1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Writing Codes, Digging Pits and Killing Mosquitoes!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Nov 24, 2011.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Malathi,

You have approached the whole problem from a different angle. You are right. We make our children monomaniacs. We know as adults that a higher price does not mean a better quality. Similarly more marks does not mean a better education.

I have been crying hoarse in all the platforms I get to speak, that unless you have some activity to fill your soul you'll soon have hypertension, diabetes and heart attack. Everybody should have two activities. One should be for profit,salary or fees. (Like I am a CA). And the other activity should not be motivated by money. That's where you do what you passionately love to do without minding the financial results. (If you take the case of writing whatever I earned will not even cover the postage and stationery expenses and yet I love writing).

By the same token I suggest that housewives should have some kind of an activity to balance their stress. Housewives have almost as much stress as corporate executives. They don't get to see their husbands or children much. They have to deal with in-laws who simply refuse to understand them, let alone appreciate their work.

thanks for coming in and thanks for the nice words.
    love,
    sridhar

2. varalotti

Dear Saras,

You have floored me with your adjectives - sweet, spicy and salty. The Gurdjieff quote is from Osho book I recently translated. The software guys story comes from my counselling experience.

Saras, honestly I am afraid of this current generation. In the last generation the parents lived such a controlled life that they were able to produce smart children who were readily absorbed by the software industry. But will the current generation produce the same quality of children? With no parent having enough time to spend with them? Only Time can tell. But I have my fears.
    thanks for coming in and for the nice words.
    love,
    sridhar

3. varalotti

Thanks, friend. (I don't want to call you strangerr, as you are no stranger to me)
    Yes, the time has come to look deep into ourselves than into our circumstances. Again, what we are inside manifests as circumstances outside. So if you think you are in difficult circumstances look within for the thought that led to it. That's the secret of happiness.
    thanks for coming in.
    sridhar

4. varalotti

Every one of us is equally important, Akila. And the work we do is as important as the work of President Obama or Sachin Tendulkar. They have a high visibility job and we do not. They are like clutches, accelerators and brakes in the car. Everyone knows what they are and how important is their role. We are like tiny oil seals in the engine. But if we give away the engine may seize and the car may not move. We are like the innumerable parts of the car that make it move.

thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

5. varalotti

thanks, rgs. And a double thanks for taking the trouble of posting your comments twice because of the goof-up I made.

Well, the friend did not have an answer to my logic. When there is a problem at work (read boredom, absence of job satisfaction et al) we always look out for solution. If only we care to look in the problem will be solved then and there.
    thanks once again for coming in,
    sridhar

6. varalotti

dear satchi,
    I have studied drinking even without touching a glass. It starts with love of drinking. At that time it is not harmful. When you love drinks you will have it only when you are very happy and in the company of very good friends.
    And then one day you want drinks as an escape from your problems. That's when drinking becomes harmful.
    In this I find women to have a different caliber. As I replied to Raji, an average dil's problems is a hundred times more severe than that of a bpo guy. And yet she does not drink.

But of late I find women losing that kind of a strength. Its a sad state of affairs.
    Same pinch, for swatting insects.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar

7. varalotti

Dear Anisu,
    thanks for coming in. And thanks for the words of praise.

sridhar

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Very truly said Sridhar..'attitude towards our daily monotonous work, must change' to keep things going..otherwise, frustrations only remain.
    Timely blog (at least to me :) )

sriniketan

9. varalotti

thanks sis. The only lesson worth learning in this world is that our happiness does not depend on our circumstances but on our attitude. If this lesson is learnt then theres nothing we need to know.

thanks for coming in,
    sridhar