1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. sreeram

sreeram IL Hall of Fame

The second episode was fantastically written describing the bond between a daughter and her father... hope both the leads have a bitter past.

2. ammusatheesh

ammusatheesh Gold IL'ite

Rajeni...

Just now checked both episodes..it was awesome with first one amma and son, next with Father and daughter...
    Introduction about both are awesome...waiting for more updates...

Rajeni likes this.
  3. leenam05

leenam05 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Rajeni,
    Read all parts in one go. I liked the title.:blush: It seems the story is about lost love. Liked the description of hero very much.:thumbsup: You showed the bond between parents & children very nicely. Eager to know how they will meet.

pls post next part soon .:grinning:

Rajeni likes this.
  4. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Thanks a Neha!! Thanks much for your appreciating FB.!!
    Glad that you like Nimmy :) Good mother she is ;)
    Hope you will enjoy the other rest of the story too!!

28neha likes this.
  5. Rajeni

Again dear stayblessed!! You made my day!! Love you..
    I really doubt whether I deserve to be held in such high esteem as a writer.. am still learning dear!!

But one thing there is no doubt about is that you an awesome reader.. the way you notice and appreciate each detail of the writing is just awesome.. It's such a motivation to know that someone sees all the little things you have taken effort to bring in!! A big thanks for that!!

Yes, its Kundhavai only :D In Ponniyin selvan, I cant pick one fav character. All the chcracters of Kalki are just wonderful and unique in their own way, though am a little biased towards Prince Arumozhivarmar (I fell in love with him the moment he came on that elephant.. love at first sight you see :hearteyes::hearteyes:)

Will post the update tonight or tomorrow!!

stayblessed likes this.
  6. Rajeni

Thanks a lot Leena!! Glad that you like the title.. "show me the meaning" from BSB is my all time fav..
    And hero desc.. cant help it :D

7. Rajeni

Thanks a lot dear Ammu!! You are a boost and constant support to both my stories.. am happy that you are liking it.. will post the update soon!!

ammusatheesh likes this.
  8. Rajeni

Thanks a lot Sreeramcharan!! Glad that you are reading Mithramaligai as well.. thanks for your wonderful FB.. vl post it soon!

9. Rajeni

Thanks a lot Priya dear!! Bitter pasts lead to sweet future :D

sreeram likes this.
  10. Rajeni

Part 3

Nethra reached The Barbeque Nation restaurant where her friends were already waiting for her. She was dressed in a lemon yellow georgette salwar suit. Arjun saw her coming and waved at her.

“Madam.. I am awed by your punctuality..” he teased her as she reached there.

“Aju.. am just 5 mins late..”, she said as she hugged Sanjana and Tanvi who were also waiting for her.

Three of them are Nethra’s close friends. Nethra, though a soft and friendly person, is very selective to share friendship. All four of them were school mates and are close friends till then. They all went in and took the table reserved by Arjun.

“All packing done.. Neethu?” asked Sanjana

“Yes Sanju.. have to pack a few stuffs in the handbag, rest all done” answered Nethra.

“Did you collect those dresses, we gave for stitching last week..”

“Yes.. but one among them needs to be altered”

“I don’t understand how they will spoil a single dress out of four.. when all needs to be stitched for the same measurement..”

The girls’ talk jumped from one thing to other from packing, while Arjun was sipping his soup silently. Then he spoke, “its really wonderful how you girls can talk about nothing for hours together”

“That’s a gift Arjun.. to understand that you should be a girl..” replied Tanvi with a grin.

“No thanks Tans.. am not interested”, the girls laughed together when Arjun said in a sarcastic tone.

Then he added, “Did you speak to your friend in Bangalore, Sanju?”

“I already spoke to her Arjun.. Neethu, when will you reach Bangalore? I will remind her and inform the timings” She confirmed Arjun and asked he later part to Nethra.

“The train would reach City junction by 5:10 AM Sanju.. I should reach home around 6”

“Neethu, Karthik will be coming to the station, call him when you reach cantonment junction” said Arjun

“oh.. Come on Aju.. can’t I go by myself in an Auto” frowned Nethra.

“That’s OK Neethu.. You are new to the place.. Let him pick you up.. you can manage on your own once you settle down..” Arjun consoled her and continued to Sanjana, “Sanju.. why don’t you call your friend Aarthi and remind her about Neethu’s arrival tomorrow and also introduce Neethu to her” suggested Arjun.

Everyone there knew Arjun’s care for Nethra. They both were best friends from their high school and Arjun always have a special care for Nethra till then.

Sanjana called her friend. Aarthi is Sanjana’s friend who is a Software professional in Bangalore. When they were searching places for Nethra accomodation, Sanjana learnt that Aarthi who shared a small apartment with her colleague was looking for a flat-mate as her colleague was moving to another city. Since Aarthi was Sanjana’s college mate and she knew about her, she suggested Nethra to stay with Aarthi and made the arrangements.

