1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Recommendations/Review for Shampoos & Conditioners

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by blueygirls, Feb 25, 2007.

Rate this discussion.

1. Excellent

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Good

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Fair

50.0%
  4. Bad

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Poor

50.0%
  1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Re: Best Herbal Shampoo

Hi RG,

I am using Nyle shampoo..since i faced severe hair loss with himalayas..

As of now hair loss is better..but it hasn't stopped completely...

frequent change of shampoos and tooth pastes are not good for our body..so i stopped experimenting and continuing with nyle..sometimes our stress can also be a reason for hair loss so i believe it :)

Heard good reviews about Oriflame shampoo..have any of you used it???

Sure it is expensive..but is it worth??

2. rajalakshmigopal

rajalakshmigopal Gold IL'ite

Cindhuja,

Iam using Oriflame Shampoo right now.You will have so many options based on hair type.

My personal experience: Iam not so satisfied with oriflame shampoo.Hence I started to use Meera Shikakai on one day and shampoo the next day.

Hair fall will never stop for people with hormonal imbalance.

1 person likes this.
  3. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

Hi to all: care to check out my simple tip: (for hair fall and maintaining long beautiful hair)
    1. Massage extra virgin coconut oil on your remaining hair and scalp (make sure that it penetrates your scalp) just massage, never use comb..
    2. wrap it with hot towel then cover with shower cap
    3. rinse off with a little shampoo and lots of conditioner (preferably one w/ coco milk)
    4. PAT dry your hair, never rub with towel...
    5. use wide tooth comb till it gets a bit dry...no irons or blow dryer pls...
    With this, im sure you'll regain strength for remaining hair and eliminate hair loss...
    hope this helps...give me a feedback or you can also visit besthairlosstreatment for more infos... :thumbsup

4. dale91

dale91 Senior IL'ite

Re: Good Shampoo ?

If there is no immediate problem then i suggest that you should not change your shampoo...if she wants to care more for her hair, she can follow my tip:
    1. Massage extra virgin coconut oil on your remaining hair and scalp (make sure that it penetrates your scalp) just massage, never use comb..
    2. wrap it with hot towel then cover with shower cap
    3. rinse off with a little shampoo and lots of conditioner (preferably one w/ coco milk)
    4. PAT dry your hair, never rub with towel...
    5. use wide tooth comb till it gets a bit dry...no irons or blow dryer pls...
    With this, im sure you'll regain strength for remaining hair and eliminate hair loss...hope this helps...give me a feedback then or visit pages about besthairlosstreatments :thumbsup

5. keerthirani

keerthirani Senior IL'ite

Good Shampoo for curly dry and frizzy hair...

Friends...
    mine is a bit curly dry and frizzy hair...i really dont like curly hair.. and want to make it smooth and silky... presently using dove dry therapy but i am not satisfied with it...
    can you please suggest me good shampoo and conditioner for my hair.... is it ok if we go for non herbal shampoos.. i generally prefer herbal ones... please suggest me friends....
    and one more query is.. am not used to conditioner previously, started very recently... am not understanding the correct way ... shall we wipe it with towel after finishing head bath? will that conditioner wipe away? can you please tell me how to use conditioner properly and what quantity also...
    .but totally confused about shampoo and conditioner for my hair...
    thank you..
    With Love
    Keerthi....

6. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Re: Good Shampoo for curly dry and frizzy hair...

hi

even i have curly and frizzy hair. after lots of experimentation i have found that finesse shampoo suits my hair just fine. I t may vary from person to person.
    When I used wella and pantene , I suffered from dandruff problem. So now I stick to finesse.
    As far as conditioner is concerned , after shampoooing just squeeze excess water fro hair and apply conditioner , quantity should be such that leaving the scalp you have to apply throughout your hair.
    u should not apply conditioner on your scalp.
    leave it fora a minute and thnen was thoroughly.

after drying your hair(do not use a dryer) , apply a hair serum to block the moisture in your hair . like livon or any other brand.
    this routine has worked for me and though frizzy hair can never become straight, it has become far more manageable and soft.
    I use organix conditioner.
    hope this helps

7. Prettina

Prettina Gold IL'ite

hi
    like you people i too got the same frizzy type hair..

I use dove shampoo and conditioner the dry therapy one

and pantene leave on conditioner..

And april first time im hearing these brands said by you..

8. Callidora

Callidora New IL'ite

Hi Keerthirani,

I too have have wavy and dry hair and I use Lotus OliveClean and Olive conditioner. It really works out for me. The conditioner is just too good. It really makes my hair smooth and soft without any tangles. Actually, Lotus has a variety of shampoos for different kinds of hair and its very affordable, i guess just 135 bucks and conditioner 99 but i got the conditioner free with the shampoo from a Health and Glow outlet :)

There are leave-in conditioners as well as conditioners which you have to wash away.

Leave-in conditioners can be applied after you towel dry your hair.

For the regular ones, after you apply your shampoo, rinse off the shampoo and squeeze out the excess water. The quantity will depend upon the length of your hair. For shoulder length hair, just squeeze out a dime size and apply on the hair. Please be careful not to apply on the scalp and leave it for a minute and wash off with water. Its so simple!!! :)

9. ShwetaK

ShwetaK New IL'ite

Hi,

I'm used Matrix anti dandruff shampoo n conditioner for first time; and believe me it gave me really really good result.

My hair was too dry and dull but after applying shampoo n conditioner my hair becomes so soft n shinny

Anyone here who experience same??

plz reply

10. ShwetaK

ShwetaK New IL'ite

Hi

some time ago I also suffering from same issue of hairs

But I went for hair treatment and my beautician suggest me to use Matrix anti dandruff shampoo n conditioner

And it really makes my hair silky n soft

you can alos try this..