1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Ramyarajan

2. Rajeni

Thank you BB for the Feedback!

3. Rajeni

Thanks much Rampuri! Will post the next part soon!

4. Rajeni

Thank you dear SB! We will find out ;)

stayblessed likes this.
  5. Rajeni

Haha.. Cant help it Aarthi :) Thanks a lot for the Feedback

6. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Wow! that's really a thriller, now Goa is a new turn in the story.
    Good going, you are maintaining the suspense very well.

Rajeni likes this.
  7. Rajeni

Thanks a lot Anupama! Lets see whats in Goa!

8. Rajeni

Episode 33:

She walked in carrying a bouquet of white lily and pink carnations. Abhinay saw her coming towards him, she looked simple in a white chudidhar, yet beautiful. Her eyes were fixed on his face and his look did not waver either.

She kept the bouquet at the table beside him and stood looking at him.

“Haa.. Anita! How are you?” Samyuktha who just walked into the room broke the silence.

“Hello Aunty!” she said and turned back to Abhinay.

“How are you feeling now?” her voice was devoid of any emotion except for the normal concern expected.

Abhinay simply nodded. Oddly, he remembered the last time they met; her tears and the torn expression.

“What are the doctors saying? How long he should be in hospital Aunty?” she asked Samyuktha.

“He should be here atleast for another 10 days ma..” She said.

“Take care” she said and stood looking at him for a few seconds before she walked out with the same grace as she walked in.

Abhinay kept staring at the door. He remembered the day she proposed him. He remembered the day she left him bleeding on the street. He remembered the day he met Nethra years ago. He remembered the day he met her again at his office. He remembered the day he met Anita again. He remembered the day he took Nethra home and he remembered her blushing face after he caught her from falling off the car boot, hardly an hour before the fateful accident happened. His jaws clenched, his good arm balled into a fist and his eyes welled up – ‘Where is she? What happened to her? Oh God! Did you bring her back into my life just to take her away like this? No! No! Nothing would have happened to her! She is fine! She should be fine!’ he thought fiercely.

“Where is she?” He roared into the phone.

“Sir, I have sent my men to find out. We will soon have some information” the man in the other-end replied, clearly aware of the other one’s temper.

“I don’t want information, dammit! I want her!” he spat the words between clenched teeth.

“But sir..”

“And I paid you for that, not for your excuses” he continued ignoring the interruption.

“But Sir, I have sent my best men, but they were killed and..”

“And you still call them the best?” he roared sarcastically, interrupting him.

The man ignored the sarcasm and decided that there was no point in explaining anything then. “I will find her soon, sir” he said and the other end went dead.

Anita paced inside her room tensed. The sight of Abhinay in the hospital bed broken and weak was stuck in her mind. She remembered that she didn’t see the hatred on his face this time on seeing her; her heart warmed at the thought and she smiled but soon a serious expression replaced the smile and she paced even faster matching the pace of her mind.

“If what I saw was true, then I can’t sit idle” she said aloud.

She was also aware that she should be very careful in her each step. She needed a flawless plan and she needed help. She replayed her conversation with Mithun earlier that day. Her casual enquiry about Abhinay’s health has brought in some valuable information. She had learnt about Nethra and Mithun hinted about Abhinay’s interest on her. ‘May be he was hinting that I should give up’ she thought and clenched her teeth. After a few minutes, she stopped pacing. She made her decision!

Abhinay’s phone rang on the bedside table. Mithun, who was sitting in a chair near the bed, reached for the phone and his eyebrows went up in surprise. He showed the display to Abhi, who was propped up in a half sitting position. It was Arjun.

Abhinay’s face brightened in hope. He got the phone in his good arm and attended the call, “Hello”

“Hello Abhinay.. How are you?”

“I am OK.. Do you have any good news for ‘us’?” he asked without any further pleasantries.

There was a pause on the other end before Arjun continued, “I wish!”

“But not yet?” Abhinay asked and he could feel his strength draining.

“Nope! I don’t have any news yet” seeing that there was no response from the other end, Arjun continued, “but I am doing everything I could to find her. I believe you know how important she is to me.”

“I wish you would realize that she is much more than that to me” Abhinay retorted and heard a faint chuckle in response.

“I got your statement regarding the accident from the Inspector there and..”

“I was surprised that you were not here to enquire me” Abhinay interrupted him.

“Ah.. Yes.. I mean.. I was also busy with another case so I couldn’t come myself, but that’s why I called you now” Arjun managed. He understood that Abhinay threw that straight question to catch him off guard. ‘He almost succeeded’ he cursed and continued, “Do you remember anything that might help us Abhinay? Or do you have any theory about ‘who’ or ‘why’?”

“No Arjun. I was just wondering whether this is related to the break-in happened at her house. Nothing else” Abhinay said.

“Yeah, that I am aware of and we don’t know who was behind that yet” Arjun sighed and continued, “Anyway, give me a call if you have any info or perception that might help”

“I will”

“What is he saying?” Mithun asked, as Abhinay disconnected the call.

“Nothing useful”

“Do you think he is being honest?”

“I can’t say! It’s confusing”

“Uffh! Fine! You sleep, its already late” saying so, Mithun adjusted his bed and helped Abhinay to lay down comfortably.

“Good Night Machan! Don’t think or worry too much. I know, its easier said than done, but trust me I strongly believe that nothing is gonna go wrong. She will be safe!”

“Good night Mabhi”

As Abhinay kept staring at his friend’s retreating figure, as sudden as a lightening, he remembered what was slipping away from his memory till then. “Mithun!!!!” he shouted.

(Contd.)

9. twity

twity Bronze IL'ite

@Rajeni
    Wonderful narration. Now you have increased our curiosity with your twist.

Hope we get to read it soon...:)

Rajeni likes this.
  10. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Thanks for the update Rajeni ..even I am guessing that guy who was stalking nethra ..let me wait for your next update

Sunshinebeauty and Rajeni like this.