1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Women’s Empowerment

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Agatha83, Mar 9, 2018.

1. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

You seem to be an exceptional husband, father, SIL with all the perfect gentlemanly qualities ingrained in to you strongly. With your deep rooted religious and spiritual interests, I wonder how you fell in to the trap of the so called matchmaker, who was nothing but a money minded broker. Of course all the mothers want to see their sons happily married,but the problem is that with changing times, there is lot of expectation on both sides, some of them most ludicrous and unacceptable.
    You have done your duty of educating your son to the highest level, which itself is a great achievement. With his strong roots, I am sure, he will be always attached to you. Let him fly free, soaring to great heights, and some day he is sure to meet his match, with God’s grace. Wishing your son all the best in his future endeavours.

Agatha83

Thyagarajan and Viswamitra like this.
  2. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:An interesting write up and feedback’s moving one to tears. The post encompassing diverse and universal issues of female from her genesis in foetus stage to her old age is well timed.
    2. As I write this, my heart bleeds for the II year B Com girl student who was knifed to death at closer proximity to her college in broad daylight yesterday at k k nagar chennai. One more girl as she spurned a male.
    3. An incident in Trichy day before yesterday - Another pillion rider - a pregnant woman -succumbed to the injuries sustained when traffic police man kicked her bike driven by her hubby without wearing safety helmet - as they probably refused to pay the bribe.
    4. It is celebration of international women’s Day since March 8th the world over about their proclaimed rights and great fantastic achievements.
    5. At the same time it was nice and satisfying to see in today’s paper THE HINDU that published image of three ladies in their pilot-attire and a centre side spread interview with them. Awesome indeed and heartening that they fly and reach global sky.
    Thanks to OP & to others who had posted excellent thought provoking including video feedback’s.
    Regards.
    God Bless Us All Always.

GeetaKashyap, Agatha83 and MonikaSG like this.
  3. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Thyagarajan,

I am moved reading your FB, the compassionate nature with which you view women’s plight at present times. All the years we are celebrating women’s day, but the conditions of women have not improved much. The discrimination between genders still exist and intolerance between the sexes has risen to grave levels.
    A no from the GF, a colleague, a wife even for a casual outing, leads to violence involving,murderous attacks, acid throws- violence which ruins the victims life forever.
    Thrashing the wife blue and black, just because she objects to his binge drinking, shows the callous nature of a man. Infidelity has been there right from ancient times, but why kill the other person, rather than parting amicably!
    There are so many issues in marital relationships which cannot be solved unless there is a change in the mindset of human beings.
    Yes, the smiling faces of a few women in their pilots uniform, gives us a ray of hope, that things will definitely turn better for women in the long run.

Agatha83

GeetaKashyap and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

[ QUOTE="Agatha83, post: 4048018, member: 447301"]Dear Thyagarajan,

I am moved reading your FB, the compassionate nature with which you view women’s plight at present times. All the years we are celebrating women’s day, but the conditions of women have not improved much. The discrimination between genders still exist and intolerance between the sexes has risen to grave levels.
    A no from the GF, a colleague, a wife even for a casual outing, leads to violence involving,murderous attacks, acid throws- violence which ruins the victims life forever.
    Thrashing the wife blue and black, just because she objects to his binge drinking, shows the callous nature of a man. Infidelity has been there right from ancient times, but why kill the other person, rather than parting amicably!
    There are so many issues in marital relationships which cannot be solved unless there is a change in the mindset of human beings.
    Yes, the smiling faces of a few women in their pilots uniform, gives us a ray of hope, that things will definitely turn better for women in the long run.

Agatha83[/QUOTE]
    Thank you.

5. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you.[/QUOTE]
    You have posted the same reply I have given to your FB. Something gone wrong technically from either my side or your side.
    Agatha83

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Agatha,

Thank you for your kind words and your blessings to my son. I tried explaining the trap that matchmaker was trying but my wife insisted that we should try it in the best interest of our only child. I assumed it as cost of learning how those matchmakers work. I even told the matchmaker that we will bear the cost of the wedding equally with the bride's family. My wife has so many jewelries already bought exclusively for the daughter-in-law lying in the locker unused for 5 years. Hopefully with the grace of the Lord and the blessings of elders like you, he would find the right match and both him and his would be wife will have a happy married life. As we don't have any daughters, my son knows how much my wife and I would love whoever marries him. We will do anything to make both of them happy.

Viswa

7. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa,

Trust me, marriages are made in heaven, so leave things at God’s mercy and I am sure, you both would get the best DIL. Most of us keep our jewellery in bank lockers, hardly finding an occasion to wear them, fearing chain snatching incidents. When you get a DIL with character as pure as 24 carat gold, I think all the glitter of real Gold pales to nothing! Wishing you all the best!

Agatha83

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

He has quoted your post and said thank you
    You have posted the same reply I have given to your FB. Something gone wrong technically from either my side or your side.
    Agatha83[/QUOTE]