Aarthi spoke in a cheerful manner to Nethra and she felt comfortable talking to her. All the friends spoke about various things, their times together and continued their lunch teasing each other.

As they finished their desserts, Tanvi took a box gift-wrapped in grey and black from under the table. While all three were grinning, Nethra was completely caught by surprise on this gesture. The box had a white satin ribbon tied across and a card beneath it which read ‘All the best for a Wonderful Future! Let life gift you with More sweet surprises!!’ followed by their signatures.

The box contained 6 books. The titles were picked from Nethra’s to-read list. “Wow.. just wow.. thank you guys.. this is the best gift I can get..” she said in an excited tone!

Nethra bid farewell to both Sanjana and Tanvi and started with Arjun who offered to drop her at home.

Bangalore City Mail was scheduled to depart at 11:15 PM from Chennai Central. Nethra kept her luggage under her seat in A1 coach. Nirmala was sitting on the opposite side while Vasan was helping her keep the luggage.

“Neethu ma.. it’s a new place to you.. please be careful when you are outside and at work” Nirmala’s face was full of worries and she spoke in a concerned tone.

“Maa.. I almost know all your advices by memory now.. and I assure that I will live by that” said Nethra with a mischievous smile.

Vasan took out a card from his wallet and handed that to Nethra, “Bujju kutty.. this is Raghavan Uncle’s card. He is one of my friends and he is in Bangalore with his family.. Call him if you need any help at any time.. please don’t hesitate.. I have spoke to him already.. I know Karthik is there to help you.. but just in case.. ok?”

“Sure Paa..”

The sound of the train horn indicated that the train is about to depart. Vasan kissed Nethra on her forehead “Take care da Bujju ma..” Nethra hugged her dad tight and said “Will miss you Paa.. Take care and stay healthy”

Nirmala kissed her daughter on both her cheeks. A film of tears formed in her eyes and she was too emotional to speak anything. Nethra kissed her mother back and tickled her saying “My brave mom.. Now you should not cry.. give me that beautiful smile of yours.. let me see that cute dimple..”

Nethra stood on the train doorway and waved at her parents who stood on the platform. The train moved and Nethra started her fateful journey towards Bangalore!

Abhinay, clad in a black shirt and grey trousers, entered his office at 100 feet road in Koramangala. His office occupied the last floor of a five storey building. The reception area was done in pure white with black furnitures. He gave a curt nod to the receptionist, who wished him, and walked inside across the floor to the room at the other end. The silver name plate on the glass door had ‘Mr.Abhinay Prithviraj, Managing Director’ in black letters. It was a spacious room with painting done in grey and white. The windows had white curtains with black patterns on it. On the far end of the room straight opposite to the door was the huge glass desk behind which was his high back cushion office chair in off-white. The right side of the room had a sofa set in off-white with a glass coffee table at the center. The left side wall had a huge French type window occupying three fourth of the wall overlooking the road outside.

Abhinay sat behind his desk and opened his laptop. He also dialed for his personal secretary and checked his scheduled for that day. Meanwhile, Mithun gave a slight knock and walked in.

“Good Morning MD sir” Mithun teased him cheerfully.

“Welcome my dear Brother in law..” Abhi returned with a smile.

“That’s at home.. here you are the boss” Mithun let a false fear sit on his face.

“Dei.. Anyway Arundhadi is the boss for both of us.. End of the day, we take orders from her.. then whats the difference Maabhi” Abhi laughed referring his sister.

“That’s why I am asking you to get married.. so that someone will come and challenge my wife.. and I can also enjoy some SIL fights.. but you are not cooperating da maabhi” he finished in a longing voice.

“Enough da.. now please tell me the purpose of your visit to my room” Abhi switched the topic.

Though Mithun realized it, he played along. “We had an opening for senior Architect right? The interviews were done yesterday and I have chosen a person after doing the last round myself” he informed.

“That’s good news! we are having a new project coming in and we need resources.. When is..” Abhi stopped and asked “he or she?”

“She! She will be joining today and I will bring her once she is in.. just meet her” Mithun said and the intercom on Abhinay’s desk rang simultaneously.

Abhi spoke over the phone and told Mithun, “I think she is here.. You go and meet her and bring her after you introduce her to the team.” Agreeing, Mithun hurried out.

In another half an hour, Mithun walked into the room again, this time with another person and introduced her to Abhinay.

“Abhinay.. this is Ms. Anita Rajan, our new senior Architect.. and Ms. Anita meet Mr. Abhinay our Managing director”

Abhi didn’t here him. He sat frozen on his chair, those steel eyes piercing her. She stood there in a brown shirt and black formal skirt covering three fourth of her high-heeled legs. A small smile spread on her lips!

(Cont.)