1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

You Are Missing In My Heart!

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by Rajeni, Jun 2, 2016.

1. Rajeni

Rajeni Moderator Platinum IL'ite

Thanks dear Leena!! Glad you are back..

2. Rajeni

Posting now PS.. What to do I, myself, am confused what these guys will talk to each other.. :p
    I had to rewrite the conv thrice.. hope it turns out good.. ;)

3. Rajeni

Aarthi Madam... Welcome back..!! Posting now..

4. Rajeni

Sorry for making you wait.. as I mentioned, lot of reworks ;)

5. Rajeni

Part 20 :

Nethra pointedly looked at the hand blocking her way, but the hand did not waver. She looked up at him without a word, her face fuming in anger.

Abhinay was determined as well. “What happened to you?”, he came straight to the point.

“Why? What happened to me? Nothing happened.. Now, if you will please make way, I will go to sleep”, she said.

“You are not normal, Nethra.. Please tell me”, he asked softly like addressing an irritated child.

“Not normal?!”, she raised her eyebrows in mockery, “Do I look like someone who has lost her mind?”, She continued sarcastically.

“A little!”, he returned with the same sarcasm but before she could react, he continued, “you seem to have lost your mind in anger!”

“Is it? You are mistaken Abhinay. I am not angry on anyone. Why should I?” Her voice had an edge to it.

“Nethra..”, he said softly. Her face colored with anger looked so endearing to him. As he was silent after calling her name, she looked up at his face. He looked straight into her eyes and continued, “You know that you are lying!”

“I was abnormal, angry and now a liar.. any other complaints or observations?” His cool responses irritated her. Though she was aware that she was being tough, she did not know how else to end the conversation, but, Abhinay did not seem to be irritated by her behaviour, instead he looked amused and this reaction from him was making it difficult for her to maintain her anger.

Since he did not respond to her retort, she let out an impatient sigh and asked, “Ok, why are you so bothered about it?”

“Because, it does matter to me”, his voice sounded soft but firm, unwavering.

Her breathing stopped a second and resumed at this reply and to mask her shock, she raised her eyebrows sarcastically and he shrugged his shoulders in response, his eyes gleaming.

Abhinay continued after a pause, “but, seriously, do you think that I would not even care when you are angry? Or did you think I would generally not care at all, for anything? Is that the impression I have made Nethra?”, he asked, his voice serious.

Though she wanted to say 'how do I know that?', her mind remembered the utmost care he had showered on her when she was just an acquaintance. She remained silent.

“Tell me Nethra! What’s bothering you?” he asked again in a soft voice.

The care in his voice calmed her in spite of her resolve and she said, "Nothing important Abhinay.. Maybe I am going through a lot recently and that had affected my mood", she lied not wanting to get the conversation deeper.

“Oh! But you looked angry about something..”, he said like talking to himself.

“What made you think that I am angry?” she asked wanting to know how much he read from her face and actions.

“Not just angry.. Angry on me!” he corrected. It was not a question, a statement.

Nethra was surprised at this direct comment and said, “Again, what made you think so?”

Abhinay thought for a minute and continued, “Since you ask a direct question, let me be honest with the answer, Nethra.. Since last evening you are avoiding me.. I have noticed that you turn angry or become reserved when you had to talk to me.. I couldn’t let it pass as such.. after all that had happened, are we not more than just acquaintances?”

‘What can I answer for this? He sound like my anger is the most important thing to be addressed’ she amused.

Seeing the thoughtful expression on her face, Abhinay continued, “Tell me Nethra.. Did I do or say something that hurt you?”

‘Oh my God! Seriously! He is not offended by my anger, anyone would have; instead he is concerned that I might be hurt! How can I ever say or think that he doesn’t care? If he doesn’t there is no need for him to stand patiently like this consoling me, for he did not owe me anything; it’s me who owe him a lot’, she thought. ‘So, it’s not about me. His anger is not about my stay or my guests. Then, did he personally not like Arjun for some other reason?’ she tried to reason and that again upset her, ‘why would someone not like Arjun?’ her mind rushed to defend her friend.

“It is this confusing behavior of yours, that’s bothering me!” she blurted out amidst the chaos of her thoughts.

“Confusing?! Am I confusing?” he asked genuinely surprised.

“In the sense, here you are… worried whether I am hurt… trying to understand why I was angry.. yet, on the other hand… you are so.. cold… and… distant… sometimes..”
    , she stammered yet managed to convey her thoughts.

“Cold?! Distant?! To you?” he was shocked.

He continued, “Nethra, I am not asking this for the sake of argument, but, please enlighten me when I was cold to you? I seriously could not recollect”

“Not to me!” she said. ‘Now, why am I blabbering everything to him like this? Its like demanding respect.. Nethra.. you are so idiotic!’ she cursed herself.

Meanwhile, realization dawned on Abhinay, ‘Oh! So she did notice my reaction to Arjun’s presence! I thought she was so absorbed with him and would not have noticed me, but looks like she did! Stupid Abhinay! What explanation are you going to give her now? Are you going to say that you are jealous! You deserve this for your stupid act’ he cursed but masking his realization he asked, "Then to whom?”

“It doesn’t matter Abhinay.. leave it.. let’s go”, she said trying to end the conversation.

“I told you Nethra.. It does matter.. tell me!” he encouraged.

