1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

"You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it."

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 16, 2012.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

"Life is meant to be a celebration! It shouldn't be necessary to set aside special times to remind us of this fact. Wise is the person who finds a reason to make every day a special one."
    Overcoming Addiction Quote by Leo F. Buscaglia (March 1924 - June 1998)

It is not good to get addicted to something, then will be missing the same when it is not possible. Earlier I was addicted to having coffee twice in the morning and twice in the evening. But now I am happy that I have changed that habit and have coffee only once in the morning unless sometimes we go out where we are forced to have.

I was so much addicted to IL that whenever I have free time I used to spend my time here. But after my sickness since I am not able to sit long at the computer I come here less than before. I myself cant believe how I have changed so much.

Same way if we get addicted to watching TV serials dont like to miss any serials. Some people when some guest comes home also instead of talking to them they will be watching the serial.

There is nothing which is not possible but we dont try it and if we try we can make the impossible make possible in life

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life, as by the obstacles one has overcome trying to succeed."
    Overcoming Addiction Quote by Booker T. Washington

3 people like this.

2. sujisaran

sujisaran Silver IL'ite

hi vijima

again you came out the nice message and given nice quotes, addiction make you procrastinate yourself and makes you very lazy and it will lead to so many bad habits. nice thought thanks for sharing nice message all the time, get well soon from your sickness

regards
    sujisaran

3. tanoshii

tanoshii Platinum IL'ite

Very nicely put Iyerviji. Addiction just means we are going overboard with something that may not be necessary at all. Moderation in anything is helpful.

I too really have to cut the jug of coffee that I have in the morning to a cup and stop burning dinner while I am reading a snippet..:rotfl

Thanks for sharing the wise words :)

1 person likes this.
  4. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Viji aunty,

for a long time I used to work on consciously getting rid of anything I get used to - including coffee and IL! Now-a-days squeezing some time becomes an issue and then I will forget about all this. When I find time and repeat, i remind myself "hey, you didn't miss it yesterday, get up and do what is required now" and that seems to help!

Interesting isn't it aunty, watching ourselves - how we do things!!

1 person likes this.
  5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Suji dear thanks for your first fb and glad you liked the message and the quotes. Thanks for your good wishes

regards
    sujisaran[/QUOTE]

6. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vijima, Good post! Yeah,we miss the wonderful moments,being addcited to browsing/serials.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Tanoshi dear thanks for your lovely message. All the best to you for fulfilling the change in the coffee and dinner

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sabita dear thanks for sharing your experience.

Interesting isn't it aunty, watching ourselves - how we do things!

True

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Niha dear