Price Increase - How to minimize the impact

Discussion in 'Hyderabad' started by shree2010, Jan 16, 2010.

1. shree2010

shree2010 New IL'ite

Hi All,

In the last one year, the prices of vegetables & commodities have increased drastically. This definitely affects each of us in a big way. The idea of starting this thread is to share best practices adopted by several of us to minimize the impact.

Let me start with sharing what I have done

Started buying rice, cereals & pulses in bulk (from wholesalers) - This has resulted in a saving of atleast 15% in one year.
    Stopped vegetables shopping in super markets. I now buy it only from Raithu Bazaar or Monda market. Couple of advantages - the vegetables are fresh and cheaper.

We cannot do much to reduce the prices, however we can atleast minimize the impact by sharing the best practices.

Hopefully you will find this useful. Please do share you thoughts.

2. lathaa

lathaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shree,

Very apt topic for the on going sky rocketing prices from petrol,cooking gas,pulses,rice to Gold:)

I follow these,

Not to waste the food,water - I follow this religiously,quite effective.

Not to splurge on clothes,accessories.

Vegetables from raithu bazaar are the freshest else near by local veg vendor is also fine.

Won't use vehicle for nearby places,can go for a walk which saves petrol,less pollution and good for health.

3. shree2010

shree2010 New IL'ite

Thanks Laatha for sharing. There are atleast 2 take aways for me from your posting....