1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You raised me! I failed you!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by ILoveTulips, Sep 11, 2010.

1. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Thangachi / Thambi... :)

2. cshmech

cshmech New IL'ite

Aiyoo.... Na 'thambi'. :hiya

3. ILoveTulips

thats super fast reply thambi... by the way, how are you so sure that I would be ur akka? I might be your thangachi too ???

4. cshmech

cshmech New IL'ite

Well.. If you r married you most probably shud be... Im just 22. And also colloqially we address any person as 'akka/anna' in my city.. If you had been to places near coimbatore, u shud ve known.... :)

If u feel offended by me addressing you that way, im sorry..

5. ILoveTulips

oops.... I was just pulling your legs... not offended at all... I have lived 23 years in Coimbatore... :) So 2 things cleared by that... I knew the 'akka/anna' calling custom very well, and yep, you definitely are younger... thank you for your comments, and hope I broke the ice... :)

6. cshmech

cshmech New IL'ite

I love the way its broken! You know i have been to other places in TN and if i use this anna/akka, people give that look.. Maybe they think im over stepping the relationship. Or they will jus mock me 'appidiya Thambi'... But im not able to leave that habit... I use that sometimes even to younger people (especially opposite sex)... But anyway, if they get the real meaning of what i meant... well who wouldn want an aweeeeeeeesome brother like me! :thumbsup
    Take care
    Harish.

7. lakshmisumesh

lakshmisumesh Senior IL'ite

Hi ILT,

I'm new to indusladies and I'm reading your blog just today. You are really gifted. It is a beautiful piece. I love to write too but I don't have the talent to put it well in writing. Please keep writing and let all of us enjoy it :)

8. hridhaya

hridhaya Gold IL'ite

Hi Tulip,
    A very refreshing story...True indeed. My brother works for a non IT company and he is often proud of the identity in his company. It is not true with IT companies. It is only 'body shopping' right?

9. ILoveTulips

Hi CsHMech,

No you dont have to break that habit.. I till now call men 'Anna', sometimes it pisses them off when they are younger than me.. :p

Dear Lakshmi,

Welcome to Indusladies. Thanks a lot for your wonderful words ... I am flying here.. :) Please try and start writing posts here. IL is a wonderful place to develop our writing skills. Looking forward to read posts from you ... :)

Dear Hridya,

Yes dear, I feel I am always one among thousands of people. We are hired in a herd. And its a burst bubble, which we witnessed during the econmic crunch.. We wont know why we are hired, and definitely wont know why we are fired...

I am glad that you all enjoyed this blog..

ilt

10. tuffyshri

tuffyshri Gold IL'ite

ILT,

I have mixed feelings after reading this post. Having working for IT sector, I some how couldnt digest the argument of comparison bet. IT and non-IT. Your write up also touches it to some extent. Also the chairman is not a very common person in reality, isnt it?

On the lighter side - pochu po, rendu pasangalukkum velai pochu... rombo sandhosham! :)