1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Winkling Winking Little Star

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Feb 16, 2018.

1. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Film stars have been winking since they started making movies. In olden day movies, Devika, Savitri, Vijayakumari and all would wink rapidly - padapadapada - with both eyes.
    Then Sridevi , Sripriya set , making cute, cute faces and winks .

Why suddenly one Priya winking should break the internet ?

When we saw the news in papers, Husband and I wanted to find out .
    So , we sat and watched the whole song on Youtube.

It was a slow , insipid sounding song . We dint understand the words properly also.

It looked like some school or college function happening .

Students coming and going , some chap like a principal, a teacher too showing their faces. Then some girls and boys exchanging glances .

Then this boy and girl making faces and the Priya girl winking . Once.

Again , college corridors , students coming and going .....

“ so what happened to the winking girl ? “ asks husband at the end.

“ she became viral “ i say

“ for a 10 second scene ?”

“ i dont know . Maybe we missed something “ i tell him.

He re-plays the song video. We watch intently till the end.

No , we dint miss anything .

“ maybe we dint play the correct viral song ?” I voice my doubt now.

“ We did ,” he says , irritated “You can check the song name with your friends and watch again. I am done with winking viruses “

“ the girl is pretty “ I declare , “ you can see how cute her expression is “

“ I thought the girl with the head scarf was cuter “

“ Really ? How I dint notice that ! ” I say and press re-play .

We watch the boring song again in silence till the end .
    And I agree the headscarf girl is also equally cute . But dint become viral.

Now Husband is somewhat worried “ what is the world seeing that we are missing?..... Saroja Devi used to wink better “

“ Ah yes. So the problem is not the song . Its our age “ I announce.

He gives me a stare and asks for his coffee.

Then , as we sit pouring the hot coffee between davara and tumbler , we both realise what we have done !

We just contributed to the Priya madness going more viral !

2. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

You just voiced my thoughts! I'm still not sure how she became overnight superstar

SCSusila likes this.
  3. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Lol!;) ;) ;)

Couldn't stop giggling at the innocence of this write up! Well said; it is the age that failed to notice the adolescent excitement.

In this era of marketing everything all they need is a controversy , some sensationalism, self created hype and so on to become internet sensations. This song and the expressions also fall into that category. ;););)

ashima10, SCSusila and MonikaSG like this.
  4. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

@SCSusila
    Title of thread itself made me curious to read your post. I enjoyed your snippet. I had read about Viral song and Priya. Watched it twice after reading your post but felt same as you. I hadn't find anything special in her wink or expressions. As usual college /school function, she appeared on the scene for few seconds and did a wink. I don't understand why there is so much publicity and crazy on her Video.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
    SCSusila likes this.
  5. NeetaR

NeetaR Silver IL'ite

My thoughts exactly.....Can't fathom what was so special about that wink and the craze over the video. :frowning:

SCSusila likes this.
  6. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@SCSusila I second Mistt in the title given .i didn't see the video but i think Sarojadevi is better than this girl.In the movie Anbe vaa the song Love Birds Love birds her eye winking is so beautiful .Loved your writeup

Mistt and SCSusila like this.
  7. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

By word of mouth ( on social network) everybody becomes curious and want to watch !
    Just like we did !

8. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

once they write in newsreports that something has become famous ( whether or not really ) , then it catches like fire !
    Or i have another theory . All these techie youngsters can push something up with real or fake followings . Who knows !

9. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

My younger brother is crazy about her...and he keeps sharing her irritating memes comparing how real Madrid fans don't melt with that wink. The fact that he has overdone memes tells us he is "melted "as well.( whatever these teenagers mean by that ! )

Now in the group mom and dad initially didnt get that and later when i explained them like a typical bihari parent they both went "gadha...nalayak" still they cdnt figure out what is making him that more of that gadha , the girl winking or the Football mania"

i didnt pay much heed initially but my brother wont allow that...now i too found her cute. Its age again!

SCSusila likes this.
  10. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

So many people like us are wondering . Thank god . Husband and I thought something wrong with our reaction ! :)

Mistt likes this.