Food Menu During Pregnancy

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by vinitha, Apr 21, 2005.

1. ruchvarsh

ruchvarsh New IL'ite

Check Here : Tips to a healthy diet during Pregnancy

hi,
    i m 7week pregnant and dont feel like eating anything ...all day i feel restlessness weakness vomitting sensations nausea dont understand wat to eat and wat not to eat

all suggestions are welcome plz suggest me .
    i m not staying in india

bye

2. spandhana

spandhana Bronze IL'ite

Re: diet for pregnant women

hi,

let me first congratulate that u were pregnant.i have undergone the same situation.u have to take healthy food this time,if u feel like vomiting most of the time u go for lime pickle or lemon water,sugarcane juice,orange juice. Mostly u eat rotis with good combinational curries(paneer,capsicum) (skip rice at nights).
    sometimes u can have hotel fried rice(as it tastes somewhat good than our home-made),and bla bla bla.........................according to ur tastes and appetite

its easy to give an suggestion,but ur situation might be different(as i have undergone the same problem last year during my pregnancy).I can give u only suggestions and a friendly support

Happy pregnancy
    take care

3. suja6

suja6 New IL'ite

try eating food with ginger chutney it will help you a lot. in early weeks of pregnancy you dont get any particular diet for you. 1 week you may feel one food good and the next week you may not, so try different foods of your taste.
    eat food which is rich in iron like brocolli,jaggery, sugar cane, green dal, soaked and boiled black eyed beans, peanuts roasted,cashews, almonds,corn. and diary products like khova, ghee(helps in development of brain), yogurt, ice cream.

regards,
    suja.

4. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

As far as i have heard from my mom in law, she told me to avoid ginger esp in first trimester, dont know the reason, also avoid sesame seeds.
    And is ghee good for brain development??

5. luckydove

luckydove New IL'ite

ruchvarsh-
    Congrats on your pregnancy..vomiting,nausea are very common during early pregnancy but it will go away as you progress in ur pregnancy, i would suggest you to take fruits/fruit-juice which u like except papaya and pineapple....don't force yourself for the regular meal..if you don't feel like eating, don't skip..take small meals,4-5 times a day or try curd with fruits, try fruit chats, fruit pudding or any other dish you like..but always avoid fried or oily food.and also don;t forget to drink water atleast 6-8 glass everyday

I had the same problem..so I used to substitute my meal with these things.

sanravi -
    Ghee (cow's ghee)- it is generally given after 5th month. as it is very effective for the develpoment of brain also prevents any abnormalaties in growing child..it also prevents anemia in pregnanct lady.

6. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Oh really lucky, i dont know ghee has these effects, i avoid taking it as it might put on weight. Thanks

7. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

foods for brain development

Can i have the list of foods meeded for brain development and intelligence. I read in week guide that at around 24 weeks baby's brain development are rapid. So having these foods might help the baby right.Pls suggest some.
    thanks

8. luckydove

luckydove New IL'ite

Re: foods for brain development

I've heard that food rich in omega3 is very helpful for the development of brain.the natural sources to get omega3 is walnut,walnuts oil, daal like urad and rajma,flaxseed oil,mustard seeds and green leafy vegetable.you can try sea fish..i don know the name of the fish..i'm vegie.
    recently a friend of mine has been suggested by her doctor to take mother horlicks.as it is generally given to the expecting and nursing mother.
    Check out with your doctor.

all the best

1 person likes this.
  9. sanravi_1970

sanravi_1970 Gold IL'ite

Hi
    Even i have read that walnut oil, flax seed oil, walnuts are rich in omega 3 FAs. These stuffs we cant eat regularly wxcept walnut right,so i just want to know some stuffs which we eat regularly.

10. amudha

amudha Senior IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I am a long time member of this site. Came back here and see that there are lots of discussions going on...especially in the pregnancy and parenting section.

I recently delivered a baby, my little one is 4 months old and I think I remember fresh the foods I ate during pregnancy and now during mothering.

Peas is very good for brain development. Other than that any green veggies and leafy veggies, fish (cod liver oil) and walnuts are the best.

Have a happy pregnancy and safe delivery.

Best regards,
    Amudha