September 2010 mommies :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by DevikaS, Feb 4, 2010.

1. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

Hi IL's

Its nice to join sept 2010 due date club..i am currently in my 9th week..i have morning sickness and total food aversion..no vomittings except for the stomach acid which i vomit everyday morning(yellow yucky smelling thing)..when i searched on the internet i found out that it is very much normal in the first trimester..it seems we can nibble some crackers before getting out of bed..but how do we eat before brushing? i just cant do that because i am one such person who doesnt even talk without brushing:) so how do you guys manage? i have my first doctor appointment next week..so i am pretty excited about that! what tests would they do in our first visit? will they check the heartbeat now? i know there are lots of questions in my post but just hopeful that IL's would reply..please let me know..thanks in advance:)

2. jaimatadi123

jaimatadi123 Senior IL'ite

hi,

hope you doing fine... welcome to the CLUB lol
    Im in the same boat cant eat anythng besides banana rice and curd. that also once a day. but the doc said dont worry coz your body has the nutrients to give the baby as he is so small now.
    Your first appointment the doc will ask your family history any allergies etc and do a scan u may be able to see a tiny lil 2 cm long baby..
    :)
    havnt you been to any doc yet? have you started taking folic acid tablets?
    tc, and let us know the update

lotsa luv n wishes

3. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

hi jaimatadi123

thank you so much for replying:) the first time i went to the doctor was when they said i am pregnant after testing my urine..that is when i was 4 weeks..then when i called them they told me that i can get an appointment only next week..that is when i am abt 9w 4d counting frm the first day of my last mp.i had a feeling that it is very late for the first visit but they said this is how they do for new patients:( so i am just waiting for my doc visit:) :) also i have been regularly taking folic acid..

4. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Sangeetha-3rd Sep
    Madhuri-12th Sep
    ProReal-12th Sep : Thinking PINK
    Anagha-12th Sep
    RadhaRaj-17th Sep : Thinking PINK
    Devika-18th Sep : Its a SURPRISE
    Jaimatadi-18 Sep : Thinking PINK
    Marina-20th Sep : Thinking PINK
    RP-24th Sep : Thinking PINK
    Vini-29th Sep

Hello Ladies,
    So I had my second appointment today. I had my first one at 6w1d. Today they did a transvaginal ultrasound and I heard the heartbeat through the doppler. So sweet :)
    My Gynaec then told me that we will be meeting every 4 weeks going forward, asked me to do some kind of exercise :hide: , asked about our family history, explained my ultrasound to me.. (I have some fibroids probably) and gave me a bag of pregnancy goodies :) Well books and stuff.
    They also explained the tests that are optional like the test for Down's syndrome and another for cystic fibroids. I opted to take both...
    She then did a vaginal and breast exam.. and asked me to do a few more blood tests.

Thats how it went.. :) oh ya, she gave me a prescription for nausea though I dont have too much like you gals do.

5. ProReal

ProReal Senior IL'ite

Btw, just wanted to add my Gynaec said that having vitamin B6 would deeply reduce the nausea feeling. You gals should check with your oncall doctor and take that... she suggested a 100mg of B6 vitamin and folic acid. No need to take prenatal multivitamin in the next few days.

6. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

hi all,

i went to have an ultrasound yest and i could see the tiny being flicking.wowwww an amazing feeling..but the doc didn't hear the beat thro doppler. maybe it will take still more weeks.

7. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

So cute.. i didnt hear the heart beat too.. but we saw it beating on the screen.. it was GREATT!!!

8. MonicaBalaji

MonicaBalaji New IL'ite

Dear Devika & Marina & sep10 mommies,

Simply dropped by to wish you ladies. :cheers
    Hearty Congratulations! Enjoy your pregnancy.
    Wish you a very safe delivery.

Take care,
    Monica Balaji

Last edited: Feb 19, 2010
  9. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cool,
    Welcome to Indus ladies. :) You can find our forum guidelines here....

Congrats on your pregnancy.
    Enjoy your pregnancy.:cheers

10. DevikaS

DevikaS Senior IL'ite

ladies with extreme vomiting.. make sure you are brushing your teeth immediatly after each vomiting.. or get a special mouthwash from your dentist.. I have read on some forums that ladies get really really bad cavities & dental problems because all the stomach acids that ruin the teeth & gums..