Your Favorite Sloka And Why ?

Discussion in 'Queries on Religion & Spirituality' started by salad, Jun 7, 2017.

1. MonikaSG

MonikaSG Platinum IL'ite

I will ask him to show our future to us. By future I don't mean of career love etc. Future in the sense if any person make his mind to do the crime then he should be able to see where it will take him to. When a person is creating a negative thought he should be able to know how much that thought will spoil his and everyone involved lives. By that we will at least get the chance to select which due to our lack of experience of life or can say immaturity we fail and later get puzzled and trapped how to get out of all this because once entered its too difficult to come out. If we still want to go to that direction then it will be our own personal choice with all the necessary details.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2017
    salad, Thyagarajan and harih like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:Thanks dear Sister. In the event of God grants that "boon", it may kindly be noted that I being functioned in Government of India at various levels in different departments, would reorganise everything so that work can be prolonged and would appoint committees to find ways and means as to how things can be delayed in the cosmos perhaps slowing down the rotation so that earth revolving around its axis and around sun more sssssssssssslowly ........you would like to think and brood of consequences. so keep your long list ready & handy..!
    Regards.

salad, harih and MonikaSG like this.
  3. harih

harih Silver IL'ite

I would ask to be able to see my mother who passed away a couple of years ago....

However, like humans who aren't able to see the UV or Infrared rays, I think only another person in the "God-vision spectrum", ie another God or a god-like sage, would be able to get that "vision" to see God..... such a sage would naturally be without any desires, unless it's a desire (boon) typical of an unselfish sage, like the knowledge that can help other human beings overcome pain and sorrow.

salad, jskls and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

:hello:thanks In that event modern sage could request God to bestow no hunger to humanity. once appetite is lost the world will come to a stand still and civilisation too and entire universe would be at peace. Alternatively He can be requested to create species without stomach and the world will become dull for every species.
    Regards.

salad, jskls and harih like this.
  5. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

hmmmm.. I sense your dad is not with you anymore. Don't worry I am pretty sure he is with god having a great time. Else look into the sky and find a second bright star. That must be your dad. Sorry first one is mine that is how I see him from my child hood!

Thyagarajan and jskls like this.
  6. salad

salad Gold IL'ite

It is really a good Idea. It is like the angel and demon on both side of us. .May be then we can't blame anyone for our situations :) . There will be a tag line for future Karma "Purely based on your choice" like purely made from desi ghee :D :D

Attached Files:

MonikaSG and jskls like this.
  7. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

sorry Salad ...

I have had dreams/Vision of God images many times temples I hadn’t visited or Alankarams of specific God on special days when I didn’t have a clue. But I was never able to communicate in those dreams/visions. It was always a Glimpse.

salad likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

:hello:This analogy by extension applicable to Mothers who once inherited Mother Earth and departed including mine at ripe age 89 on Boxer’s Day. My Dad too in heavens by her as a catalyst. She & He are seen next to North star guiding their dynasty even this moment. Xmas is approaching!
    Regards.

salad likes this.
  9. nandinimithun

nandinimithun IL Hall of Fame

@salad
    Would ask god to grant me immense mental and emotional strength to face any hurdles in life....

harih and salad like this.