Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 3)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Jun 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom_of_2boys

mom_of_2boys Silver IL'ite

dearest chitra mami

yesterday i tried jain chole. had pumpkin, cabbage and chick peas, so decided to do it.. hmm... will u be offended if i say, it was not the absolute favorite at our house ? i didnt seem to mind it so much but DH felt, the taste of pumpkin was lost in the masala, of course taste differs from person to person.

night also made keerai sambar with one special chinese keerai. came out quite good.

Uma, thanks for the pointer. I will go to TJ and look for it.

luvs
    shyamals.

2. Nitha J

Nitha J IL Hall of Fame

Dear chitra madam;
    I am not very knowledgable in "tofu section":hide:. In the stores here; it will be seperately mentioned as silken and regular, and most of then will also have the numbers (denoting soft to extra firm). Silken will be very soft; vacuum packed. Here is an article I googled; maybe it will help you Silken Tofu and Regular Tofu - Different Types of Tofu - Kinds of Tofu - Soft tofu - Firm tofu - Silken tofu

-Nitha

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear S-s, of all gravies, why did you try it, I wonder. From what I read, you are all onion lovers! this is for non-onion eaters ONLY!:biggrin2:
    You seem to be getting more keerai varieties there!!
    Thanks & love,
    Chithra.

4. chidambaripanyam

chidambaripanyam Senior IL'ite

Dear Madam

Happy pongal to you.

I am very glad to inform you that your suggestion for setting correct curd in A/c Room
    worked out very well. Thankyou so much madam.

I have tried few recipes from last few days.
    Kovil Dosai: It was so soft and very tasty.
    GHEE RICE: A very tasty rice dish .We had it with veg kurma. Tasted very well.
    PANCHAVATI DHAL: A good side dish with roti. It tasted very well without using garam masala and chilli powder.
    BABY CORN ROAST: A good snack. Tasted very well.
    SEMIYA KESARI: Excellent kesari. A good kesari with using less ghee.
    ALU MASALA BATH: A good tasty rice dish.
    METHI RICE: A very tasty rice dish. I tried Kalantha Sadam type.
    CARAMEL PAYASAM: today i tried this payasam. Looks like jaggery based payasam until we taste it. A very good and quick payasam .

Thankyou so much for sharing these with us .

with best regards

Last edited: Jan 13, 2010
  5. shyamalashiva

shyamalashiva Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma,

Wish you a very happy, healthy and interesting NEW YEAR 2010. Sorry for the belated wishes .. just have got into too many things at the moment. BUT it is still true that I have never passed a day without thinking about YOU.. Im yet to look into all the recipes you have posted after the new sub forum.. but I hope to get thru soon. I know im missing a lot..just hope eveything settles soon to indulge myself again at ASK CHITVISH!

Happy Pongal mam..

Take care!!

Love
    Shyamala

6. sigmabeta

sigmabeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Mathashri,

I am still up working on a some code and waiting for my DH to be back from work. I thought I'll take a mid nite break at IL :).

FB for a bunch of dishes made last week:
    1. Mint rasam - It was simple and yummy, especially the mint sauteed in ghee part.
    2. Ginger kuzhambu - I think i added a bit too much ginger, so it had a slight bitter/strong flavour. But it was a good combo with rice.
    3. Chennai-channa kuzhambu - yummy and wholesome. It made my work easy, as it was poriyal - kutaan two in one !!
    4. Onion Theeyal - yummy yummy. It is nice to indulge in coconut once a while!
    5. Peanut stir fry rice - Woah, I loved this one the best of the above lot. It was really delicious. Had it with raita.

Also tried making paneer with one packet of milk.. its come out well, though its very little quantity as I tried with half liter for starters.

Happy Pongal to you and everyone at home. Happy Pongal to every one at IL

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
  7. nithya1607

nithya1607 Senior IL'ite

Hello Mami,
    Made paruppu poli toay and it was awesome. I was actually expecting you will have some new release of poli :D But then last year I made beetroot and dry fruits, so wanted the traditional one this time. It was terrific, my lil one also loved it :) Wish you and everyone at IL a fantastic Pongal and Kanu!

Cheers,
    Nithya

8. pixelarch

pixelarch Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitramma

FB for dinner last night...

Made Garlic kadhi as it has become so popular recently :)
    It was a bit different from the regular gujrati kadhi i make often due to the garlicy taste. Tasted very good with jeera rice and mattar paneer. Here the american garlic pods are huge and hence i reduced accordingly.

Jeera Rice, Mattar Paneer was awesome. I ground the mixture and followed your recipe exactly except for coconut
    We had second and half servings too :):):)
    Dh says " this is the problem with making tasty dishes , we are tempted to eat more "

Since we are getting health conscious, addition of yoghurt is a healthier option than cream thats used in restaurants

Thanks and Love
    P

9. nimmisrinath

nimmisrinath Senior IL'ite

hai chitra aunty,
    Happy New Year to you and family members. Sorry for the late reply. had probs with internet.I tried a sweeet made with ovaltine (sweets section )and condensed milk it came out well , infact it was a bit too soft the taste was real good.
    Aunty I also tried pudina naan last week in tawa. Had made chole along with it. It was also a success. Can you tell me if nan can be made in the oven grill,if so what would be the temperature settings and for how long will I have to keep it..
    i also made caramel pori,but the pori was not that crisp
    I have been making bun very often now (spicy bun receipe) It has become a favourite with the kiddos now. It comes out real soft and yummy :thumbsup
    will come back with more fbs soon.
    Happy pongal

thanks
    nimmi

10. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Jaggery sago payasam.

HI Mrs.C,

Being Bhogi, tried out the above as I am a great lover of any form of sago payasam, yes, believe me...Though a simple one, the taste was more than decent and yum. Cooking sago is not that easy atleast to me, so, special thanks for the same as got a perfect cooked payasam!!

Forgot to say, happened to taste poli at my friend's place, tasted and smelt something very great. Then, came to know that she added pachai karpooram to the pooranam!!! just thought of sharing it with you.

Bye.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.