1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Your first love to your spouse....

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by strangegirl, Jul 11, 2013.

1. strangegirl

strangegirl Silver IL'ite

On a lighter note, I just wish to take all of you to a romantic mood.:coffee

It doesn't matter how old you are, or how long since you are married. All what matter is to keep reminding the most beautiful moments of your life... Cherishing it, and celebrating it. :party

This helps a lot in rebuilding your relationship with your spouse no matter how fragile it is now. I am sure, you will definitely see a positive change either in you or in your spouse soon. :thumbsup

Ok.. coming to the topic now:cheers

Tell me about your love story in a few lines.:cheers

When did you meet your Mr. Right, and how did you feel about it.
    How do you feel right now about your choice?:thumbsup or Witsend

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013

2. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Re: Your first love

Hi,

You may want to change the thread title??? Cos reading just the title I thought the topic was about our FIRST love only, like the puppy love or crushes we had in school. Like in my case I immediately remembered my first ever crush I had in school, and I liked him because he used to dance well!!! Crazy school days huh!? :hide: :bonk

BTW, I have already shared my love story as a blog A facebook love story. And I do feel :thumbsup about my choice! :)

4 people like this.
  3. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Yeah me too..I that we are supposed to talk abt our first crush or love...dh shld be my last love (well hopefully).

3 people like this.
  4. strangegirl

Well, starting it from my own story

I met him in a coffee shop near to our college in 2004. We used to go there since we hated our canteen coffee that much, and sometimes it was also refreshing to sit outside of your college.

I occasionally see him working as a waiter there, liked his handsome looks, and my friends used to tease me for falling for a road side guy despite of my rich background. But I never fell for him nor did I have interest on him. Just liked him for his looks only.

Not even once he noticed me during all those months despite of our secret hints and giggles at him. That in fact attracted me the most.

One day, for a change when I took a bus (I usually go to college by car or my dad pick me up most of the time) from my college to home I also met this guy siting in a seat, and offered that seat for me. Then eventually he sat next to me when other passenger got down from the bus at his stop.

We traveled together for nearly 45 mins from that point, and had a very open but general discussion. That very moment made us become best friends, catching up on a regular basis after my college times, and spending some quality times together.

I helped him through my dad to find a good job in a firm (as he had completed Bsc then) and then helped him to complete his Msc too. He was with me during all these while as a best buddy but just as a friend.

In 2007, when my dad decided to marry me off to some guy from Australia, I started missing him so badly even though he was with me all the time.
    That very missing feeling reminded me the word called LOVE. Yes, that's where I've fallen for him.. his qualities, and everything.

I proposed to him. He initially rejected citing so much of reasons, mainly he doesn't want to disappoint my dad. But I was too adamant in getting him, and one fine day he openly agreed and expressed his love for me.

I felt extremely happy to hear that he had fallen for me when we were travelling in that bus together on 31 Oct 2004 itself, but hided everything within him by thinking he can't be a good husband to a girl like me.

With the blessings of both parents, we got married in late 2007, and now living happily with a child.

Despite of various hiccups, I still find my love in the heights of everything as it is very powerful to bring our hearts together no matter how we distanced from each other.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    3 people like this.
  5. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

very nice love story strangegirl. may god bless both of u and ur offsprings always.

mine was very modern love story yet old fashion. we meet online via chatting in 1999 and met in person after a year. after we met for the first time, we stopped chatting online altogether and only chat on phone. and we seldom meet because of the distant and both of us liked each other but didnt propose.
    there was once i sent him e-card with loving msg but he didnt reply, so i thought he is not interested with me and changed my mind. and finally on my last day in campus in 2004 he proposed to me ( he is 3 yrs elder to me and already started working). he said he liked me from the first meeting but didnt propose because he wanted to find a job and get stable in life first. and he had the thinking that if both of us meant to be together it will happen.
    since i have changed my mind about him i cudnt accept his love, but after lots of crying and begging and knee down proposing i accepted him. we got married in 2008 and now we have 2 chutty boys.

it has been 13 ++years since i know him. i cant believe it has been such a long time ago since our first meeting.

1 person likes this.
  6. Twinkel

Twinkel Platinum IL'ite

In my case, falling in love was not an incident. It happened gradually. I never knew when I fell for him so much and when did the "process" begin. Mine is arranged marriage and its been 7 months. I know him since 15 months though....

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  7. strangegirl

Thanks for sharing your story... it's interesting

Similar thing happened in our case too... On the valentines of 2005, when I sent him a friendship SMS he didn't reply for the whole day. Didn't even pick the call as if he was offended with that SMS, which was partly love, partly friendship message. You know, even if someone rejects, you can still escape saying it was a friendship SMS.

But later confessed as he was totally disturbed looking at my message, since he loved me but felt he should never propose his love to me as he thought that I treat him as a best friend only. He felt so upset for whatever the reasons, although tempted to reply, he somewhat hided his feelings.

Those long hide and seek days were superb..

2 people like this.
  8. Titanium001

Titanium001 Silver IL'ite

I got your post totally wrong...going by the title of your post, I thought this was a post about making love for the first time to our spouse...sorry, my naughty mind is at work all the time:)

2 people like this.
  9. nemesis

nemesis Platinum IL'ite

I literally ROFL when i imagined your (actual) story happening in Afghanistan, especially the bus part. No offense meant!

1 person likes this.