1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An understanding sister or a protective brother ???

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Deepali_deepali, Feb 6, 2010.

1. reach

reach New IL'ite

I love both my sisters equally. I share everything with them, especially the one elder to me. She has been a strong support and pillar for me since childhood. My younger sister is the most pampered one, but she never misses to pamper me and act as an elder sister to me when she gets a chance. She finds immense pleasure in giving ideas/suggestions to me, n i admit, i really like her ideas and suggestions. I have had best childhood memories with both of them.
    Even now, I call them daily and talk for hours. We have had our share of fights during childhood, but not anymore. I am blessed to have sisters like them who are selfless, supportive, sharing, caring, loving... running out of superlatives.

2. aruna_077

aruna_077 Senior IL'ite

Hi deeps,

I have just a younger brother who is like 5 and a half yrs younger to me. So, from the beginning I am very motherly to him.. My dad always used to say to my bro - tat after my parents I am his mother..

We grew up fighting all the time.. Now that am married, we hardly get to be in touch. But he and my dh hv lots of fun - since my dh is the only son ans got no siblings!

But once in a while, he does pour out his heart to me!

-Aruna

3. Deepali_deepali

Deepali_deepali Gold IL'ite

Dear Anu,

God really loves you as he has blessed you with not one but two sisters..

Thanks for stepping in and sharing your feelings here. Thanks again for writing..

4. Deepali_deepali

Dear Aruna,

I know how it feels when you see your brother and DH having good relations and when they have fun together..

Thanks for stepping in..

5. Deepali_deepali

Hi,

The relation we have with oue siblings during childhood days changes when we grow up and it again changes when we get married.. I felt so in each phase and it was more with my brother in comparison to my sis..

Does it happened with you too ??

6. Deepali_deepali

Happy holi to all of you.. May our lives be filled with all the beautiful colours of life...

7. Deepali_deepali

Hi friends,

After marriage, with each passing year I am experiencing my sister getting closer and brother becoming formal.. There are numbers of situations where my sis understood and handled the things better inspite of being the youngest among us while my brother misunderstood inspite I told him how to handle the situation..

Sometimes, this makes me really upset..

8. Anabika

Anabika Silver IL'ite

Dear Deepali,

I would go for "Sister" anytime. I have only one elder sister and we both are best friends. I never longed for a brother in my life. I have seen my cousin being over protective of his sister and she hated that. It might be because of that. I am happy in a way that I don't have another one to share my sister's love :bonk.

Anabika

9. Deepali_deepali

hi anabika,

Thanks for your reply. I understand from all the replies that sisters are more loving, caring and with them we can share more.

10. SujathaR

SujathaR Gold IL'ite

Its easy to share everything between sisters.. but now with brothers..

Brothers too can't share all with sisters..