Women in Islam (for both Muslims and Non-Muslims)

Discussion in 'Religious places & Spiritual people' started by mehzabeen, May 30, 2013.

1. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

Dear ILites,

Let us share our views about "Women in Islam" in this thread.
    I can share some points which I remember, from Dr.Zakir Naik's speech.

NON-MUSLIMS are also welcome to post their opinions.

You can share anything you feel, understood, saw, experienced, heard and read.

:thumbsup

2. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

40 views, but no reply. Why?
    Are you afraid to talk or waiting for others to break the ice?

If thats so, let me do the honours..

I feel wearing Burkha is not an obstacle for Muslim women. Perhaps, It gives me more good feelings and safety.
    If I wear Burkha, I'm saved from many sins.

But now-a-days, few muslim girls are refusing to wear Burkha, why?
    Do you wear Burkha, If yes, how do you feel about it?
    Let us discuss from this point of view.. then Insha Allah we can touch other topics

2 people like this.
  3. SuperLily

SuperLily Gold IL'ite

Assalamu allaikum Mehzabeen
    ALHUMDULILLAH I too feel very safe and love to wear burkha.. you are right by wearing it we are safe from ALLAHs azhab and evil eye.. but i want to know is it compulsory
    To cover our face? Or can we leave it uncovered?

2 people like this.
  4. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

Walaikkum Assalaam WRB Sister,
    Alhamdhulillah that u like to wear burkha. it is not compulsory to cover ur face. but it is accessory.
    which means, you will get additional benefit for covering your face. Few Ulemmas are of the opinion that the covering of face is necessary, moreover there are certain clause regarding burkha for example:
    1. It should be loose fit(should not reveal your figure)
    2. It should not be very attractive, because the purpose of wearing a burkha is to hide our beauty.
    3. You must cover your head and hair properly, which is mandatory.
    4. If you have not covered your face, please avoid over makeup :-D

The Qur'an instructs both Muslim men and women to dress in a modest way:

"Tell the believing men to lower their gaze and be modest" (surah 24:30)

The clearest verse on the requirement of the hijab is surah 24:30–31, asking women to draw their khimār over their bosoms.

And say to the believing women that they should lower their gaze and guard their modesty; that they should not display their beauty and ornaments except what (must ordinarily) appear thereof; that they should draw their khimār over their bosoms and not display their beauty except to their husband, their fathers, their husband's fathers, their sons, their husbands' sons, their brothers or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or the slaves whom their right hands possess, or male servants free of physical needs, or small children who have no sense of the shame of sex; and that they should not strike their feet in order to draw attention to their hidden ornaments. (Quran 24:31)

In the following verse, the wives of the Prophet women are asked to draw their jilbab over them (when they go out), as a measure to distinguish themselves from others, so that they are not harassed. Surah 33:59 reads: Those who harass believing men and believing women undeservedly, bear (on themselves) a calumny and a grievous sin. O Prophet! Enjoin your wives, your daughters, and the wives of true believers that they should cast their outer garments over their persons (when abroad): That is most convenient, that they may be distinguished and not be harassed. (Quran 33:58–59)

These are very few important points according to me, yet I hope it would have satisfied your quest.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

There are regional and sectarian variations of the veil associated with hijab. Depending upon local views regarding female modesty, they may or may not cover the face or the eyes, or the entire body. These variations include:
    • Hijab– A scarf covering the hair.
    • Chador – A cloak covering the head and body, but leaving the face uncovered; worn by many women in Iran when outside the home.
    • Shayla– A long rectangular scarf, pinned or tucked at the shoulder, leaving the face uncovered; worn by many women in the Persian Gulf region.
    • Khimar – A long rectangular scarf, covering the head, neck and shoulders, but leaving the face uncovered.
    • Burka– Covers the entire head and body, including the eyes; the wearer sees through a cloth mesh eye veil sewn into the burka.
    • Al-Amira– A two-piece veil that includes a close-fitting cap and a tube-shaped scarf covering the head and neck, but leaving the face uncovered.
    • Niqab– A veil that leaves the eye clear (although it may be worn with an eye veil), and worn with a headscarf.
    800px-Map3_10RequiredDressCodesforWomen_compressed.jpg

source - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1 person likes this.
  6. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

Does women using this burkha are more safe than normal women in western countries..

1 person likes this.
  7. mehzabeen

mehzabeen Gold IL'ite

Statistics says.. "Yes", not only in western countries.. in most of the asian countries, including India, women are safer in burka than in normal dress. Google your question and find the proof.

1 person likes this.
  8. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

how abt the women life in muslim countries .. is their rights and needs are justified ?

9. sumanrathi

sumanrathi IL Hall of Fame

here in UAE it is not compulsory, where as if a women wear burka will be good to see in public place, if a women wear perfect dress will also solve many illegal things happening in this earth.

10. Telja

Telja Silver IL'ite

even after so much strict rules the women in muslim countries are being exploited and no justice for them and freedom of rights ..