1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ideas to encourage to quit smoking

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by lajjanarain, Dec 20, 2009.

1. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I always had this question in my mind..

I hate the cigg smoke a lot.
    I hate those who smokes in the building LIFTs
    I hate those who smokes in their car(I hate to get into such cars even later)
    I hate to enter into my office building which got some entry points with the permission to smoke outside..

given all these.. my question for years has been.. "How does the wife(as a matter of fact, a spouse) of a smoker accepts him close to her in the intimate times :) ? ". I cant even take the place where some one had smoke before...

makes any sense?

2. anjo

anjo Junior IL'ite

Hi Lajjanarain,
    Advance sorry for long post:bowdown
    I will give a good idea which I did for my boyfriend…….til today he never smoke and he hate if people are smoking.:thumbsup

Here is the story
    Actually he is a chain smoker…….he start smoking when he was 10 years old (influence by his elder brother) until 32 years old (2 years back)….now he is 34 years old and He stops smoking completely.
    First first when I start to love him I really don’t care about this smoking habit ….but after few years I feel that he just wasting money for buying cigarette, he spend RM12 (per day) so I was thinking how to stop …1<SUP>st</SUP> attempt - I start talk to him said that I don’t like the smell of cigarette but he not listen, 2<SUP>nd</SUP> attempt - I start fight with him because of this cigarette he not listen too, 3<SUP>rd</SUP> attempt - I said if u smoke in front of me I will leave u and I don’t want u (for this 3<SUP>rd</SUP> attempt he really listen a bit never smoke in front of me or when I with him) im happy but im thinking why not I can’t help him to stop completely. 4<SUP>th</SUP> attempt - is whenever he take out cigarette to smoke I also will take one from the same box and threaten him “ if u smoke I too will smoke….how u want to see u girl friend smoking” he know whatever I said I will do it. Every time make him tension. Finally he give up and promise me to stop smoking.

(with friends advice)I bring to pharmacy to buy Nicotine chew gum(can buy in any pharmacy in your country) So whenever your husband feel that wan to smoke ask him to take this chew gum…..its really work out for my boyfriend
    First first when he take the nicotine chew gum, he just smoke 4 cigarette per day ……later on reduce to 2, 1 and after 3 weeks…..he just stop smoking completely.
    Now he really look healthy then before and gain weight too before he is 45kg and now is 60kg.

Hopefully workout for your husband.

Anjo

1 person likes this.
  3. drmchsraj

drmchsraj New IL'ite

...and remind to tell him he is getting weaker and weaker in bed and that it'd be nice to see the old bull he was when you started your marriage etc. and that you can sense his muscles weakening (not in the bedroom, but things in general!) whenever he has to do something heavy. but be very nice about how you word it... sound like 'its ok if you cant quit smoking, i had a good tiem with you the first few years and that you'd still respect and love him even in this "weakening" "condition"
    that will put a scare in him and that is usually how things begin to change/change begins - the fastest way ;)

4. tanid

tanid New IL'ite

Hi
    just want to put down my experience. My hubby just like most said he will stop after wedding...but coudnt in the beginning...he wasnt allowed to smoke in the house only in the bathroom ... and I was very clear that we are going to try for a baby only 6 months after he quits because i dont want our kid to be formed by weak sperms... yep i was pretty adamant... and he just stopped one day ....mind u my husband is quite an irrational guy and it took a lot of convincing loads of crying tantrums ...no talking for days ...extreme measures...(my in laws knew why we werent trying for a baby...lol)....no kisses nothing if he smokes...well he eventually got the point that it would be hell for him if he didnt quit...and he 's now very happy that he quit...and oh he also quit drinking at the same time not that it was an issue with me...but well its like buy one get one free for me...lol..
    All i can say is persevere....nag torture...whatever..its worth it...afterall we do want to grow old with our hubbies!

theres soo much change in him now....no more stinking clothes....he#s calmer and has become a fitness freak....and its nice to kiss him now..lol
    cheers
    mum of sweet lil girl

5. healthonmove

healthonmove Gold IL'ite

Tell him... Each cigarette contains about 7000 chemicals, many of which are poisonous and about 70 cause cancer. Every time you inhale smoke from a cigarette, small amounts of these chemicals get into your blood through your lungs. Imaging what it would be doing to his lungs..

It’s a big mind game; All smokers know there are helpful methods to stop smoking. Make sure you don't ignore the strong physical addictions, as they are very real.

Though there are many tips and techniques for quitting smoking, but not all of them work for everyone. So you need to do your own research so that you can find out how many quit smoking techniques there are. Contact your doctor to help you find your “Quitting method”.

1 person likes this.