1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Will You Live With Me, Just For A Day?

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jun 11, 2007.

1. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sridhar,
    Why one day..I am ready to live with your stories every day..Awesome topic!!

Tell me just one thing..Why do you call yourself a mofussil accountant all the time.. Not once not twice..I have heard this from you many times..Your professional colleague takes serious objection to this term..
    We accountants bring in a lot of vibrant colours to life...!! :yes:

Regards
    USHA

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Dear Usha,

You really moved me with two of your statements - the readiness to live with my stories and your concern over my callling myself a mofussil accountant.

The first I accept as the sincerest appreciation from a genuine reader and a dear friend.

About the second, I have to say this - you see I am an accounant. And Madurai is a mofussil town. So 2+2=4.

Yesterday we had a CPE Seminar at our Madurai Branch of our Institute. The subject was new income tax return forms. A professional colleague sitting near me told me, "That is okay in metros; but for us mofussil accountants, that wont apply."

I do agree that we accountants do bring a lot of colours to life. We help the Government collect less in the form of taxes. We do provide real value-add service to corporates. And I can speak from the authority of my personal experience that a Mofussil Accountant like me does no less compared to our colleagues in the metros. What I want to emphasise is that Mofussil Accountant is not a derogatory term; it does not talk about the expertise of the man or the lack of it. It only describes his domicile.

Having said that I have to confess that your showing concern over my calling myself a MA really touched me. Thanks, Usha.
    regards,

3. varalotti

Most Gracious ILites,

Is an Accountant's religion, money? And his philosophy, materialism? When charged with these accusations, I was hurt. My lamentations in response to this charge form this Wednesday's post.

This post is for those who believe in God as well as for those who don't believe. If you ever had any doubts in the validity of the equation, God=Love=God, then this post will clear those doubts.

Let me have your views on this. For some time my signature will have a link "Your Religion" and click there will transport you there in no time.

regards,

5 people like this.
  4. sathya

sathya Gold IL'ite

hello sridhar

கள்ளச் சிரிப்புதனில் கள்ளமேதுமில்லை
    பேசும் வார்த்தைகளோ வெறும் ஓசையே
    விழிகள் பேசும் மொழி...அர்த்தம் பொதிந்து
    பெற்றோருக்கும் உடன்பிறப்புகளுக்கும் வேதனை
    சுமை?
    குப்பைத்தொட்டிகளை நிறப்பும்
    CHALLENGE...S

My cousin's son is also like the one you have mentioned
    full of love ...
    (love is a very simple word said to mean so many things)
    this is paasam or very deep love
    he is more than fifteen and behaves like a two year old
    still not able to speak
    and yes
    we cannot keep him with us
    look after him
    feed or put him to sleep
    amuse or keep him happy
    toilet train or potty
    dress or bathe
    cajole or explain
    for just one day
    (no not even for an hour without his parents with us)
    they dont attend functions or visit relatives together
    they dont even go out long journeys
    a simple ride in an auto car or moped
    is all he gets
    to see the unhelping world.....

sathya

5. varalotti

Dear Sathya,

That was a very moving post. The parents in this case are engaged in a kind of penance. May God bless them.

regards,

2 people like this.
  6. gayuharini

gayuharini Bronze IL'ite

sridhar sir,

You have an amazing skill to bring tears with a simple post on an ordinary encounter at public places...
    I too have a cousin who is affected by downsyndrome(I have not see her till now. only heard about her through my parents.) Her parents do not attend any functions. Most of our relatives avoid speaking about her and her parents quoting only god has to give them strength & love to handle that cousin.
    I may not have the patience or love to take care of people like my cousin for full life time. BUt i usually pray that God to keep such special persons safe and healthy.
    Thanks for posting such an wonder ful post...
    You are in a sort of messiah god has given us to IL's..

P.s.. i also read TDU 's new name for u. vara looti... how come none of the IL's has mentioned about in this thread.

Thanks
    Gayathri

7. varalotti

Gayathri,
    I had completely forgotten this piece when your fb brought back the sweet memories. Those were the days. I was writing left, right and centre about everything.
    TDU was one person who was not happy with me. He even wrote a poem to condemn me. "நான் என்ன வரலொட்டியின் நாயகியா நினைத்தபடி வாழ்வதற்கு.. "
    Subsequently he fought with the moderators and quit the site. That's a different story, we'll discuss it someday.
    thanks for coming in,
    sridhar