She looked at his face for a few seconds thoughtful and then said, “I think you already know what it is or should say who it is?”

“Do I?” he opened his eyes wide and asked, “Why do you think I know already?”

“Because, in my opinion, you are intelligent enough to have understood it by now”, she mocked.

“Intelligent?! Madam is so merciful to give such compliments.. let the opinion remain unaltered!” he bowed.

“That depends on what you are going to admit”, she countered. Meanwhile her mind wondered, 'Immaterial of the mood I am in, why does every conversation with him turn so pleasantly!'

Abhinay now hesitated not knowing what to say and his mind cursed him for not leaving the matter when she herself asked him to do so, but he did not want to end the conversation halfway allowing further misunderstandings, on the same time he did not know how to explain.

Seeing his embarrassment, Nethra said, “That’s fine Abhinay, leave it. Not everything is explainable. Likewise, not everyone has the same perception. You have your own reasons for liking or disliking someone.. let’s leave it at that..” she finished and turned to walk in.

Abhinay noticed the disappointment in her tone when she said ‘disliking someone’ , making up his mind he called, “Nethra..”

She stopped.

“It’s not that I dislike Arjun!” he said.

Nethra turned in surprise and looked at his face. She did not expect him to directly mention Arjun.

“If it’s not dislike then what made you so.. so.. rigid.. cold.. in his presence”, she asked.

“No Nethra.. maybe I was a little reserved.. nothing more.. remember, we both did talk about all the plans together, didn’t we?” he said.

“Abhi.. you do not owe me any explanation.. I already told you so! But, I am not buying this explanation.. your face clearly showed that you did not like his presence.. that’s fine.. leave it.. Its just that I don’t like Aju getting unfair treatment because of me.. maybe that’s what made me angry.. no point brooding over what has happened.. let’s go”, she said not wanting to embarrass him more.

Abhinay sighed and said after a pause, “Nethra, its nothing related to Arjun.. it’s about you!”

“Me?” she raised her eyebrows in surprise and her heartbeat fluttered for no reason.

Abhinay turned away and looking at the starry sky continued, “When Arjun came directly leaving all his work behind, the only reason I could think of is that he had come to take you back to Chennai, immediately. Otherwise, I thought he would have talked over phone. I don’t blame him for taking that decision, I would have done the same if I were him.. but that.. the thought that you might go did upset me and I showed it on Arjun..” pausing, he slightly turned his head and looking at her over his shoulders, he said in a voice as smooth as velvet, “I don’t want you to go!”

Then, he slowly turned and stood indecisive for a second, looking at her hands, as if he could not look at her face and then rushed inside without another word.

Nethra stood there, starring at the empty place where he just stood and her hand reached for her chest to hold her drumming heart!

(Contd.)

6. anupama1

anupama1 Platinum IL'ite

Abi is trying to pour his heart out but Nethra doesn't want to read between the lines.

Ooooo conveying your love is not a easy thing Abhi, you may be good at drawings but here lies the real test.:)

Rajeni likes this.
  7. Adharv

Adharv Gold IL'ite

Rajeni, sema sema update :cheer: Lovely narration Rajeni...awesome :cheer:I thoroughly enjoyed it....:hearteyes::sweatsmile: Nijamaleme ungalukk periya mansu thaa-nga :banana::beer-toast1: I didn't expect this twist ivalo sikrama Abhi manasa sollavachitingale nambha mudiyavillai villai :fearscream: Ippo nethra-oda heart beat egiripoirukome :sunglasses: Hope nethra bulb-a irukamatanga indha vatti....Cute moments Rajeni well presented....Neeya Naana-n sandai podama samatha love sollunga pa....:tonguewink: Looking forward for next update and thanks for dis konjam big update hahah.

rupz and Rajeni like this.
  8. ritz1

ritz1 Bronze IL'ite

awesome ........ i really felt abhi is going to propose netra

Rajeni likes this.
  9. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Rajeni,
    I should sincerely praise you for your narration. I could really visualize each and every moment of their conversation...and now Nethra's turn . She should be proud of her man, for the kind , controlled and a contented proposal.

I could really see your effort in writing each and every word so aptly.
    Kudos to your writing dear.
    Please get ready with your next story as well.

PS

Rajeni likes this.
  10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Oh my... Such a pleasing episode R. Loved it to bits... Cant help wondering how you write like this. The way you give life to your characters makes me forget my real life. Ha ha...

Wow... wow... Abhis words or should i say R's words, mindblowing dialogues.

Abhi Dont worry we readers vouch for your caring and loving attitude.

The first words where he opines his actual love and the way you worded it- superb superb

Loved the way you have picturised Nethra as a girl of high self respect.

Well said Nethra, brilliant counter.

Its because Rajeni is the writer of your love story:tonguewink::tonguewink:

Intelligent boy Abhi.

Awww... yes few things are inexplicable like the joy that fills the readers hearts when we read the stories of R.

Wow..... he almost said it. Actually these words are more cute than i love you R. You have redefined the way of proposal through this episode i would say.

Beautiful. marvellous, fantastic episode not just this episode every update of yours shows your brilliance and sincerity to deliver the best. Awesome awesome writing like some soothing music to the ears, your writing is soothing to our senses. The way you write the characters and the dialogues makes us easily visualise them that am able to imagine even the voices of the characters:D:D

P.S. please update mithramaligai too.

Rajeni and AnooSA like this.