised cheese spread and bread and keep..when ever hungry..just spread some cheese on 2 slices of bread..make them a little hot in the microwave if needed..and u can have them..its easy to make..have some drinks which u mix with milk..in India we have Horlicks for mothers..so these drinks are very filling and gives u everythin u need for the day..

If i get any more ideas..ill let u know..keep smiling..keep enjoyin:thumbsup

5. TinaRamy

TinaRamy New IL'ite

Hi Nitheka..im also pregnant with my 2nd baby..dont worry..its normal..have u spoke to ur GYN..did u do an U/S..

There are many reason y u might not b able to feel ur baby..it can b that ur stomach muscles are strong..or u placenta is in the way and so when ur babys kickin its blockin u from feelin it..this is the most common reason..or else the position of ur baby..ur baby might b kickin u but u might not be feelin it as he/she is kicking u inwards..and wait till 21st to 22nd week..till then its normal not to feel any baby kicks..

But im suggestion is to speak with ur GYN..she will check ur babys heart beat and do an U/S..and she will give u the best advise and answer..:thumbsup

6. lavii

lavii Gold IL'ite

People found this while browsing so thought of sharing this

What is a balanced diet
    [SIZE=-1]During pregnancy, your diet should consist of the following[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]3 helpings of first class proteins[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]2 helpings of vitamin C foods[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]4 helpings of calcium-rich foods (4 during pregnancy, and 5 during lactation)[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]3 helpings of green, leafy and yellow vegetables or fruits[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]½ serving of other fruits and vegetables[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]4-5 helpings of whole grain and complex carbohydrates[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]2 helpings of iron-rich foods[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]8-10 glasses of water[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Vitamin and Folic Acid supplements based on your doctor's recommendation[/SIZE]

What foods contain elements of this balanced diet
    <CENTER><TABLE width="95%" border=1>[SIZE=-1]Source of Nutrition[/SIZE]<CENTER>[SIZE=-1]Foods containing Nutrition[/SIZE]</CENTER>[SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Proteins[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]For vegetarians: paneer, tofu, cheese, yogurt, milk, peas, all kinds of beans and dals, and all kinds of nuts. For non-vegetarians: all types of meats such as beef, pork, poultry, lamb, veal, kidneys and liver; all kinds of fish; and eggs[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Carbohydrates[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Sugar, breads, cereals, rice, potatoes, pastas[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Fats[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Milk, cream, cheese, butter, margarine, cooking oil, cooking fats, mayonnaise, salad dressings, and nuts, bacon, lard.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Vitamin A[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Fish oils, egg yolk, offal, milk, cheese, butter, margarine, fruits like bananas, peaches and apricots, carrots, brussel sprouts, spinach, tomatoes, turnips, beetroots.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Vitamin B1[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Beans, peas, all kinds of nuts, wheat, crude rice, soya bean, yeast, eggs, liver, kidneys, brain, heart, seafoods and fish oils[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Vitamin B2[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]All kinds of meat, liver, kidneys, heart, brains, all kinds of fish, all kinds of nuts, milk, cheese, cream, yeast, whole wheat, peas and beans[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Vitamin C[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]All citric fruits like oranges, tangerines, grapefruit, tomatoes, black currants, melons, and strawberries. Vegetables like cabbage, lettuce, carrots, radish, brussel sprouts, watercress and brocolli. Note that vitamin C gets destroyed on cooking or heating.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Vitamin D[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Fish oils and fish extracts, animal fats and eggs; Milk and milk products like cheese and butter.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Vitamin E[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Wheat germ oil and cotton seed oil. Vitamin E is also present in limited amounts in eggs, milk, butter, cheese, unpolished rise, wholewheat bread and wheat.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Iron[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]All types of meats, especially liver and kidneys. Also found in eggs, spinach, cabbage, brussel sprouts and broccoli.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Calcium[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Milk and milk products like cheese, butter, cream, etc. spinach, broccoli, all kinds of nuts, eggs, and all kinds of fish.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Folic Acid[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Green leafy vegetables, liver and kidneys. Normally also taken as supplement in form of tablet.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Minerals - Phosporus[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Seafoods, cheese, eggs, milk, meat, onions and wholemeal bread.[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Minerals - Copper[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Meat, liver, cheese and beans[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Minerals - Iodine[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]All fish foods and fish extracts[/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE][SIZE=-1] [/SIZE]<TR vAlign=top>[SIZE=-1]Minerals - Manganese[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]Peas, beans, wheat products, green vegetables and animal liver. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=-1]Green leafy vegetables and fruits: Apricots, mango, yellow peaches, papaya, persimmon, pumpkin, beet greens, broccoli or turnip greens, carrots, lettuce, spinach and sweet potatoes.[/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Other fruits and vegetables: apples, asparagus, bananas, bean sprouts, green beans, blackberries, raspberries, brussel sprouts, cherries, grapes, mushrooms, peaches, okra (lady's fingers), parsley, pears, potatoes and pineapple. [/SIZE]

</CENTER><CENTER>
    according to this
    3 helpings of first class proteins
    i am having milk,dal and nuts daily without missing them( i am a veg'an)
    2 helpings of vitamin C foods
    i am having orange daily but carrots occasionally in this group
    4 helpings of calcium-rich foods (4 during pregnancy, and 5 during lactation)
    milk and nuts again
    3 helpings of green, leafy and yellow vegetables or fruits
    ½ serving of other fruits and vegetables
    having apple and some other fruit including orange and ofcourse veggies in lunch/dinner
    4-5 helpings of whole grain and complex carbohydrates
    2 helpings of iron-rich foods
    ocassionally cabbage curry
    8-10 glasses of water
    i drink more than that
    Vitamin and Folic Acid supplements based on your doctor's recommendation
    i was taking them religiously in 1st trim but stopped later should start again :(

</CENTER>

7. rosenav

rosenav Silver IL'ite

and had an english breakfast!!

for lunch Aloo ka pratha..... was heavenly.

8. sweetsangeeta

sweetsangeeta New IL'ite

Hi Cinduja, lucky gal that you have such a caring friend:thumbsup
    Nice diet.

9. sweetsangeeta

sweetsangeeta New IL'ite

Hey Tina , you are such a sweetheart.:kissI will follow you.
    Thank you so much dear.
    Did you find some alternative for raw rice:hide: Please dear do not continue that.I am doing well and you know I felt my baby kick yesterday night.. yeah I am sure that was not gas or burb lol it was my baby who try to mke me attentive towards him/ her .. so sweet .. :biglaugh
    :biglaugh

Hey

10. sweetsangeeta

sweetsangeeta New IL'ite

Thanks much from heart Lavi, These are really useful information. I got the things which I was missing in my diet from you post . Now I really have a nice and healthy diet plan . Thanks again for sharing these facts to us.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 31, 2010