Check Here: Early Symptoms of Pregnancy and how to test for it!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by Niveditha, Oct 19, 2005.

1. cool100

cool100 New IL'ite

Re: pls advise

Hey Buddi,

congrats and I hope u guessed who I am ? ok now tell me how arre you buddy u r there all alone n v r worried about u anyhow don worry about insurance and all everythin will b ok very soon eat good food watch sum nice movies and sleep well this is all i wud advice u and the most imp thing is never n never skip ur breakfast darling its very very imp.

have lots of fruits (u get very fresh fruits in US) so have lots of lots of them n see u will give a baby looking like an apple :rotfl

what more c u next time bye

take care
    urs.......

cool100

2. Harpa

Harpa New IL'ite

Need Help with prenatal vitamins

Hi

I am new to this forum, in fact my first post... as a frequent visitor for quite few weeks, the support i found in this forum to other ladies is awesome :thumbsup... So now i'm here for my bit of contribution too.

I'm 25 weeks pregnant and I've a question on prenatal vitamins....I have been taking Stuart prenatal vitamins for 3months now but recently i have thought of switching to the one with fish oil supplement, want to know if anyone tried Nature Made Prenatal Multi Plus DHA Liquid Softgel, is it safe to switch to these tabs.

Any help is appreciated. :)

3. pratibha1616

pratibha1616 Senior IL'ite

Re: Need Help with prenatal vitamins

Dear Harpa,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. For prenatal vitamins its better to consult with your doctor as everybody's body type and pregnancy is different.
    TC

4. Harpa

Harpa New IL'ite

I've asked my Doc and she asked me to go for any prenatal we get over the counter, she didn't have specific brand in mind.

5. pratibha1616

pratibha1616 Senior IL'ite

Your are in 25th week, so you will require calcium, iron, Vitamin D and folic. I don't know the brands available in US.

6. Harpa

Harpa New IL'ite

Thanks for the quick responses pratibha

Here is the ingredients list for the Nature Made® Prenatal Multi + DHA

Serving Size: 1 Softgel
    Amount Per Softgel - % Daily Value for Pregnant Women:
    Calories 10, Total Fat 0.5 g, Total Carbohydrates 0.5 g, Vitamin A 4000 I.U. - 50% (100% as Beta Carotene), Vitamin C 100 mg - 167%, Vitamin D3 400 I.U. - 100%, Vitamin E 11 I.U. - 37%, Thiamin 1.5 mg - 88%, Riboflavin 1.7 mg - 85%, Niacin 18 mg - 90%, Vitamin B6 2.6 mg - 104%, Folic Acid 800 mcg - 100%, Vitamin B12 4 mcg - 50%, Calcium 150 mg - 12%, Iron 27 mg - 150%, Zinc 25 mg - 167%, Omega-3 Fatty Acids 228 mg - *, Docosahexaenoic Acid (DHA) 200 mg - *, Eicosapentaenoic Acid (EPA) 28 mg - *.
    Ingredients:
    Fish Oil, Calcium Carbonate, Gelatin, Soybean Oil, Ascorbic Acid, Water, Ferrous Fumarate, Glycerin, Zinc Oxide, Niacinamide, Soy Lecithin, dl-Alpha Tocopheryl Acetate, Yellow Beeswax, Titanium Dioxide (artificial color), Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Thiamin Mononitrate, Beta Carotene, Riboflavin, Red 40, Folic Acid, Yellow 6, Blue 1, Cyanocobalamin, Cod Liver Oil, Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol).
    Contains: Fish (Anchovy, Sardine, Cod)

My main concern here is the fish oil used.... i'm ok with Anchovy, Sardine as they are oily fish... how about Cod? Is it safe for the baby?

Pls advice.

7. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

Hi,

I have heard that those ones have alot of artificial ingredients in them .. they also have artificial colors..

I use rainbow light - prenatal one a day.. & I take DHA suppliment

Last edited: Apr 27, 2010
  8. Harpa

Harpa New IL'ite

Thanks Devika i guess u r right and so i would stick back to my old prenatal which is stuart...
    May i ask which DHA supplement u r using, i plan to start with one in my 3rd trimester.

9. cutekid

cutekid Silver IL'ite

Hi Harpa,
    U can check the brand name with ur US friends.But you need to talk DHA from 3 months onwards.So do not delay till third trimester.
    My dr. has not presribed any calcium as it can be fulfilled with 2 glass of milk.But I do take Vitamin+Iron suppliment+Folic acid in one tablet called Obimin.
    And DHA softgel capsule called Neurogain.Mederis Sdn Bhd

10. Harpa

Harpa New IL'ite

Hey Cutekid,

Thanks for the info, the thing is i've been concentrating on my omega-3 intake from food rather than supplements all these days.. but have read in a pregnancy book that the last 3 months and the early 3 months of the born baby is the most important time for the brain development, and so thought to shift to supplements to have a regular intake... guess i have to check with some brands here.

Thanks Again :)