Starting an online

Discussion in 'Entrepreneurship' started by nituentrpr, Feb 26, 2010.

1. nituentrpr

nituentrpr New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    Let me introduce myself.i am from india right now on h4 in US.i have been doing research on various ways in which i can start a business of my interest.finally as a first step i have decided to sell salwar on ebay. i read my threads in this forum and found there are many successful enterpreuner in IL.i have many queries regarding my plans.

1.What are the legal issues that will arise if i try to do selling of products online.is it allowed on my visa status.i will be using my husbands credit card and checking account.he will be applying for green card within 3 months ,so i hope i get a ead status.should i be waiting till that time.

2.how will i get in touch with a wholesaler who can provide the required suff for my selling.i intend to have a fair amount of products with me to start off with :intialy selling on ebay and then maybe an own site.

3.my products are women apparel and women fashion accesoories. so is anyone in this field already ?? any tips?

4.i did a online search of wholesalers and came across a large number of sites for b2b.are they trustful ones? what other method should i be using to get in touch with a wholesaler for business.i will need some kind of imoprting to be done from india for my sale here.

i hope that i get replies ,guidance and suggestions to this dream of mine.

Thanks
    nitu.

2. nituentrpr

nituentrpr New IL'ite

Re: Starting an online business

its so sad... i have not got replies :) through the threads i met many ladies who have flourishing business...wish someone had cleared my doubts :(

3. jaynash

jaynash Senior IL'ite

hi nitu

Congrats on your idea of starting a business. Selling your product on ebay.com is not a problem if u hold an h4 visa. u can very well sell your products. Only ur not supposed to work under somebody if u hold an h4 visa.

But i think u should have a bank account if selling through ebay. Because i am selling few of my products through ebay india and i gave my bank a/c when i registered through ebay. Anyway just verify with ebay people about that alone. You can open a bank account even if u hold an h4 visa and i can help you with women apparels and accessories.

Thank you
    Jay.